Vasiliy D's Static coupe build thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Vasiliy D's Static coupe build thread!

Well to start this builld thread off ill introduce myself. My names Vasiliy. Im from the Ukraine but ive been here in the United States for 12 years now. I bought my G as a present to myself for my 18th birthday. This is my 3rd car. Started with a 98 eclipse, then moved onto a 99 lexus sc300. Then about a week before i turned 18 i bought the G for myself. Now im 19 and the build is coming up on almost 2 years! Ive got plenty of pics of my build process and theres plenty more to come! Probably gonna be a really long thread

But heres pictures of the day i drove her home! Now the car was about 3-4 different colors when i picked it up. (was crashed before i bought it)

First thing i do when i buy a car is tear apart the interior to fully clean it! (never know with previous owners )

All done! and put together

Now after about 3-4 months i decided it was finally time to repaint the car due to all the different colors on it and the clear on the roof was starting to go too. With the help of my brother we knocked out all the body work and prep ourselves.

I rolled and pulled my fenders and quarter panels knowing i was going to be doing a stance build i figured it would be better to do it now.

All ready for primer!

Primed, now for the wet sanding...

And finally being taped off and last prep before it gets sprayed. Now i dont trust myself with painting so i paid a professional painter to spray it in the booth.

WET!

Also the car had already come with the 06-07 headlights so i was in luck with that

Now i wanted to get the grille painted black, not a fan of the plastidipped grille look so had mine painted a sealer black, and then clear coated and threw some flakes into the clear with it!

Next i found someone selling a z tube so i purchased that and fitted it with a k&n cone filter! Sounded much better for my liking!

To start out with i was doing very small mods to get it better to my liking before anything serious, so with the help of a friend we plastidipped the "diffuser" peice on the stock bumper. And of course clear side markers

Now for the fun stuff! I was looking into suspension and was really debating between Stance SS coilovers and BC. I chose Stance SS after seeing some reveiws and was told that Stance SS coilovers would go lower than BC. Got some wheels which i honestly do regret getting but i rushed it and bought these 20" TSW's. And test fitted. 20x9 all around wasnt right at all for the G. Then got my tires in! ran 225/35/20 on them.

Spacers came in and i had everything sitting in the garage ready to go!

Now i was heading out for a little trip to miami (3 hour drive) and after about an hour on the highway i lost my passanger side pillar. Just flew off as i was going around a bend on the highway.

So i purchased a used pillar and dropped it off at the shop to get it repainted, while they were doing that we took the G to the shop and got started on installing everything!

Tires mounted (baby stretch) and adjusting the coils for the right height

And done! still not digging the wheels but they wont be sticking around for long

Ordered in a Gialla front lip. Was painted indoors and cured in the booth. Was just put outside for me to pick up after...

Now like i said the TSW's werent staying. About 2 months later i was on the look for new wheels. And happened to run into a set of style 95s (bmw 7 series wheels) 19x9 19x10. Much better suited for the G. Still wish they were wider but good enough for now..

Went ahead and dropped them off at the shop to be refinished in starfire pearl white! While they did that i ordered in new tires to get a good stretch to fit it in with the adapters that i was gonna use to mount the wheels.

Tires mounted and home they come with me

Next day got the car washed and went out with a friend to get some cleaner shots of the setup

Now i was ready to get this fresh paint looking better. Went out, got some sand paper and started wet sanding the whole car. This process took me a total of 45 hours. Fully wet sanded and buffed the paint was looking perfect! And it was done right on time for the PerfectStance feature shot by Denis Podmarkov. Which can be found right here ------> http://perfectstance.us/portfolio/vasiliy-g35/

Got some VMS lug nuts in and had some custom made center caps made for the style 95s!

Some of my favorite shots from the shoot!

Alright now i was able to get my hands on a fiberglass box molded to fit in the corner of the coupes trunk! that with a 500 watt JL amp and a 10" Rockford Fosgate P3 sub! For my liking its the perfect setup, just the right amount of bass and doesnt rattle everything in the car.

And of course i needed an exhuast! When i first got the car i put an ebay HKS rep exhaust on and took it off about an hour after. Hated the raspyness. Finally after alot of searching i figured out exactly what i wanted. Went with a mufller delete and some burnt tips!

