The M-Spot For General discussion of the M35/M45

M35 Sport vs. G35 Sedan Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bro, I'm dying for this car but it's just too expensive for me at this time. I was bargaining with them like crazy, and the Sales manager was persian so he said he was really hooking me up, but I dunno if that's true. He said the best he could do is...

On a 39 month lease, 12k miles a year...Journey, Sport, Tech, and Aero

1,000 down $650 a month.

Then he started to upsell me on an m45...

2,000 down $650 a month, but on a 24 month lease instead.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think hes pulling your leg w/ the 35. the 45 does sound like a better deal too. i think you can pull him to 1500 down. come with the check in hand, say this is the deal take it or leave it... then walk out. im sure hell want you coming back

Old 04-04-2006, 04:32 AM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He said the 45 he was giving me below invoice...about a thousand under.

It doesn't really matter, 650 a month is way too high for me. I'd rather spend my money on other bullshet than my car.

Probably going to get a bonestock G coupe with just sports package and then mod the hell out of it.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Bro, I'm dying for this car but it's just too expensive for me at this time. I was bargaining with them like crazy, and the Sales manager was persian so he said he was really hooking me up, but I dunno if that's true. He said the best he could do is...

On a 39 month lease, 12k miles a year...Journey, Sport, Tech, and Aero

1,000 down $650 a month.

Then he started to upsell me on an m45...

2,000 down $650 a month, but on a 24 month lease instead.
I had a quote for $1,500 OTD, $550/month, 15k/year with Journey, Sport, and Tech. If you really want the car, just go back to the dealer and say that you are ready to sign, but ONLY on your terms. Or, just pricematch dealers against each other. Get quotes in writing, and bounce them back and forth.

Old 04-17-2006, 04:15 PM
i'm not sure if that includes the tax. but now i'm at 630 a month including tax/2k down/36mon/15k a year.
you can pre buy miles 10cents a mile.
I have M35 Sport with tech, Jour, Aero.

I should have test driven the M45. but I didn't want to temp myself.

As for difference between the G35Sport and M35Sport, I drive both. Drive wise I like the G35 better. Better throttle response, heftier and snappier steering feeling.
As a car itself, M hands down beats G.
M35 by no means a snail though. puch the pedal and it accelerates. It seems to rev much faster too, prob due to more aggressive gearing.
If i was to do it again. I'll prob get the non-sport model.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Devilchrist
i'm not sure if that includes the tax. but now i'm at 630 a month including tax/2k down/36mon/15k a year.

As for difference between the G35Sport and M35Sport, I drive both. Drive wise I like the G35 better. Better throttle response, heftier and snappier steering feeling.
M35 by no means a snail though. puch the pedal and it accelerates. It seems to rev much faster too, prob due to more aggressive gearing.
With the price of gas reaching for the sky these days, and the prospects of even higher prices this year, you're better off with the V6....

I'm very happy with my M too.....It's one fine ride and I wouldn't trade it for anything.....but by all accounts so far, the new G-Sedan is a treat too and well worth considering.

C.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Get the 45 and mod the hell out of it !!
but well, I agree that 650 a month isn't cheap

Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Very cool thread!

DevilChrist...I'm replying to your post because, if you don't mind, I'm hoping you'll expand as to why you'd get the non sport model if you were to do it again...

With the new 07 G35 sedan being unveiled I'm actually putting it in as a contender...I've been watching M boards and learning about features and gauging customer satisfaction. I'd pretty much decided on an M45 non sport model until this G35 came out. I really don't need the size/weight of the M and am interested in handling, ride quality and freeway cruising. I also want a quiet cabin as I'm on the bluetooth headset a lot. I'd get the M45 over the M35 because by many accounts I've heard it's quieter and the power delivery is smooth and addicting.

MPG isn't a huge issue for me but range is. I drive a fair amount and don't want to visit a gas station every 2 to 3 days. I'd like to have a longer range from a tank of gas. This new G35 sedan is really appealing, I like the idea of touch screen NAV as I really love my little Garmin model I'm using now. Hoping the interface of the new touchscreen G35 navi is similar.

I've driven many a G35 sedan as a loaner over the years and always enjoy driving it, it's a fun car with a useable back seat and enough trunk space. I do need to throw my golf clubs in the trunk once in a while and I'm hopeful the G35's trunk is large enough to readily accomodate.

So I need to test drive both an M45 and 07 G35 sedan...good fun ahead of me! I don't plan on buying until the end of the year so it will be an '07 MY car I'm getting...still slightly leaning towards the M but the G35 looks great, interior nicely upgraded and it is certainly enough car for me...now I just need to decide if I want to absolutely spoil myself and just get the M45...decisions decisions....

