Notices

03 Sedan, replacing center stop light bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KCK7
OK I started this thread a long time ago and finally revisited it. I solved the problem just recently and here's how, in case this is a help to other owners.

As iitywybmad so cleverly found out, my problem was also the little diode. For reference, the original one says "4007" but I could not find this anywhere. I got a 4005 from RadioShack and went to my local audio/electronics shop to get this installed. He had done some expensive work for me in the past so he did this one for free -- it took him about 5 minutes including testing it.

To get the light out, I employed my daughter who is an engineering student and very flexible. She spent maybe 30 minutes getting it out (yes that second screw is a bear). When we tried to reinstall the next week the screws were nowhere to be found (typical in our home) so she used duct tape and the reinstall took her 15 minutes.

Thanks to iitywybmad for his great discovery! Saved me considerable $$$.
The diode numbers are not that important as long as it is close (4004, 4005, 4007 will all work) because they only differ in their max power ratings which you will never be near on a 12v system.