Now i was ready for my next show! Im from SWFL so usually i have to drive out 3+ hours for any good shows. This one was in miami.... And of course before hitting the highway the G gets all taped up and ready

And we made it there in one peice! no more flying car parts on the highway

The show went great! And i set my mind on whats happening next to the G. Time to mess with the interior... Out came the dashboard peeled off the old leather, which had a few cracks in it as most already do

With the help of a friend we wrapped the dashboard in grey suede and the interior pillars too!

And know to put it all back

Looks great! Im pleased with it. Took a total of 12 hours from removal to all reinstalled

I plan to do the whole interior with this stuff. and def wanna throw some black leather into it so its not overkilled with suede...

Headliner came next! biggest peice to wrap but wasnt all that hard

Took a little pause with the interior work and started prepping to go to another show closer to me, Cars and Beaches! But of course something always happens right before a show, that Pirelli blew this is 2 days before the show... soooo i call up my tire shop and lucky me they got me tires next day!

And rode out next morning to enjoy the show!

Last edited by Vasiliy; 02-17-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice build so far. Sub'd

Last edited by brycealbr; 02-17-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:38 PM
!!

Sometime after the show i decided to pick back up on the interior. The interior was done in a span of 3 months. Peice by peice it was getting there though. Started using an interior dye paint for the plastic peices and it was looking good!

Now i was lucky enough and got original black g35 seats, black steering wheel and airbag, black carpet, black door panels and rear panels and black seatbelts! Those were the biggest peices for getting the interior finished! But wrapped the front and rear panels up

Then had the armrest stitched suede on the sides, added extra padding on the top and threw the black leather over it

And finally the interior was all finished

Now the build has been going on a little over a year and with the interior finished i was ready for a new set of wheels... The style 95s were great but it is an overplayed wheel and i was ready for something different. After some looking and help from friends i decided what i was getting! Found a buyer for the style 95s. Ordered him some new tires since the front were shot and took off the wheels. Went back on stocks for a few weeks while the new wheels were on their way

SOOOOOOOOOOO wheels came in! I had ordered the tires for the wheels a few days before the wheels were scheduled to come in so the tire shop was ready to mount the tires the same day! I got the Klutch Km20's. 19x10 all around and had to run some spacers to get that perfect fitment Oh and stretched some 235/35 achilles on there

Had to get some new lug nuts to go with the wheels and these volks were perfect!

And of course something would go wrong now haha motors for the radiator fans went out and it started overheating Got those replaced ASAP

Now that the project was coming together i was ready to show it again on the new wheels! Car goes in for some prep and touch up before heading out to Miami for Nurotags Homecoming show! Made it there alright and then had a photoshoot setup after the show with Jay Scarlett shooting for PerfectStance

Now i was once told "In this world, we cant have nice things" anything that looks nice will be ruined or something will happen to it... and thats exactly what happened about a month and half after the show.. I was driving home from a long work day,it was probably 11 pm or so and i was driving along side another car, somehow i managed to miss the fact that there was a dead boar/hog in the road and by the time i saw it i crashed into it. Now the damage wasnt terrible but nothing i was hoping for. The front lip was ripped into 3 peices, the bumper got ripped off, cracked the radiator support and busted the radiator. Car started overheating. The car is too low to make it on a flatbed/dolly and the part of town this happened in i was not about to leave my car there overnight. So we got a truck, some rope, and had to tow it home.

It sucks this happened but it gave me a reason to finally order in a nismo bumper that ive always wanted...

Got it painted at the shop and its all ready to go on!

Everything on the car got repaired and installed 2 days before another show! Simply Clean 6 in Daytona Fl! Got everything taped up for the drive there and we were good to go! check out that Liberty Walk Wide Body tape job

Not even 2 hours in Daytona and we get pulled over trying to leave a parking garage... warning though so were good!

Next morning we were up and off to the show! Honestly best show of the year, def one you cant miss if youre in fl!

After the little trip to Simply Clean it was time for new tires was dealing with a tire shop that had ordered me the tires but couldnt locate them a week and half later and i wasnt about to be driving on those chords so had to go back to stocks and had a different shop order me tires!

