FS: "Gauging interest" - custom three-gauge plate for first gen sedan/coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
"Gauging interest" - custom three-gauge plate for first gen sedan/coupe

I'm not a vendor but I just produced a prototype gauge mount for my sedan.

This puts three gauges in the space previously for the ashtray and hazard switch, without losing a DIN.

1/8" aluminum. Room for three 52mm gauges (even AEM gauges with their oversized bezels), and an optional 16mm hole for an aftermarket hazard switch relocation. Any 5/8" switch will fit.

Mounting is easy: remove the ashtray/hazard switch assembly, mount the plate, cut holes in the remaining plastic of the console as necessary, and install. You lose the two rear clips that hold the console to the dashboard, but there are still four clips around the shifter and that is adequate to keep everything in place.

Not included: hazard switch, mounting nuts and bolts. Plate is delivered raw finish. Sand, polish, or paint for desired finish.

I can do these for USD$50 shipped PayPal anywhere in Canada or the US. I'd like a commitment of 5 units before setting up the shop.

Attached Thumbnails "Gauging interest" - custom three-gauge plate for first gen sedan/coupe-20170409_110232.jpg   "Gauging interest" - custom three-gauge plate for first gen sedan/coupe-20170409_104112.jpg   "Gauging interest" - custom three-gauge plate for first gen sedan/coupe-20170409_104107.jpg  

Last edited by TheIronYuppy; 04-09-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:33 AM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I like it. But the majority of drivers prefer to have the gauges at eye level as to not remove your vision from the road. I think this looks great but the majority or boosted vehicles/aftermarket gauge users would probably agree the location is not ideal.

Props for innovating something new!! be one of a kind and rock it if it works for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.