Notices

Installing 04 Coupe Seat Belt (Need Help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Installing 04 Coupe Seat Belt (Need Help)

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about installing a seat belt on my G. I got the new belt today and when I try to install it I'm stuck on this one problem. The problem is I cant quite pull out the belt, it seems like that it was stuck and I have to pull a latch or something so it would pull out. It is not LOCKED because I do have the one That is LOCKED and it is not the same. The new one would roll back and forth but it would get stuck. Kinda like the feeling when you brake hard while driving and the seat belt just kinda get stuck automatically and hold u there for a second. If anybody has any advice or any idea/trick of how to tackle this problem please be kind to show me how.

Thanks A Lot Guys!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
front seat belt? if so you need to remove the back seat bottom and seatback, then you can remove the rear side panel to get to the belt retactor. It is held on by a 10mm and a 14mm bolt. The upper arm thing of the seat belt on the pillar is held on by a 14mm bolt. I think you need to replace the whole assembly since it has a active tensioner in it, sounds like that may have gone bad. did you get in an accident, that would cause it to go off then you need to replace the assembly.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by DHCrocks
front seat belt? if so you need to remove the back seat bottom and seatback, then you can remove the rear side panel to get to the belt retactor. It is held on by a 10mm and a 14mm bolt. The upper arm thing of the seat belt on the pillar is held on by a 14mm bolt. I think you need to replace the whole assembly since it has a active tensioner in it, sounds like that may have gone bad. did you get in an accident, that would cause it to go off then you need to replace the assembly.
Thanks for the reply man, btw I did got the seat belt out already, the problem is I'm trying to install the new ones that I bought but the belt is retracted all the way and im just trying to pull the belt out but it seems like its stuck but not locked.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Not sure if the belts are the same as in the FX, but when I was installing belts into an FX they seemed locked as well. They had to be in the upright position for them to unlock. I bolted the belt to the car and stood it right side up, and then the belt unlocked and easily came out.

Just something to try-

Old 04-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by zackt69
Not sure if the belts are the same as in the FX, but when I was installing belts into an FX they seemed locked as well. They had to be in the upright position for them to unlock. I bolted the belt to the car and stood it right side up, and then the belt unlocked and easily came out.

Just something to try-
Thank you for the reply man! I was reading the service manual again today and i saw in one of the picture on the seat belt section that it is gonna be able to be pulled out if it is standing right up like what u said, so i will try that tomorrow to see if it will work or not. Thank you tho for mentioning it to me!!DOMODOMO

Old 04-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Finally done the job. Just Like what zackt69 said, it has to be mounted up first and it should work perfectly..Thanks soooo much zach.. =p