Notices

Side Marker Fuse Blown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pics! Thanks, I have the same problem, going to check on that fuse! I got a Infiniti CD off Ebay, it's very good once you figure out the coding of the files, wish it had more detailed pic of how to get to the damn radio, but other wise it's great.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Talking Fuse

Originally Posted by kyazh
I guess I solved my own problem.

The fuse, located behind the battery. (Nissan... why the **** would u put a fuse box behind the battery? **** you for doing this)

Any who, if your side markers, taillights and license plate lights are not working, this is where to check!

The laptop is not a necessary tool for this task, but it helps if you're referring to this page while doing the job

This 'bozi txa' wasted 2 hours of my day

Thanks for the pics! I have nice new LED lights in the markers and they do not work, thought it was me not knowing how they work..# 4 on my weekend project list..lol Thanks!

Old 09-19-2010, 04:23 PM
thanks saved me a afternoon of looking for this dam fuse.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
i had the same issue on my 2003.5 sedan..
not sure why our taillamp fuse placement arent the same ..
but could be a difference between sedan and coupe . or 03-04 vs 05-06
i took these pics maybe itl help someone ..

10a fuse 5th down on the left side ..as per the fuse cover ..
Name:  random005.jpg
Views: 3391
Size:  121.1 KB
Name:  random007.jpg
Views: 2639
Size:  120.0 KB

plus i didnt have to remove my battery .
Name:  random006.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  157.8 KB

Last edited by WILLIE BEANS; 09-19-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks! I have an 04 coupe, I tool all the fuses out and looked each one over, no blown ones! Crap, I have to take a second look at the connection at the bulb, I put those LED bulbs in and have to check the wire on the base that it went in straight, also I am going to put the volt meter on the contacts to make positively sure there is even current there. Now after this problem I have to go on the thread for the Pos idle code fix, the car idles too high and it's messing up the trans and putting a strain on the brakes, my reward for being too clean!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:53 AM
my poass lites in front dont come on.. anyone know of this issue?????

Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 AM
ok so ias i pulled battery out checked all fuses in and out of car. i look underheadlight to see a wire hanging. it was unplugged. guess car is soo low dat wen i hit dat bump it got unplugged. so i put it all back together and i will ziptie it later on tosday for reassurance. n for those that done this yes!!! its a pain in the A@# moments like this make a civic glorious lmao... thx again...

Old 09-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Duh.....

Originally Posted by infinitlyfast
Thanks! I have an 04 coupe, I tool all the fuses out and looked each one over, no blown ones! Crap, I have to take a second look at the connection at the bulb, I put those LED bulbs in and have to check the wire on the base that it went in straight, also I am going to put the volt meter on the contacts to make positively sure there is even current there. Now after this problem I have to go on the thread for the Pos idle code fix, the car idles too high and it's messing up the trans and putting a strain on the brakes, my reward for being too clean!
I have LED bulbs, now when you have LEDs, there is a polarity issue, you have to install them the right way, the 194 or 168 bulb is not a problem due to it being a regular bulb. Leds are the way to go! If you have not used them, what are you waiting for?? They are great!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
How are you guys getting that damn fuse box cover back on? It was enough of a problem getting it off, getting it on is proving damn near impossible without tearing the car apart. Are you just pulling up the black plastic piece above it so far that you can go straight on, or are most of you just taking completely off like IMA-G-Gider did in his photos? I really don't want to have to remove it, and bending it any farther then I am seems like a bad idea. I just can't understand the dumb *** logic behind some of these car company's placement. I've had Car's that require me to remove 4 differen't items just to get to the battery, and now this dumb *** decesion to put 3 fuse boxes all in different locations, and to bury one of them at that. You'd think that after 100 years of automotive design that they'd all figure out that fuses and battery's should be in easy to access locations.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
lol honestly i dont recall it being a problem at all getting it off or back on. i dont remember to much as it was a while ago but i did remove the black "cowl" thats attached to the windshield. did u remove that?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So I'm an idiot... I didn't see the one push tab rivot that was holding the cowl in place so I was baffled why the damn thing was so stuck to the windshield. Once I saw that and popped it off the cowl came off and the cover went right on. Thanks!

Old 10-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
lol .. glad you figured it out tripleHBK:

i love my service manual .. if any of you dont have it .you can download it ..
this link is for all infiniti's :
http://pdftown.com/Infiniti-PDF-eBook-Category.html
this link is for the 2003 g35 sedan
http://pdftown.com/PDF-Infiniti-G35-...ce-Manual.html

happy searching ..

Old 10-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by RPL
I would like to thank you for the detailed write up - it helped me find the fuse box today when I was in a similar situation.

Additionally, unlike yours, my culprit wasn't the top 10a fuse, it was the rear tail fuse (third 10a fuse down from the top on the left hand side). So perhaps this could also help someone in a similar circumstance.

Thanks again.
You said it was your rear tail fuse?...I'm wondering..are you talking about the one thats like in the rear window..because in my car the light works, and sometimes it doesn't..do you think its still a fuse?

Old 11-23-2010, 01:04 AM
well i have a good one for you guys!!!! driver fog work. pass is off==turn on the high beams and the blow light up. my open door and cluster only light up with the car on ignitions. check all three boxes and got nothing but good fuses????

help please

Old 11-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
^ in English, please?

From what I can make out of that, it could be a battery, as a failing battery can cause very strange things in the electrical system in these cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Side Marker Fuse Blown