Notices

Pics of newly-installed LED halo's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought after market black turn light, but they look more gray. I got them after I smoked out front and back lights...gonna get the front redone with turn lights this time after I install LED blinker and fogs.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Here's a couple more pics with the LED's off:

Rasta_Coty: My turn signal is actually still amber, you just can't really tell in the previous pictures. I'm sure AAC could remedy that problem, but your best (and cheapest) bet is to probably get aftermarket lighting. And BTW, I'm a girl. LOL, just thought I'd point that out now rather than later.

eddlove2001: Where did you get your black turn signals? Have any pics?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Real Sexy Ms. Smith, WOW, I love your style...I bought my turn signals on bumper from Ebay, not the best fit tho but i made it work 2 be unique. I wanted the coupe but settled with sedan with more space. Have u seen any mods for coupe headlights on sedan?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Well thank yuh! So these turn signals you bought...they give off an amber coloration when you're turning (have them on), but when not in use, they look gray? Headlight mods for G35 coupe or sedan are pretty hard to come by unless it's a DIY, but AAC has some CCFL halo's in different colors, and could probably do an LED mod (either halo or a stripe running along the sides). The only other place I know of would be 180 customs, but they also do AMAZING work:

Old 07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by ShelbySmith

Rasta_Coty: My turn signal is actually still amber, you just can't really tell in the previous pictures. I'm sure AAC could remedy that problem, but your best (and cheapest) bet is to probably get aftermarket lighting. And BTW, I'm a girl. LOL, just thought I'd point that out now rather than later.
oops sorry bout that, I'll just contact them and see what they can do..thank you

Old 07-23-2010, 03:15 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Technically speaking, can you get a ticket for having a headlight like this?

I'm interested in doing something like this, but I'm not too sure how legal it is. A friend of mine got a ticket out here in Houston for his 12k HID's so I'm just curious if this would technically be in the same boat as that.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:34 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
me likes! Do they do other colors besides white? All my lighting is blue, so...

Old 07-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
Technically speaking, can you get a ticket for having a headlight like this?

I'm interested in doing something like this, but I'm not too sure how legal it is. A friend of mine got a ticket out here in Houston for his 12k HID's so I'm just curious if this would technically be in the same boat as that.
They are absolutely, completely legal. Anything over 10K is illegal, and HID's utilize projectors, so the light is much brighter and travels a further distance. The LED halo's I purchased are 10K, and are just about the same as the stock LED's that come on the new Audi's. I've been driving with these on a daily basis and have yet to have a problem.

Originally Posted by cdubel01
me likes! Do they do other colors besides white? All my lighting is blue, so...
Thanks! My LED's actually are more of a blueish coloration in real life...the pics don't accurately capture them, unfortunately. They do sell them at AAC in white, blue, and amber, though.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
The LED rings look good. I might look into those for a future project.

I've never heard of 10K being the limit for legal vs illegal. Plus, the color is going to be slightly different depending on which manufacturer you purchase from. At the end of the day, it depends on that specific cop in your specific county. If you get a ticket for 8000K lights, it won't help to try and convince him that the guys on g35driver said it would be ok.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Not bad not bad

Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by E_K
The LED rings look good. I might look into those for a future project.

I've never heard of 10K being the limit for legal vs illegal. Plus, the color is going to be slightly different depending on which manufacturer you purchase from. At the end of the day, it depends on that specific cop in your specific county. If you get a ticket for 8000K lights, it won't help to try and convince him that the guys on g35driver said it would be ok.
I was under the impression that the legal limit was 10K, but didn't take into consideration the coloration will vary depending on the company purchased from. Well I'll take that into account and keep my eyes peeled for popo's.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
I like it, looks good -- any issues with condensation or anything since you have had them back?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by kricci11
I like it, looks good -- any issues with condensation or anything since you have had them back?
Not yet, fortunately. The headlights were sealed with original factory glue, resealed with resin, and then pressure tested, so I'm hoping they'll hold their own over the next couple of years.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Where did you get all this done? In ST Pete?

Interested in doing halos/projects and R8 LEDs for my headlights and doing my taillights with the dual LEDS like the G37s...

they look good, gurl *thumbs up*

Old 08-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Look good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of newly-installed LED halo's.