Notices

Paddle Shifters with an electric-telescoping wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 12:14 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
G35C 5AT
Paddle Shifters with an electric-telescoping wheel

I've been searching for several weeks, and I just can't find an answer.

There's a few paddle shifter kits out there, but they all say that they aren't compatible with the electronically telescoping wheel (part of the Premium package in a 2005 Coupe I think. Also, car is a 2005 Coupe 5AT with the Premium package (Bose, electric wheel, 19 inch rays, orange stitching, aluminum pedals, etc), derp).

Does anyone know if it straight up isn't compatible, if it requires minor modding, or if I can simply run the wires somewhere besides the steering column? I really, really, REALLY want paddle shifters (no, you will not dissuade me), but I haven't found answers about the electric steering wheel anywhere on the web.

Heck, if I could convert my wheel to manual only, I'd do it just to use the shifters.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:51 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Pretty sure there isn't an kit for the telescoping column, PM BlueDream he would know.

Custom work is ALWAYS an option though.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:07 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
G35C 5AT
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Pretty sure there isn't an kit for the telescoping column, PM BlueDream he would know.

Custom work is ALWAYS an option though.
Thanks for the reference, I'll shoot him a PM. I have a hard time seeing how electric telescoping would be incompatible; enough room to twist, and wiring should be fine. I may end up being the guinea pig for this, though.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock
Did you find an answer for this? I have an 05 Sedan with an auto steering wheel and got a set of paddle shifters for $20. I've gotta figure out how to make them work!

Old 11-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
The short answer is you run wires to the contacts for the triptronic shifter switches. It would only work while you were in manual mode, not when you are in "D."

Mount the paddle shifters solidly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.