Notices

Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.

My sidemarkers arrived today, 5 minutes later, they were installed. After sticking them on, I can not believe that the cars did not come this way in the US. Orange sidemarkers are ridiculous and I bet it cost them a bunch more to run another line of sidemarkers. This is a must MOD for your car. If your car is Red, this is an absolute change. I love it, it looks great, and Courtesy Nissan ships FAST and cheap. Love it. The JDM instructions are kind of funny though.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats!

Old 04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ashadiow
My sidemarkers arrived today, 5 minutes later, they were installed. After sticking them on, I can not believe that the cars did not come this way in the US. Orange sidemarkers are ridiculous and I bet it cost them a bunch more to run another line of sidemarkers. This is a must MOD for your car. If your car is Red, this is an absolute change. I love it, it looks great, and Courtesy Nissan ships FAST and cheap. Love it. The JDM instructions are kind of funny though.

I don't think it is a MUST mod...I think the ambers look better on my black car and match the brembos...
but I agree...they look better on some of the colors that clash.

But....looking at the Nissan Skyline site....they come with orange side markers and blinkers exactly like the G35.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:27 PM
No idea whats going on
Originally Posted by OldVFRGuy
I don't think it is a MUST mod...I think the ambers look better on my black car and match the brembos...
but I agree...they look better on some of the colors that clash.
+1
I have a black G and I decided against changing the sidemarkers because of that same reason and the fact that everyone is changing to the clear corners

Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you need to get em smoked depending on the car color. Had a TB and the clear was too loud of a color so got em smoked. Looks great.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Since my G is IP, for some reason I like the amber better :-)

Old 04-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
... I can not believe that the cars did not come this way in the US.
Maybe it has something to do with DOT regs, you think??!!

You're lucky if you live in a state that doesn't have an annual inspection (or inspectors that don't enforce vehicle code).

Old 04-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Clear side markers are 50 state 100% DOT legal (disclaimer as long as there is an Amber bulb). The Amber ones look OK on IP as long as they have the Brembo's to off set them, and still look good on Black, but on Red, they look terrible. The clear on the red makes all the difference in the world.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:38 PM
They are a must on DG for sure.

Attached Thumbnails Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.-dsc_0017b.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 05:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Clear side markers are 50 state 100% DOT legal (disclaimer as long as there is an Amber bulb).
You are sorely misinformed. Clear sidemarkers are illegal in MOST states, regardless of the bulbs. There are some exceptions, Texas for one. In California, for instance, the sidemarkers must reflect amber, that means an amber lense. I live in CA and I have the clear sidemarkers with an amber bulb so they appear legal when lit. But they are, in fact, illegal. Everybody should check the laws in their state for clarification on this issue.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
WRAH
Clear side markers are 50 state 100% DOT legal (disclaimer as long as there is an Amber bulb). The Amber ones look OK on IP as long as they have the Brembo's to off set them, and still look good on Black, but on Red, they look terrible. The clear on the red makes all the difference in the world.

WRONG!

Old 04-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Not everything has to match, dude!
Matching is so 80's...

Attached Thumbnails Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.-copy-dsc00247.jpg   Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.-dsc00302.jpg   Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.-before.jpg   Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.-after.jpg   Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.-dsc00310.jpg  

Old 04-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
You are sorely misinformed. Clear sidemarkers are illegal in MOST states, regardless of the bulbs. There are some exceptions, Texas for one. In California, for instance, the sidemarkers must reflect amber, that means an amber lense. I live in CA and I have the clear sidemarkers with an amber bulb so they appear legal when lit. But they are, in fact, illegal. Everybody should check the laws in their state for clarification on this issue.
yup..

Old 04-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Guess it isn't a big deal in FL either:

officer testified that he stopped the defendant because his side marker lights were not working. The defendant argues that the Florida statutes do not require side marker lights; therefore, there can be no violation even if they were not working properly.

This Court reviews this matter under a de novo standard. Ornealas v. United States, 517 U.S. 690 (1996); Connor v. State, 803 So.2d 608 (Fla. 2001). The Court is not persuaded by the State’s argument that Florida law requires side marker lights. None of the statutes cited by the State require side marker lights. Also, stopping the defendant because of an equipment violation is not warranted under the facts of this case because the non-working marker lights did not cause an immediate danger to any one.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:11 AM
California has a lot of stupid laws regarding vehicles. After being there for 3 months and seeing a bunch of cars pulled over by 5 or 6 police officers with the vehicles hood up, and the officers running around the vehicle with a tape measure I was ready to leave. Is it really nessesary to have 5-6 officers pull someone over to make sure that they are meeting emissions and they are riding high / low enough... come on now.

I was under the impression that they had to "reflect light" during the day and needed to shine amber in color at night. The color during the day is irrelevant, as long as it reflects. They do not want you putting clear lenses like the ones on the headlamps because they do not reflect. The ones from the skyline do just that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Sidemarkers have arrived.