Notices

Installing 06 projector headlights need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing 06 projector headlights need help!

Hey guys I recently purchased a set of 06 projectors from someone on the forum and having a bit of trouble installing them. I assumed everything was just plug and play from my old 05 headlights but I'm having an issue . From the actual projector bulb housing (where the d2s bulb goes) there's two wires coming out and a plug and I'm not sure what this connects to. I've tried searching but I can't find info on this exact plug. I've attached a picture so maybe someone can help me out thanks !

Attached Thumbnails Installing 06 projector headlights need help!-img_8027.png  
Old 06-02-2017, 11:49 PM
He only sold me the headlights and no wiring does that mean I need to buy an 06 wiring harness ? I was trying to use my old set

Edit: did a bit more research and looks like I'm gonna need a different wiring harness.. is my best bet to search at pick a part ? I only found one site online but I'm not sure this is exactly what I'm searching for if anybody could let me know if this is what I'm looking for http://parts.bonitaspringsinfiniti.c...wd=&origin=pla

Last edited by oskcazx; 06-03-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
It's should've come with wires outside the headlight too. The red ones are to activate the high beam solenoid, moving the cutoff shield out of the way. The cap that goes on the upper rear of the projector should have a green wire and gray plug. This controls the high beam only.

06 coupes put the DRL in the fog housing instead of on the side. Those are about the only differences.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:25 AM
Thank you for clearing it up a bit bro it was driving me crazy for a while . You think the above link I posted is exactly what I need ?

Old 06-04-2017, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Picture doesn't seem to be exactly accurate, but that seems to line up. I'll get you a picture later today.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.