The M-Spot For General discussion of the M35/M45

DVD grounding.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD grounding.

So, I really wanna know what I can do to ground the dvd wire so that I can watch movies while I drive. Does anyone have instructions of what I can do. Please let me know...

Old 11-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by murd3r3dM35
So, I really wanna know what I can do to ground the dvd wire so that I can watch movies while I drive. Does anyone have instructions of what I can do. Please let me know...
Now if you asked how you could set your system up to use a certain type of OBD gauge system on your Nav screen you may get some responses.

But since you are going to be watching movies just give us all email as soon as you leave the house.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:25 PM
im pretty sure you know what I mean. I know there is a hack you can do and i know someone installed a switch. i need to know whats the best way and how.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM
im pretty sure you know what I mean. I know there is a hack you can do and i know someone installed a switch. i need to know whats the best way and how.
The point is that no one here is likely (or should) to enter into a discussion on how to disable a safety feature in order for you to do an unsafe act. The have been known to enter into discussions on how to use the nav screen for something like displaying gauges.

One should be driving a car and not be watching reruns of 'I Love Lucy' when in control of a 2 ton object.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:10 AM
ok well i mean maybe you're a little over protective. I don't really see a big deal. Why put a DVD player for the front screen if you can't use for long rides.

It's kind of obvious that I'm not gonna be driving down the interstate watching a movie and letting my car go off the road and still enjoy a movie. You're being a little ridiculous. thanks for the help.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:28 AM
ok well i mean maybe you're a little over protective. I don't really see a big deal. Why put a DVD player for the front screen if you can't use for long rides.

It's kind of obvious that I'm not gonna be driving down the interstate watching a movie and letting my car go off the road and still enjoy a movie. You're being a little ridiculous. thanks for the help.
Note this is not my rules, it is the rules of posting on this system that we don't post information about bypassing a safety system to allow what may be an unsafe act to occur.

If I knew you personally and you were nearby I may well come over to your place and do this for you so you could use the system for a safe act such as using an OBD based gauge system which outputs an RCA video signal.

However not knowing you I would not consider telling you how to bypass a system which allows you to watch a movie while driving down the road and running over someone's wife and 6 month old child taking out grandma in the back seat at the same time killing your wife and 2 year old and then crossing the center barrier cables hitting my G and scratching my paint.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 AM
yeah thanks for the help. considering it'd be considered the dumbest act by man to not feel your vehicle going off the road and hitting someone else without correcting it. you acted quite dumb about this and little over the top. maybe scratching the paint on your G would be good for the both of us. just sayin.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:08 PM
yeah thanks for the help. considering it'd be considered the dumbest act by man to not feel your vehicle going off the road and hitting someone else without correcting it. you acted quite dumb about this and little over the top. maybe scratching the paint on your G would be good for the both of us. just sayin.
Like I said I don't know you and so don't know for sure how you would use the system and for what I know you may be that one who would perform the dumbest act of man.

Also you seem to totally miss the other point. It is a violation of the forum rules for either you or me to discuss the methods used to bypass a safety feature such as this. The same goes for example if you were asking how to bypass the way the navigation unit works by locking you out of various features once the car is in motion. As far as this last one I find the lockout in some ways is more dangerous than not locking it out. Maybe it should be limited it is limited in a way that I feel cause some hazards.

I find this true about the Music Box feature as well. How is it that the iPod is fairly open to operation and the Music Box is so much more limited?

I know how to fix all of this, just a matter for me to spend an afternoon doing so once I am not concerned about possible warranty issues (ie I would rather have it entirely plug and play instead of cutting and soldering) but the fact is you are not likely at all to find anyone here that will on the forum give you a detail step by step method of bypassing the feature that keeps you from watching 'Fast and Furious' while you are drifting near Gorda.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:47 PM
whoa... a simple post and so many responses and links. My apologies for not doing the search first, that was stupid of me. Thanks for all the pointers, though!