Notices

Step/Door lights to LED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Ogz.. if u can help it.. don't let the clear case come un-done from the wires.. just pop the clear case off the plastic and lay on ya back, get a thin flat head screw driver and a towel (don't let the hot bulb fall on ya face)..

After u popped the clear case.. stick the the flat head in and try to pop one side of the bulb out.. after that pull it with ya hand to release the other side.. after that pop in one side of the bulb and make sure the bulb is shining the right direction and pop it in.. then put the case back on..

Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Guam671
Thanks man!

I used a small thin flathead screwdriver to disconnect the wire from the clear casing...there isn't a lot of slack on the wiring, so don't pull too hard. Taking it off is the easy part. Reconnecting the casing, with the new bulb in it, to the wire is a bit of a pain. Good luck and....don't pull too hard! let me know how it goes...if you're stuck i'll pull mine out again and take more pics!
Hey man thanks for the help I really appreciate it! I got them in but didnt get a chance to check em out at night yet. I bought the Hi Power ones(http://www.superbrightleds.com/store...stoons3022.jpg) I was scared they wouldent fit but they seemed to go in fine

Old 02-08-2009, 05:31 PM
To Guam, Broke as a Joke, and Dranom,

thanks fellas for the guide/tips doing the lights i managed to do it without any troubles.. it was actually easier than i thought it would be, maybe i was to paranoid of breaking the glass covers for them or stuff up the wiring. but geyah thanks again!..

1 question tho.. does your driver side step light only turns on when you open the passenger door? .. coz thats what mine does, so i was wondering if its normal?.. i thought it was broken at first but then i saw it when i was cleaning the interior of the car.
Thanks in advance

To Guam, ill post some pics on my profile soon hehe i havent had time to take pictures of it. but yeh man soon pre!

Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by MrPooN
Hey man thanks for the help I really appreciate it! I got them in but didnt get a chance to check em out at night yet. I bought the Hi Power ones(http://www.superbrightleds.com/store...stoons3022.jpg) I was scared they wouldent fit but they seemed to go in fine

Mr.Poon i bought the same man. they are crazy bright and they do not project any heat aswell unlike the original bulbs. i changed my Dome lights inside the car with the exact one. perfect output. i think they are called SMD Led bulbs. its great!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Looks nice

Old 03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
They both finally died on my this week. I guess I have to do it all over again!!!! UGH.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Just to change the city light, you really don't have to take the wheel off.. Just jack up the wheel enough on each side so that you raise the wheel well. Don't even lift the wheel off the ground, turn the wheel all the way to the right, when you're on the left side, and all the way to the left, when you're on the right side. You just want to be able to pull the clips out, and pull the wheel lining down.. Then you can slide your arm back there, and twist the fog light cap off, and pull the city light out, change the bulb, and put it back in.. Done.. I just did mine a few weekends ago for the first time.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by twalls
Just to change the city light, you really don't have to take the wheel off.. Just jack up the wheel enough on each side so that you raise the wheel well. Don't even lift the wheel off the ground, turn the wheel all the way to the right, when you're on the left side, and all the way to the left, when you're on the right side. You just want to be able to pull the clips out, and pull the wheel lining down.. Then you can slide your arm back there, and twist the fog light cap off, and pull the city light out, change the bulb, and put it back in.. Done.. I just did mine a few weekends ago for the first time.
thanks twalls...i still havent bought the LED's for my city lights..been busy...i'll try that out when I do order more and find time to change them out!

btw...what LED did you use? thanks again...

Old 04-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
haha i juss saw this thread.. cool sto nino.. does it know kung fu powers? im waiting on my LEDs to come its should be here by tomorrow but yea. was it a PITA to take the LEDs for the doors out?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by thesaints21
haha i juss saw this thread.. cool sto nino.. does it know kung fu powers? im waiting on my LEDs to come its should be here by tomorrow but yea. was it a PITA to take the LEDs for the doors out?
initially it sucks...not enough slack on the wires...but it's not too bad after you get the first one out of the way...

where'd you get your LED's?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
from statik bro.. i thinks it 60 for 2 domes 2 doors and 2 for rear plates

Old 04-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
looks better with led's. just jack up the front and turn the wheels then take the liner loose and do the city lights and HIDs from there. and the seat is a common traffic area of course and gets the worst of it all. i have some good condition wheat leathers for ya if interested btw.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned
cool broDOMODOMODOMODOMO

Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by the_coupe
looks better with led's. just jack up the front and turn the wheels then take the liner loose and do the city lights and HIDs from there. and the seat is a common traffic area of course and gets the worst of it all. i have some good condition wheat leathers for ya if interested btw.
thanks! i just got both my seats warrantied!...my dealer changed out both bottoms on the fronts...they also changed my rear panel leather which was falling off...and i'm bringing it back tomorrow to change out my door panels! good thing im barely still under warranty!...59500 and next month i hit 4yrs!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:45 PM
After reading so many post about the step lights being a PITA to change, I threw mine in the trunk and was going to just forget about them. Well today I decided to give it a shot...for those of you that are a little hesitant..it wasn't as hard as some say it is...took me all of 2 min's to change, don't know why some people are pulling the plastic housing down so far that they pull off the wire. Now if I can just figure out how to get to the light in the ashtray I'll be good ta go

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Step/Door lights to LED