new wheels on the new G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by visibiliti
its not that just because you did something different that people don't like it...

...its just that you went all chrome, and all chrome is not in style anymore, :especially: on our coupe G35's.... (in other words, i think it would be easier to pull off an all chrome look these days if you had a sedan and went for VIP)

*shrug*

who gives a rats *** whats in style

if the man like chrome let him have his chrome, thats the problem with this board everyone is on everyones nuts because they have work or volks ...get the hell over it

and the moment someone does something different "oh it doesnt look good"

gtfo

wheels like tight man keep reppin hard for the ATL

Old 10-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by pghG35
What dont you understand?
your dumb *** statement

Old 10-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by btstone84
Sorry Guys. dont do Volk or any other Japanese wheel. those are for Ricers. i like classic style wheels. Im not a ricer. Keep the racism to a minimum. really doesnt look good on your character

Volks for ricers? You might as well put spinners on. BLING BLING..

Old 10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Guys, no reason to be upset. Its ok to be ricey. I am not. My style shows it. Volk Racing has a ricey style. Why do you think most civics and japanese cars put them on their car. You dont see many Vipers, Corvettes, Ferraris, Lamborghini, or any other realy sporty cars with them. its a ricey thing. Nothing wrong with it and no judgement past. Some look good if done right. but it is just what the mass crowd goes with and when someone goes different no one ever likes it.
And we see a lot of Vipers, Corvettes, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and other real sporty cars with Zenetti Legends?

Originally Posted by ernie18
who gives a rats *** whats in style

if the man like chrome let him have his chrome, thats the problem with this board everyone is on everyones nuts because they have work or volks ...get the hell over it

and the moment someone does something different "oh it doesnt look good"

gtfo

wheels like tight man keep reppin hard for the ATL

-----

In all seriousness, opinions are fine. But let's keep it at that, folks. Please refrain from name calling and all other sorts of pure bashing.

Last edited by Calvin; 10-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Im not racing it (have another car for that). no performace mods. why cant chrome work. i didnt want a race car look

well not to be mean, but i have OEM INFINITI Chromes on my G- six spoke, its just too much to myeyes , with all the details compared to how simple mine are.

I think these are it , but in chrome

http://www.autopartsfair.com/infinit...item-2022.html

again no effense

Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=Calvin]And we see a lot of Vipers, Corvettes, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and other real sporty cars with Zenetti Legends? QUOTE]

I never claimed to see them. but i was making a point because someone said that Volk wheels are done on sport cars. Dont twist my words

Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
your dumb *** statement

haha getting mad are ya?..what was so dumb about my statement..I only speak the truth bro...

Old 10-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
not a big fan of chrome on our g's. I think they would look better in like a brushed silver or black. but if you like it go with it.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Sorry Guys. dont do Volk or any other Japanese wheel. those are for Ricers. i like classic style wheels. Im not a ricer. Keep the racism to a minimum. really doesnt look good on your character
What's wrong with putting Japanese brand wheels on a Japanese brand car?

If Japanese wheels are rice, then are our Japanese cars rice?

Okay, you call people racist for referring to your wheels as "homie" wheels, but it's okay for you to call Volks and other Japanese wheels "ricey/ricer"?

I never claimed to see them. but i was making a point because someone said that Volk wheels are done on sport cars. Dont twist my words
Prior to the post where you said " You dont see many Vipers, Corvettes, Ferraris, Lamborghini, or any other realy sporty cars with them" (#11), no one ever said that Volk wheels are done on sport cars. I'm not twisting any of your words. You're now trying to justify your post, but there's no evidence that supports it. Go figure. Below is listed every post prior your post (#11). No one ever claimed that Volk wheels are done on sport cars.

Originally Posted by CMANUDMAN
I have the same color car, I'm wondering if you considered going with black rims instead of the sliver?
Originally Posted by DRG35R
like this? I agree. not feeling the chrome on a G.
Originally Posted by Boston
^ Really, you think so?
Originally Posted by SIR NUPE A LOT
Not feeling them, chrome doesn't look good on every car. Also just because the wheel is made in Japan, doesn't make it ricer. Likewise, just because your wheels are chrome, doesn't make them classic...or classy.
Originally Posted by pghG35
lol! ure rims look more ricer then volks ..sry
Originally Posted by fstrthnlfe00
Yes... because $2500+ wheels are completely ricer. That was the dumbest, most uneducated statement I have heard yet. To each their own but don't come in and post a comment like that. It was a blanket statement that you included Volk Racing in, one of the most respected wheel companies around. I'm not so sure you know what rice is, my friend.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:42 PM
wow where have i been... i missed all the fun.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
wheels look uglier then the dump i just took!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Chrome wheels on a Coupe G... Not going to say its tasteless but not my cup of tea... Too gangsta wanna be look alike and the colors clash. If the car was black it might work a little better but not with the current car color; however if you like the look and are completely happy with the bling then it totally doesn't matter what the other g-drivers think.
After all it is you who will look @ the car and drive it on regular basis so it is completely a matter of taste really.

My opinion is if you want to keep the chrome better drop it and tint the car or just color the wheels gunmetal. The car color along with gunmetal rims looks really good.

Just my two cents.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:56 PM
rims are nice, but for those wheels to look good the car needs to be slammed!!

Im talking VIP status... thats the only way chrome looks good on a G.

Right now it reminds of a 80's chevy with 24s....

Coilover that ****!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dude, this is where you went wrong. This was the 1st racist remark on this thread.

If you like the chrome wheels on your G, good for you. It's your car. Don't bash the guys who likes JDM though. Unfortunately, most G drivers on this thread likes the Japanese heritage of the car. Thus the love for JDM wheels.

Ricers do not have Volks on their cars, they have copies of Volks made somewhere in China. Volks are used on sports car, hence the GT-R.

Do you know that Corvette wheels are made in Taiwan?

Old 10-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's see who snaps first before the lock though I think this thread has some more life to it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new wheels on the new G