Notices

can anyone in the SFV help me out w/ my projectors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can anyone in the SFV help me out w/ my projectors?

Hello everybody!..

Apparently, i need a little help with my projector alignment. I received some awesome headlights from IvoryGT, however, they aren't adjusted correctly. I'm sure they're from being lugged around from the shipment. the lighting and cutoff aren't straight.

If someone is able to help me out, that would be outstanding!.. let me know if there's something we could work out. or if anyone could refer me to someone that could possibly help me out.

thanks errrbody.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Its VERY easy to do. Search for headlight aiming. I think Redlude wrote one up. I did it off his DIY. It will take you 10 minutes...5 of which to find a spot that is straight and the right amount of feet. I aimed mine and got the cutoff perfect. Mine were also from Ivory.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:43 AM
thanks vette..

i just need a wall now. i tried to familiarize myself with the adjustment module/screw before i tested it to see if i was able to get something actually turning. so i think i know what i need to do. it's just now... i need a wall to fix it on.

hopefully i dont screw anything up lol i wanna get those Ivory pics up asap.. but i don't want to post up anything w/out the alignment fixed and the lights looking as they should be.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:34 AM
apparently my adjustment screw isn't moving my projector... it's like when you tighten a screw, and the thread get loose.

can anyone help a brotha' out? any possible fix?

Old 01-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
First of all, verify you are actually turning the adjustment screw by accessing the screw from the rear and turning it with a 10mm wrench. If it still doesn't move, then you have likely unscrewed the projector off the adjustment screw, and will need to reopen the lights to fix it

Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are these custom built projectors or a stock projector. I know he has done custom work so you may not be able to use the stock adjustment screw to level them depending how they are mounted.

Although if it feels like you unscrewed it all the way, you may have no other option than to open it up and adjust that way.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:13 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
What is off on the aiming? Is it too high/too low/rotated?

With custom work, somethings things get caught on other parts in the light, and sometimes you've reached the limit of what can be adjusted (speaking from personal experience).

Old 01-22-2009, 07:33 PM
It's possible that it might have gotten loose somehow. I'm hoping not. but as i tried to adjust the up/down level there was a point where it wasn't moving at all. Light is still visible (it's not "not" shinning the road ahead of me) so i'm hoping that it hasn't disconnected the projector at all. I'm hoping the 10mm tightening will work. aside from that i'm just going to have klumzyee look at it when i drop my car off for some work.

the lights are working for me as far as lighting the road and still not blinding anyone. so i'm going to leave it as is until Eric can take a look at it. thanks for the responses.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
First of all, verify you are actually turning the adjustment screw by accessing the screw from the rear and turning it with a 10mm wrench. If it still doesn't move, then you have likely unscrewed the projector off the adjustment screw, and will need to reopen the lights to fix it
that's what i'm hoping it's not. but it makes sense. i'm just not savvy at all with having to open the lights.. and i would much rather leave it as is until Klumzyee could take a look at it and see if he could possibly fix the installment screws first.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by blk06x
Are these custom built projectors or a stock projector. I know he has done custom work so you may not be able to use the stock adjustment screw to level them depending how they are mounted.

Although if it feels like you unscrewed it all the way, you may have no other option than to open it up and adjust that way.
I hope i didn't.... it didn't get high enough/low enough for me to have unscrewed it all the way. but who knows, maybe there wasn't that much give on it and it might have just gotten too loose from the projector