Notices

matching interior graphite plastic color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
matching interior graphite plastic color

I've used the search button extensively, but for the life of me I can't seem to find a thread that, somewhere in its confines, holds the answer to my question. Would any of you happen to know of a good means of matching the stock graphite color of the interior plastic. I'm planning on fiberglassing a set of gauges down in the driver side footwell onto that plastic center console guard very similar to these:

Just wondering if anyone knows of a solid means of getting the stock looking color/texture, or if any old threads come to mind that you can point me in the direction of.

Much appreciation in advance!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
well, pretty sure it wouldn't exactly match the stock plastic, but you can try using plastic paints that most people do their reservoir tanks in...it has a slight texture and looks like a stock piece...here are a couple pics of my tanks for reference

Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, thanks man, thats a much closer match than what I had in mind. I was going to use a spray on truck bed liner to get the textured look, but truck liner may be a bit too textured. I'll have to go pick up a can of that stuff and spray a couple trial sheets of plastic to see how it turns out. Looks good from the pictures. Thanks again