Favorite Mod Since I Started Modding Cars: Painted My Roof Black!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Favorite Mod Since I Started Modding Cars: Painted My Roof Black!

Since I started modding my first 1998 Honda Accord this has to have been my favorite mod of all time, just because it looks so damn clean and really sets off the looks of the G35, IMO. With the black grill and the black rear valence paying $295 to get my shop to paint my roof black really made all of the difference in the world. I can't stop looking at the damn car!

I used to think diamond graphite was going to be a tough color to get to stand out because in a way it blends almost everything. But holy sh-t does it look clean with some tasteful mods!

And I know I'm dropping it next week! Tein H-Tech springs for the 350Z and I'm doing the rear springmount mod, too. This weekend I'm probably going to take off the "I N F I N I T I" emblem from the trunklid to just leave the Infiniti badge, hopefully will look cleaner.

Still undecided on the rear splash guards! I really like them in some pics but in others I feel like they're somewhat out of place, I'm not sure why. Opinions? Leave them on or take them off?

Rear valence + black grill + black roof are absolutely 3 mods that will stay with the car permanently until I get rid of it.

Last edited by M.J.H.; 12-19-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
please take better pics next time
but looks good bro
id leave the rear splash guards..i cant tell if you have front splash guards..if you dont id get some ..

Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
please take better pics next time
but looks good bro
id leave the rear splash guards..i cant tell if you have front splash guards..if you dont id get some ..
Yeah I know I need better pics these were just a few I snapped real quick, but the thing is I absolutely hate the front splash guards I think they look completely out of place. The rear I feel like look almost like a rear bodykit in a way because the line up with the side skirts in terms of distance from the ground.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Black Painted Roof....!

Nice....even with the quality of your pic I can tell painting the roof is a far
better idea than glueing the carbon fiber caps on....no waves or unfinished
edges....again NICE!
Gary

Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 AM
looks good man! take care of that car!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:46 AM
+1 on better pics

cant even tell whats going on

Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
nice nice, but debadge all the way dont leave the mt fuji emblem, imo its kinda ugly dat way

Old 12-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looks great. ive wanted to do that for the longest time, but never got around to it.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
nice, but why did you paint it? why not get a black vinyl overlay and that way if you change your mind or want to sell car you can just remove it.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by eurodre
nice nice, but debadge all the way dont leave the mt fuji emblem, imo its kinda ugly dat way
Really? Hmm I honestly am on the fence as to whether or not I should remove the "I N F I N I T I" as people who are not into car modding just think it looks cheap / ghetto. I always consider what the non-car modder would think about whatever mods I'm doing, lol.

But thanks for the comments and next will be the H-Tech springs and the MREV2 manifold.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by M.J.H.
Really? Hmm I honestly am on the fence as to whether or not I should remove the "I N F I N I T I" as people who are not into car modding just think it looks cheap / ghetto. I always consider what the non-car modder would think about whatever mods I'm doing, lol.

But thanks for the comments and next will be the H-Tech springs and the MREV2 manifold.
I left the emblem on and removed the g35 and infiniti. Who gives a fvuck what people who are not into car modding think. do they pay your car note?, insurance?, do they have a car that matches up to the g35?, didnt think so I say do what you want to do and make decisions based on how you like it, dont always follow the crowd bro.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Dominicanpapi
I left the emblem on and removed the g35 and infiniti. Who gives a fvuck what people who are not into car modding think. do they pay your car note?, insurance?, do they have a car that matches up to the g35?, didnt think so I say do what you want to do and make decisions based on how you like it, dont always follow the crowd bro.
Oh no, I agree 100%, I'm just saying. I love how it looks without the "G35" emblem so I am pretty much content with how it looks right now. I have considered removing the "I N F I N I T I" but I don't want the car to LOOK modded if this makes sense. Can't stand kids trying to race me in RSX's, etc.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by M.J.H.

well i understand that you are thinking what others will think, but ultimately its your car, so if people aren't into modding tell you that it looks ghetto, then dont worry about it, they dont know what they are talking about, as long as you keep the modding within reasonable lines then you're fine

Old 12-19-2008, 05:35 PM
How did you go about painting your grill? All the shops around here have said the grill cannot be painted and last long because of the finish that comes stock.

BTW, car looks great.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by SixOneFive
How did you go about painting your grill? All the shops around here have said the grill cannot be painted and last long because of the finish that comes stock.

BTW, car looks great.
Used PlastiDip paint that basically puts a rubber coating on the grill. Sand heavily for a couple hours, and use PlastiDip, and most guys on Audi forums will tell you it's good for the life of the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Favorite Mod Since I Started Modding Cars: Painted My Roof Black!