After the new tires i was done showing the car and modding stopped as i had to deal with some priorities first. A few months passed and something had to happen again... Side mirror gets ripped off at a car wash, damaged the fender and scratched up my door... and then i had a little fender bender with a truck, bumper and both fenders went in for body work! Figured i might as well fix it and mess with the car a little more and attend another show

I kinda liked the no fenders/ no bumper look... but since the parts were ready i put them back on and decided to head out to Import Face Off in Bradenton Fl.. but something had to be tweaked before i went to the show...

With the help of a friend we dropped the front end another 2 inches! going for that #bagged look. Fender to lip

At this height the swaybar is barely an inch off the ground and actually hits reflectors on the road but we made it to IFO farely easily!

Right up until i park the car.... i go to straighten out my wheel and it grabs my fender and buckles it i guess its what i get for going this low

OH but were not done yet.... the rear had to be dropped too! fitment is perfect now!

The rear is getting some work done with a grinder

Finally sitting the way ive wanted it to! Very happy with the outcome but theres still lots more modifications i plan to do with the car, that is if i dont sell it.... Decisions decisions.... But had an awesome photoshoot with Skyelar Pifer after all the adjustments and then the pictures were used in a feature for Klutch Republik link ----> http://klutchrepublik.com/blog/klutc...0-infiniti-g35

Heres a shot from my most recent show i attended too! Eurotripper 3

And of course i buckled the other side too now hahaha still trying to figure out a way to either go wider fenders to prevent this or just more camber?

I had some mercedes mesh in the cutouts on the nismo bumper put in when the bumper was painted and being they were metal whenever my bumper flexed so did the metal. So soon enough the metal was all bent up and looked bad so i got this plastic honeycomb ordered in and installed it and it looks sooooo much better and holds better too!

Now for the new upgrade on the G! Really excited about this one as ive been wanting it for a while! Got a pretty good deal on this StopTech BBK. 2 peice 4 piston calipers all the way around with 2 peice 355mm rotors took off all the brake lines/pistons/seals etc so theyre ready for powder coating! Same with the rotors, dropped off for powder coating and now i wait!

While i wait i figured i might as well get some things ready, spent 3 hours polishing some brake lines but theyre looking like chrome now

Turn around time on these was great! Had them back after 2 days, assembled them all back together and was ready to mount them!

Mounting these was pretty easy, the brackets mounted to the original mounting points for the brakes and the calipers just mounted onto the brackets... nothing to it, but i did have to cut down the sheilds behind the rotors as the new rotors were way too big to clear those.

And here they are! The yellow pops from the blue very well and im very happy with the outcome!

Last edited by Vasiliy; 03-08-2015 at 08:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vasiliy:
Frankieg35 (03-25-2015), hdmark (03-17-2015)
Old 02-14-2015, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Neat you are smart to let someone else repaint. I am good up to the paint part...

Old 02-14-2015, 11:14 PM
Now i finally got the chance to mess with the bumper and get the fitment better. After a little bit of work with a dremel i got the fitment definetly better!

Now onto my next project! Spelled my last name wrong but okay

YES! Now as for the color i went with Brazilian Cherry. I realize only bagged cars normally have hardwood/laminate flooring in the trunk for a setup. But i look bagged and really love the look of it! This is gonna be a little bit of a process as ive never done this before but im also going to need to upgrade the lighting in the trunk...

Progress

Now previosly i had my amp just sitting on the floor but figured if im doing all this i might as well as mount it somewhere now. Had to redo the wiring as it wasnt long enough though.

Running some braided white rope around the edges for a cleaner look

And done! Got some LED lighting in so it looks much better! Love the Brazilian Cherry wood

SOOOO my bad luck strikes again! I mean bad luck/stiff suspension problems.... i guess its too stiff up front as i hit a little bump on my way to work one morning and my windsheild cracked.... Hopefully thats replaced soon and the front end goes back to the paint shop to fix those fenders and repaint the bumper and all probably next week.

HAH so i decided to have a look at my exhaust, who needs an exhaust anyways....

