The M-Spot For General discussion of the M35/M45

OEM Ipod Integration - 2006 M35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Ipod Integration - 2006 M35x

The Nissan OEM Ipod adapter works in a 2006 M35x! There were a bunch of threads in the G section on this topic, but nothing here, so I thought I'd share the good news.

Thanks to Joe T at EverythingG35.com for a good price on the parts too!

My car has the Bose 2-channel audio (not the surround). Not sure if there are any differences for either the base radio or the 5.1 surround version. Joe could probably help there.

With this installation, you can view song title/artist on your screen & control your ipod from the factory head unit, though the interface isn't very straightforward. I do not have XM, but I believe the kit is compatible with an extra wiring harness. You can also skip through songs by using the steering wheel control - you just need to press and hold it until it beeps. A quick flick will take you to your next radio preset.

I used the G install instructions below - process was similar for the M, with a few exceptions:
- The Sat radio pre-wire is tucked under the right hand side of the rear parcel shelf (opposite the bose amp), not behind the rear seat.
- To run the wire into the passenger compartment, I had to remove the rear seatback and the center pass-thru, and I routed the wire in the gap between the pass-thru and the body. I mounted the controller under the center of the rear seat just as in the instructions, and ran the cable to the console that way.
- You don't need to remove the center console. Just remove the covers & screws on the LH and RH side of the console, and remove the rear part with the vents off by pulling it straight back.
- I drilled the hole on the bottom of the center console storage area, about 1/4" from the drivers side. Be careful when drilling not to drill through the ductwork for the rear vent.

Part numbers you'll need:

Without SAT radio:
999U7-VR002
999U7-VS000

With SAT radio:
999U7-VR002
999U7-VS000
999U7-VS001

Here are the instructions posted on Infiniti of Scottsdale's website. I believe a driver forum member put these together -- though I don't know who. Great write up...and thanks!

http://www.g35parts.com/download/ipodinstall.pdf

Old 12-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Update - using ipod controls

Forgot to mention in my post above - there is a workaround that allows you to use the controls on the ipod directly - instead of having to fumble with the factory headunit interface:

User JohnMax at infinitifx.org figured this out - it works like a charm on my M and 5G (30GB) ipod:

http://www.infinitifx.org/viewtopic....=asc&start=200

Old 02-19-2009, 03:08 PM
I have just installed a PXAMG unit on my '06 coupe and the only thing I don't like much is that the steering wheel control needs to be pressed for 2 seconds to skip tracks. On the head unit it is instantly. How do the controls behave on your steering wheel with that OEM unit? Hope is better than mine.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately, the OEM unit works with the same 2 second delay. If you hit it quickly, the radio leaves ipod(xm) mode and moves to one of your preset FM stations. I've ended up using the tuning **** on the dash instead of the steering wheel control to change tracks for that reason.