Notices

evo 8 projectors in an 03 g coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo 8 projectors in an 03 g coupe?

hey, I just got new headlights for my evo and they came with new projectors so I kept my old ones, and I am woundering if anyone knows if the projectors from the evo 8 would be able to be retrofitted into my g's headlights? If anyone knows let me know, because I really want projectors in my g....thanks

Old 01-31-2006, 08:59 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by gwel687
hey, I just got new headlights for my evo and they came with new projectors so I kept my old ones, and I am woundering if anyone knows if the projectors from the evo 8 would be able to be retrofitted into my g's headlights? If anyone knows let me know, because I really want projectors in my g....thanks
Did you mean to say you got new headlights for yoru G35 and not your evo?

The Evo 8 projectors are long with a 3" diameter lense.. with some creative tinkering it should or could work. I have a pair of mint condition evo 8 headlights which i'm waiting for the right cilent for me to use the projectors in their headlight conversion.

Larry

Old 01-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Thumbs up

EVO projectors are made by Stanley, like the TSX/S2000 projectors, right?

Shouldn't they be about the same size?

I've noticed that EVO projectors give off even more purple/blue color at night. They are also the brightest frickin' headlights I've ever seen (sitting in my friend's EVO). Comparing my friend's EVO with my G is like a giant spotlight on the road vs. 2 little flashlights.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:14 PM
they should be able to fit so I say retro fit them...cut off and flicker is crazy on evos.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by JoeyG35
EVO projectors are made by Stanley, like the TSX/S2000 projectors, right?

Shouldn't they be about the same size?

I've noticed that EVO projectors give off even more purple/blue color at night. They are also the brightest frickin' headlights I've ever seen (sitting in my friend's EVO). Comparing my friend's EVO with my G is like a giant spotlight on the road vs. 2 little flashlights.
It doesn't matter who makes the projector.. the S2000 are made by Kioto. TSX has the stanley stamp on them.. the projector compoents themself however are not made by Stanley or Kioto but another manufacotring plant that makes the individual parts.

If they shoudl all be the same size, then it would make my job so much easier, but in reality they are not the same size, they are designed to fit the housings they were made to be installed in. The Evo 8 projector has a 3" lense diameter which to keep the same focal length and etc and focus, the projector is about 8" long by itself.

The Evo 8 does have more color however it surely doesn't a 100% level sharp cut off line like the S2000 and the Evo 8 has weird flare up left and right of it's beam pattern. The Evo 8 also isn't the brightest hid projector out there if your talking about the most light output. The Evo 8 will seem like night and day when compared to your G35 due to the Evo 8 headlight being a projector design while yours is a reflective design.

The projector design by itself can put out 85% of the light coming out of the hid bulb onto the ground while the reflector can only use up to 65% of the usable light from the hid bulb. And free form lighting is even worst..

The so called "flicker" is also dependant on the sharpness of the cut off line from the projector but ALSO how stiff the suspension on your vehicle is. Those two combined will yield a vehicle that looks as though as it flickers more then another.

Larry

Old 02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
well I decided that I didnt wanna do all the work to retrofit the projectors, but if anyone is interested in buying the OEM evo 8 projectors pm me for a price, they would be really nice on a G....thanks