Notices

Anyone with the Demon Eyes yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gatlin gun ohhh ahhh!! i still want some one to do that. i would actually love to see some one do for the coupe a gatlin gun (q45) for the lower, s2k for the upper, ccfl rings, and ccfl for the trun signal, ccfl for the clearance strip, with blacked out headlights, and clear lense turn signals. and only if i had cash i would have done this.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just took out the headlights to do this project, but looking at how crappy the OEM clearence strip looks I'm considering sending them out.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
RST: i saw gatlin gun on a coupe already. its been posted before..

Ed Lin

Old 12-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
hahaha

i no know...

Ed

Old 12-23-2005, 01:44 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Lin
RST: i saw gatlin gun on a coupe already. its been posted before..

Ed Lin

Really? Do you remember who posted it? I haven't tried first hand, but I think the Q45 projector would be too big, even in the lower fog/high beam part. Plus, you'd lose your high beam if you put it in there.

I remember a Q45 retrofit on a 350Z. Looked pretty clean...

Old 12-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Also the Q45 projector's output isn't that great for the price you pay. EK CCFL for turn signals? Do you think your inverters can take the constant on and off?

Old 12-23-2005, 02:21 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Also the Q45 projector's output isn't that great for the price you pay. EK CCFL for turn signals? Do you think your inverters can take the constant on and off?
?

I never said I'm doing CCFLs for the turn signals. For my project, it's just the clearance lights. Signal bulb is staying stock, maybe changing to a orange bulb, but that's it.

The good thing about the Q45 projectors is the appearance. But it's not bixenon, so you'd lose the high beams.

RS6 or E55 bixenons would be the easiest to mount in the fog/high section. Two of the mounting holes line up exactly with the mounting holes for the stock reflectors.

TLs would give more output and slightly sharper low beam cutoff.

TLs with clear lenses.....

Old 12-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
i swear i saw it on this forum somewhere. when i have time i'll try to find it. It was in the fog light area..

U could always just retrofit a bixenon on the top EK? Or would that be a no no??

anyways... i no know what i have done yet we'll see how it looks when i get my headlights back....

Ed Lin

Old 12-23-2005, 04:02 AM
wow, really, i only remember only seening a Z with the Q45 headlights. and that looked really damn good.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Well I got the demon eyes installed last night, it took about 6 hours total to remove the lights and to do the install.

After they are installed back I will snap some shots tonight. Overall they look great installed, the instructions get a C+.

You will NOT want to have to do this again, as the the headlights are a bizzach to remove, and well sitting there will your headlights in an oven is a unique experience. My wife walked in and asked what I was making... err uhh its a headlight dear.

So my paranoia now is that one of these burn out, and then it looks terrible for eternity.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone with the Demon Eyes yet?-dscn1267.jpg   Anyone with the Demon Eyes yet?-dscn1268.jpg   Anyone with the Demon Eyes yet?-dscn1269.jpg  
Old 12-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mooka
Well I got the demon eyes installed last night, it took about 6 hours total to remove the lights and to do the install.

After they are installed back I will snap some shots tonight. Overall they look great installed, the instructions get a C+.

You will NOT want to have to do this again, as the the headlights are a bizzach to remove, and well sitting there will your headlights in an oven is a unique experience. My wife walked in and asked what I was making... err uhh its a headlight dear.

So my paranoia now is that one of these burn out, and then it looks terrible for eternity.
How easy was it to pull apart? Did you have to remove the front bumper?

Old 12-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Yes, bumper must come off, that wasn't as bad as I though it was. Caution though, taking out the grill was tricky, and the tabs holding it in are plasic and broke easily.

I fired up the lights, and one of the halos does not illuminate all the way. It looks real cool though when they work, so I'm at a point now where the car will be idle until I can get a replacement. Did I test them before... nope

Taking apart the light itself was not bad either, it just takes some time. I found using a heat gun with the oven method (15 min @ 210* worked for me well) made it alot easier. When pulling them apart, use the heat gun to zap the stretchy glue. THey went together pretty well too, you can tell that they were opened, not the most perfect factory seal, but the glue didnt go anywhere so the seal should still be good.

Again they look real cool, but really think what happens of one goes out, you will spend a while replacing them.

Old 12-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Mooka, can't wait for the finished pics.. nice job.
Most likely its the inverter, not the halo that's the problem.
Keep us posted.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Just got some info from Justin, on his advice I shortened the wire to the halo by about 2.5" and that did the trick. I hope to install them and get some shots tonight.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:21 PM
woohoo, good luck, hope that works, and i cant wait for those pixs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with the Demon Eyes yet?