From Black to Matte White (Big pics, no thumbnails :S)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by wonton1017
Thx

Holding up perfectly fine, just that rock chips are more obvious because the paint underneath is black. Some wrinkles here and there, but I bought my own heat gun and adhesives to seal those wrinkles back up.

Btw, the plastidip looks much better than expected! you did a great job.

Thanks, I get alot people asking me how do I wash it's..., I just take it to a car wash and spray soap & water NO scrubbing , 1 thing I did notice is that the matte white is very brite

Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
any idea of the expected life of a wrap?... not for something that sitts in the gararge but more of a daily driver?

Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by extremetoy
any idea of the expected life of a wrap?... not for something that sitts in the gararge but more of a daily driver?
This is a daily driven car, it's been almost a year and it's in the same condition. The weather sucks here and it still holds up perfectly. It gets parked outside in the hot sun or pouring rain when I am at school or work.

Haven't washed the car with soap for over 2 months now since it's raining every day. All i do is use a garden hose and spray it down once every 2-3 weeks and it looks pretty clean. Some water marks here and there but using a magic eraser just takes it all off easily.

Got hit by a few careless drivers with their doors in parking lots, leaves a light scratch but even those can be cleaned up easily with a magic eraser - gets rid of at least 90% of it, usually 100% of it.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
I love the white vinyl wrap/plastidip, Seems like such low maintenence I wish I had a black car so I had a reason to do it lol. Too bad my car is already IP or else I would go to town on it!!