G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Interior (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-176/)
-   -   check your in cabin filters.. mine at 20k home to mice (pic) (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior/79729-check-your-cabin-filters-mine-20k-home-mice-pic.html)

Kidcane 12-29-2005 10:12 AM

Thank God I live in FL. No hibernating mice here. Its effing hot.

yacoub 12-29-2005 01:20 PM

Considering our airbox is wide open at the front, I'm surprised you didn't find them there instead of in the in-cabin air filter which must be darn hard to get to for animals.

IS300TOG35 12-29-2005 10:58 PM

Adding to my bad experience, when I removed the old filter I think some of the debris fell into the blower motor. I had my heat on today sitting at stop light and noticed my car was shuttering a bit, but it didnt feel like it was coming from the motor, instead it seemed like it was coming from the blower motor. I stuck my head under their and its definately not acting the way it was before. My guess is one of the broken acorns or whatever fell in their and is throwing the fan off casuing the shuttering. So now Im going to have to take it to infiniti to get looked at. Im hoping my theory is correct and the blower motor just has to be cleaned. Im also hoping its not going to cause my a$s to bleed when they tell me the cost either. :eek:

cup0spam 12-29-2005 11:53 PM

how often is the in cabin air filter supposed to be changed? I'm at 10k miles...

sage 12-30-2005 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by cup0spam
how often is the in cabin air filter supposed to be changed? I'm at 10k miles...

I believe every 15K is standard... But this all depends on where you live and your daily driving conditions...

Disco_Monkey 12-30-2005 12:27 AM

holy sh*T!!! I have NEVER even heard of anything like that here in CALI!

How did they get in there?

IS300TOG35 12-30-2005 12:41 AM

for one I dont live in cali. I live in New England

Triple8Sol 12-30-2005 12:44 AM

That's disgusting. I almost can't believe it....geezus...

partyman66 12-30-2005 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by IS300TOG35
for one I dont live in cali. I live in New England

It's really not uncommon at all for this to happen in our s-h-i-t-t-y, miserable state. The winter weather rolls in, and tons of animals go into your engine bay seeking warmth after you leave your car and go into your house.

In addition to my 240SX..... my mom also had a dead mouse in her 2003 Honda Accord blower fan. She brought it to the dealer to diagnose a gross smell... and that ended up being the cause.

All us Mass G owners need to move to Cali. Hostile takeover. :p

IS300TOG35 12-30-2005 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by partyman66
It's really not uncommon at all for this to happen in our s-h-i-t-t-y, miserable state. The winter weather rolls in, and tons of animals go into your engine bay seeking warmth after you leave your car and go into your house.

In addition to my 240SX..... my mom also had a dead mouse in her 2003 Honda Accord blower fan. She brought it to the dealer to diagnose a gross smell... and that ended up being the cause.

Im down. ^

avs007 12-30-2005 02:07 AM

You ever watch MTV Pimp my ride? There was an episode, where they were taking apart the dash, and they found a rat in there, and it was still alive. It scared the crap out of the crew.....

IS300TOG35 12-30-2005 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by avs007
You ever watch MTV Pimp my ride? There was an episode, where they were taking apart the dash, and they found a rat in there, and it was still alive. It scared the crap out of the crew.....

Really, thats ironic, their in Cali. West Coast Customs Baby!! :D

ColdFusion 12-30-2005 03:43 AM

omg....that is so grose :eek: *gag

sngpimpin 12-30-2005 05:17 AM

holy f u c k...lol

RBull 12-30-2005 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by partyman66

Nah. just ship all our rodents up there in the winter time.

Yep, got to watch for them in the house(attic) and the garage. Haven't had any at my new place last 3 years but had a hell of a time getting rid of them from the attic at my last home. Damn things can squeeze into a crevice less than 1/2" and go almost anywhere.