My 2003 coupe so far!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by driftsucky
I would really prefer a stock look to what you've done. There's a thread about painted stock wheels so I don't see the "different" there. I'm sure you've seen 3quarters of a million and a half cars with Painted calipers as opposed to an actual big brake upgrade. You're consistent with the lugs and cap so that's a plus I suppose. You said you didn't want to look like a poser but you wrapped your hood in carbon fiber. Carbon Fiber is used a lighter alternative to reduce weight. Soooooooooo...and Nismo is a PERFORMANCE division of Nissan. So, the 350GT would've been far more accurate in this situation. The light covers are a rarety so I you did well there?

I guess I would've liked it more if you had said "I'm just trying to put a little flair on my car on a budget. I like it. What are your thoughts?" The whole "I didn't want to look like every other car" line when you do what MOST low budget builds do is the same as "I would lower my car but I live in a construction zone" argument when the person who is 1" off the ground lives 10 minutes from you. Do what you like to YOUR car homie. It's YOUR car. If your budget doesn't allow for top shelf Ramon, don't get top shelf ramon. But don't make an excuse for it. Just let be THAT.

All that said, the single exhaust is pretty cool. I haven't seen too many on G's and I've actually tossed that idea around myself a few times. I like your performance mods. Simple, yet what you've done is effective for our platform. Kudos on that. The grill isn't horrible. Debadging is nice to add to a clean look. Here's the thing. If you debadge to add to a clean exterior, why clutter it up with a painted STOCK wheels, light covers, and carbon fiber wrap? I think it goes in the wrong direction. If that's what you like, keep it. But, I don't think any of that ADDS to your car. The exhaust, the grill, and the debadge would've been where I stopped until I saved up for wheels and suspension. If you like the stock look, go with our 19" counterpart and Eibach sportline drop. That's a budget way to create a clean new look for your car while keeping the OEM savvy and still having some individuallity. Want aftermarket wheels, look at Varrstoen or VMR or something like that. Still keeps the cost down but adds some umph to your car. Just some suggestions.

some of my thoughts exactly, i did the WHOLE JDM conversion from INFINITI to Nissan. I wouldnt say im a poser, but thats a whole nother discussion on wether JDM badging is rice or not, but i again, i wouldnt put a NISMO badge on my car till i put atleast 3 MAJOR performance mods, i just i wish had enough money for the s tune suspension, rear diff cover and CF CAI oo and LMGT4 wheels

The following users liked this post:
unique G (12-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driftsucky thanks so much for your feedback! and in a bit i would love to get volk rims i know just painting stuff gives it a **** look but i just didn't have the money for stuff currently and plan on getting some volks here shortly!

Old 12-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jutn35 yeah that is the same with me didn't realize the controversy with the gismo badge and took it off until i can afford the other parts its just the nismo diffuser and suspension is quite pricey!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
Here's my PERSONAL opinion on "JDM". First and foremost, if you're doing it to be trendy, I'm not a fan.

Now, it's time to date myself. I remember when JDM started (and Super Street magazine had a big hand in pushing that craze..same as Fatlace with the no fake wheel/stance movement). JDM themed cars began clean...VERY clean. They had an OEM+ look to them. And, if you were a fan of it, it was cool to see some of the whimsicle trinkets you could get or 1up your buddy on. Yeah, it was corny at times ( I mean, Mugen resevoir warmers were nothing more than wristbands with a logo but it was so pimp to have'em), but it wasn't out of control. And some stuff was VERY rare and expensive so it added validity. RJ DeVera had put together a Yellow Civic Hatchback with what I think was either a VIS or Erebuni kit. It got the cover of Super Street (which was the tuner bible back in the late 90's early 00's). It was loud, gaudy, and over the top. It was cool to look at worked at the time. THAT car had quite a few choice JDM Honda accessories to go with all of its flair and THAT'S when "JDM" got a negative rice conentation (Japan makes were always called rice, but it didn't really mean a bad thing in the tuner community until after the bodykit fiasco of 2002). After that, F&F hit and it hasn't been the same since.

TRUE JDM is still clean and well done. Not as rare or as hard to obtain as it once was (we couldn't just go on ebay japan and click or paychecks away...lol). In and of itself, I don't think JDM badging on a Japanese car is rice (in a negative way). But, I'd like to see more than just stick on appliques. Get a nissan air bag cover or 350GT seats or Skyline battery cover or something. But, that's just me. I've tossed around getting Skyline 350GT seats. I still may do it at one point. I'm debadged now and I've considered doing all Nissan badges. Only reason I haven't is because I don't have any other JDM stuff. I have a Grip Royal steering wheel so a Nissan airbag cover is pointless. I already have nav (factory) and I can't see paying for a JDM conversion just for it to say Nissan when I turn it on. Who knows. My car is still in the early stages. But, just my long and drawn out $.02

