Notices

Project IBP: Projector Headlight Modding With A New Twist!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Job well done Todd.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
Looks good, IBP! How's it affect the lighting?
I would think the color of the reflective material, so long as it is still reflective, should not affect the color of the light so much, especially in the case of it being yellow

Old 05-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Looks amazing

Old 05-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I wonder how the paint does with the heat of the light being on for long periods of time.... I was thinking about doing this a while back but got scared of the heat melting or bubbling the paint and making it look like poop. I ended up just going with yellow bulbs and calling it a day.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
very cool idea..i may snag it for my own use

Old 05-19-2010, 04:44 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by idrive_MD
I would think the color of the reflective material, so long as it is still reflective, should not affect the color of the light so much, especially in the case of it being yellow
I would think the color acts like a tint, decreasing output...

Old 05-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
I would think the color acts like a tint, decreasing output...
Yeah, I thought the same thing so I put some H3's in there instead of H1's. Figured a little brighter wouldn't be a bad thing as I was planning to use them as daytime running lamps.

I was wrong. I turned them on... a helicopter crashed and NASA aimed a shuttle my way for a landing. They are BRIGHT AS F*CK during the daylight... and nighttime? They can't even be turned on at night if anyone is around. LOL

I had a friend stand in front of me about 100 feet. Projector cutoff line was his waist. I hit highs and he cut off around his neck. I turned on the fogs and it lit up beyond the tops of two story homes on either side of him. lmao

There's a lesson in here somewhere.

Anyway, I use them during the day on the interstate. Works well to keep people from cutting me off, actually. During daylight it doesn't blind anyone, but it's certainly more noticeable.

Here are some pics of the car from the Dragon this weekend. Ignore the watermarks, I did a compilation to compare them so I could pick which ones to buy. (I'm not that cheap bastard)

Then this is what it looks like sitting still and the sunlight catches the reflective portion...

Old 05-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
Here are some pics of the car from the Dragon this weekend. Ignore the watermarks, I did a compilation to compare them so I could pick which ones to buy. (I'm not that cheap bastard)

Ideally, unless you're focusing in on a part, a good shot of a car will have the entire car, and be angled enough to see at least a bit of the rear wheel, and the face of the front wheel... so I would say top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom center are the best pics.

Now, some magazines might want front or rear shots to give people a better representation of how the car looks like in person, but those aren't the type of shots you want to frame.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I like all 6 with the exception of the bottom right. Compared to the others it just doesn't do it for me.

I wanted a straight head on shot, so I like the top center.

Killboy got some great shots where I'm just about tucking rim. I'll be ordering a couple of those as well.