Old 04-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Man, Im loving the look of the M. I think thats the direction Im going to go in a few months. Maybe even the M45

Old 04-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Why I would choose none sport over the sport? well because Sport model seems to have the common problem across the board: freeway wondering. I dont' like it because it is a serious problem. Not just little bit of wondering, CONSTANT wondering. I'm fighting to keep the car straight. that I do not like.
This problem that seems non-existant on the non-sport models. It could be due to many factors such as 19" wheels and rear-wheel-steering. But one thing is for sure. none-sport handles almost as well as the sport models, and you get more plusher ride. If you want a stiffer ride then you could alwasy get springs.

IMO something in the suspension is just not right. I think on the M45 it's better because stiffer frame? Infiniti had to have beefed up the frame for the heavier engine and that could have addressed the wondering issue a bit?
Not sure what it is. But It is a problem that needs to be addressed. The wondering problem dissapears when turning. it's only present when trying to go straight on the freeway.

But one advice. Test drive the car on the rough surface if you can at freeway speeds.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
forgot to add that if you're looking at 07, you should look really good at the G35. They are starting to look really similar and interior looks really sharp on the G35 too. Touch screen is a plus but I thought nothing was confirmed on the touch screen?

Old 04-27-2006, 09:59 PM
O.F. Administrator
Why I would choose none sport over the sport? well because Sport model seems to have the common problem across the board: freeway wondering. I dont' like it because it is a serious problem. Not just little bit of wondering, CONSTANT wondering. I'm fighting to keep the car straight. that I do not like.
This problem that seems non-existant on the non-sport models. It could be due to many factors such as 19" wheels and rear-wheel-steering. But one thing is for sure. none-sport handles almost as well as the sport models, and you get more plusher ride. If you want a stiffer ride then you could alwasy get springs.

IMO something in the suspension is just not right. I think on the M45 it's better because stiffer frame? Infiniti had to have beefed up the frame for the heavier engine and that could have addressed the wondering issue a bit?
Not sure what it is. But It is a problem that needs to be addressed. The wondering problem dissapears when turning. it's only present when trying to go straight on the freeway.

But one advice. Test drive the car on the rough surface if you can at freeway speeds.
Sorry to hear of your "wandering" issue on your sport M.
My sport doesn't exhibit this wandering at all, moreover, I've not heard of that being a problem from the many sport owners at F/A forum.

Sounds to me like you need a visit to the dealer to get your suspension sorted out.
As I said b4, mine drives like a dream.....staight and true, without wander, and this typifies the performance of the M-sport models.

G/L with your repairs.
Colin

Last edited by Msedanman; 04-27-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Yep, will be looking at an '07 G35 too...

forgot to add that if you're looking at 07, you should look really good at the G35. They are starting to look really similar and interior looks really sharp on the G35 too. Touch screen is a plus but I thought nothing was confirmed on the touch screen?

I'll be looking at both the M and the G35 late this year when I look to get a new car. My I30 has served faithfully for many years/miles and I will probably keep that as well. The new G looks real interesting to me, probably big enough car for my needs although that back seat looks a bit tight. I don't usually have back seat passengers so not that huge a concern. As long as the trunk is a reasonable size I may seriously look at the G. I've had my mind set on an M however...we'll see how it plays out. Leaning heavily towards Non Sport for a while due to my perception (until I drive them) based on the boards of a more comfortable ride and slightly quieter cabin. Handling will be plenty good enough for me on the non-sport (I don't believe I'll be settling too much on the handling issue).

Also think a touch screen nav would be cool...

Last edited by oman9; 04-30-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:10 AM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by oman9
I'll be looking at both the M and the G35 late this year when I look to get a new car. My I30 has served faithfully for many years/miles and I will probably keep that as well. The new G looks real interesting to me, probably big enough car for my needs although that back seat looks a bit tight. I don't usually have back seat passengers so not that huge a concern. As long as the trunk is a reasonable size I may seriously look at the G. I've had my mind set on an M however...we'll see how it plays out. Leaning heavily towards Non Sport for a while due to my perception (until I drive them) based on the boards of a more comfortable ride and slightly quieter cabin. Handling will be plenty good enough for me on the non-sport (I don't believe I'll be settling too much on the handling issue).

Also think a touch screen nav would be cool...

Agreed. and voice command is cool too.

C.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Wandering car?

Why I would choose none sport over the sport? well because Sport model seems to have the common problem across the board: freeway wondering.
I'm not really up on the M and any issues it may have. This may sound like a stupid question, but have you checked your tire inflation? Any car will exhibit this problem if the tires are extremely under/over inflated. I usually run 2-3 lbs over what's on the sticker and no more. I would find it hard to believe that Infiniti or any car manufacturer would put a car on the road with that severe a problem.

Wider tires can also be more prone to this, but usually if the pavement is not flat and smooth. Like roads that have lumps in the middle of the lane due to heavy truck traffic.

Just a thought.

Last edited by 04NismoV35; 05-01-2006 at 08:24 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M35 Sport vs. G35 Sedan Sport