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would have left it with the dual exhaust and installed a magnaflow x-pipe, then glossed you're rims as well as the rest of the what I am guessing is plasti dip. Dip/gloss the diffuser, leave it debadged on the back(how u have it), keep tail lights without tint overlay to match better with the red calipers and then leave the hood DG color. Then get clear corners or whichever you like and then put 5k-6k HID's and LED's in the interior and exterior. Talking about the front lip, having to get them painted + purchase is not all that expensive maybe a coupe hundred, but make sure you install it correctly, i.e.. double sided tape along with proper bolts. Good mod list so far though, hope you take my advice.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Junkanoo
I would have left it with the dual exhaust and installed a magnaflow x-pipe, then glossed you're rims as well as the rest of the what I am guessing is plasti dip. Dip/gloss the diffuser, leave it debadged on the back(how u have it), keep tail lights without tint overlay to match better with the red calipers and then leave the hood DG color. Then get clear corners or whichever you like and then put 5k-6k HID's and LED's in the interior and exterior. Talking about the front lip, having to get them painted + purchase is not all that expensive maybe a coupe hundred, but make sure you install it correctly, i.e.. double sided tape along with proper bolts. Good mod list so far though, hope you take my advice.
+1. This is actually a SOLID mod list with some QUALITY yet budgeted items.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:10 PM
^^ Thanks dude, its similar to my set up lol.

My 2003 coupe so far!!!-4444-garage.jpg

I have a DG coupe so figured I share.
If anyone is curious about prices I paid or anything else just PM me.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by driftsucky
Here's my PERSONAL opinion on "JDM". First and foremost, if you're doing it to be trendy, I'm not a fan.

Now, it's time to date myself. I remember when JDM started (and Super Street magazine had a big hand in pushing that craze..same as Fatlace with the no fake wheel/stance movement). JDM themed cars began clean...VERY clean. They had an OEM+ look to them. And, if you were a fan of it, it was cool to see some of the whimsicle trinkets you could get or 1up your buddy on. Yeah, it was corny at times ( I mean, Mugen resevoir warmers were nothing more than wristbands with a logo but it was so pimp to have'em), but it wasn't out of control. And some stuff was VERY rare and expensive so it added validity. RJ DeVera had put together a Yellow Civic Hatchback with what I think was either a VIS or Erebuni kit. It got the cover of Super Street (which was the tuner bible back in the late 90's early 00's). It was loud, gaudy, and over the top. It was cool to look at worked at the time. THAT car had quite a few choice JDM Honda accessories to go with all of its flair and THAT'S when "JDM" got a negative rice conentation (Japan makes were always called rice, but it didn't really mean a bad thing in the tuner community until after the bodykit fiasco of 2002). After that, F&F hit and it hasn't been the same since.

TRUE JDM is still clean and well done. Not as rare or as hard to obtain as it once was (we couldn't just go on ebay japan and click or paychecks away...lol). In and of itself, I don't think JDM badging on a Japanese car is rice (in a negative way). But, I'd like to see more than just stick on appliques. Get a nissan air bag cover or 350GT seats or Skyline battery cover or something. But, that's just me. I've tossed around getting Skyline 350GT seats. I still may do it at one point. I'm debadged now and I've considered doing all Nissan badges. Only reason I haven't is because I don't have any other JDM stuff. I have a Grip Royal steering wheel so a Nissan airbag cover is pointless. I already have nav (factory) and I can't see paying for a JDM conversion just for it to say Nissan when I turn it on. Who knows. My car is still in the early stages. But, just my long and drawn out $.02

agreed, if youre gonna do the JDM conversion , do it cleanly to spec and all the way (no infiniti, nissan badges, one or the other). The only thing i have left is the clock, and seats, But im not gonna spend the money to get RHD, thats just ridiculous , i might as well ship a 350gt from japan. but when people ask if my car is imported from japan, I tell them yes, im not lying, bc all G35s are imported from Tochigi Japan. Its in the context of the question. but i dont care what people say, its my car, but to the OP, dont feel bad when we bash, its somewhat tough love, but to some extent we all have the same ideals as one another.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 AM
looks pretty good.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His hood isn't carbon fiber wrapped? It's just black? Least that's what it looks to me.

Nice car.

I'll go all out ricer and put a universal spoiler on my car if I feel that's what looks good to me, cause that's all that really matters, rice or not. Still got the same power under the hood as 95% of the other G's.

Last edited by Muney2bmade; 12-06-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Muney2bmade
His hood isn't carbon fiber wrapped? It's just black? Least that's what it looks to me.

Nice car.

I'll go all out ricer and put a universal spoiler on my car if I feel that's what looks good to me, cause that's all that really matters, rice or not. Still got the same power under the hood as 95% of the other G's.
Your already full ricer with those ebay lights you put on your front bumper

Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Received 172 Likes on 135 Posts

Nice car.

My 2003 coupe so far!!!-9nops.gif

Old 12-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Th3R3dStar323
for duhhh lulzzzz

Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 AM
...I'll go all out ricer and put a universal spoiler on my car if I feel that's what looks good to me, cause that's all that really matters, rice or not. Still got the same power under the hood as 95% of the other G's.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Illuminati
Your already full ricer with those ebay lights you put on your front bumper
Amazon* lol. Which was why I mentioned, "I would go all out ricer if it looked good to me"

Every1 I've approached seems to love them.

Was looking at this spoiler tho.

http://www.carid.com/universal-spoil...r-3345927.html

that alone on my car >

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2003 coupe so far!!!