Now decided i wanted to add a little more to the sound system so installed these focal tweeters up front and in the back got some new focal speakers and tweeters as the oem blew out. Wasnt too bad of a project

After those were installed everything sounded great, decided it was time for me to take a little vacation away from FL. Booked my flight to PA to spend some time with a very good friend of mine.
But before i left i wanted to fix the bacon fenders and get the front end repainted as i had rock chips and such. Also wanted to get the windsheild replaced since it cracked.
So we started on the fenders. They were split so we decided for safety measures we'll pull the front fenders a little more and then welded it, grinded, and time for body work.

Had everything pretty much ready so i dropped off the car at the paint shop and flew out. Was only gone for 10 days but when i returned i was ready to put the car back together

Everything turned out great and i couldnt be happier with the car so glad the bacon fenders are done with

As soon as this was all done a chargespeed rear bumper came up for sale locally and i figured what better time to get one then now? Ive always loved the chargespeed rear bumpers just never got around to getting it

Started getting it prepped for paint and dropped it off at the shop after. Cant wait to see it on the G

Anddddd rear tire lost air and debeaded, its whatever though the rears were shot anyways, car goes back on jack stands till the new tires come in

Fresh rubber is always a great feeling! I am running a different tire brand now then my usual achilles but i dont like these too much, they look great but very hard tires

anddddd the rear bumper is painted! Excited to go ahead and finally put it on, fingers crossed that it doesnt sit too low that i cant drive

Picked a nice beautiful saturday morning to mount it up

This damn thing has started over heating but its weird as itll only start overheating after its been sitting for a while and i start it up. But if i floor it the temp drops right back down to normal. The thermostat was replaced with an oem one about a year ago. No external leaks i decided next was to see if i had air in the system. Sure enough i was able to bleed some of the air out. That lasted about 2 days and it started up again. Except this time when i went to tighten down the bleeder the valve actually broke. Found the problem, replaced the valve, bled the system and shes running perfect again

With show season approaching i wanted to finish up a few things and get this car ready for the next few months so i finally pushed myself to finish up the Brazilian Cherry wood in the trunk. Wanted to put some on the back of the seat where the amp was mounted

More car parts! A VIS carbon fiber trunk went up for sale locally and ive always wanted to go wingless or with a duck bill type spoiler. Well this was a carbon fiber duckbill trunk so i had to get it. Now with the trunk being about an hour away from my house my buddy gets the great idea that we should remove my trunk at home. Drive trunkless to get the new trunk. Bolt it on there and drive home with it. Me not thinking i agreed. About 20 minutes before getting to the location i see clouds and rain lucky enough we made it there and as soon as we bolted on the trunk and closed it, it started pouring rain. But heres what it looks like

Tore my passanger side rear inner axle boot which started to click pretty bad pretty quick haha. Pretty easy removal and installation though!

I guess time flys because its time for Cars and Beaches again!

And a pretty sick roller shot my buddy got after the show!

Next i got onto what ive wanted to do for awhile! Gloss black roof, 3m gloss metallic vinyl did the trick, installed it with the help of a few friends and then i installed some VIP puddle lights under the side skirts. It all came together pretty nicely and of course time for another photoshoot for some quality pictures of the progress

Last edited by Vasiliy; 09-20-2015 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:33 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Great progress so far! Lakeshore slate is a unique color for the G so I can understand why you kept it that color, but given the fact that you were repainting the entire car you could've chosen any color! Not to say it doesn't look good. It looks very clean

Old 02-15-2015, 12:05 AM
NOW onto something thats been on the back of my mind for a bit... Camber... Ive gotten too used to my setup so it was time to do something... SPC camber arms and Voddoo 13 toe arms made this possible. Anddd i was just accepted into CamberGangs show this season so i figured id play the role haha

The arms are fairly easy to install. Now measurements for the right amount of camber to get these wheels to sit right took more time. Not only that but when you add camber your car actually goes even lower so i stiffened my spring rates as much as possible and then raised the car a bit to get the ride height correct. While doing all that i had to constantly adjust toe to compensate for the camber i was putting on.

Had to get custom plate

With everything dialed in perfectly more of the quarter panel had to be shaved because now the wheel was sticking out more. After a few hours with a dremel i got it all taken care of!

Time for alignment

Final Fitment!! Tilt game strong, running -11.5 degrees

With the major part out of the way, it was time for the small things to get done and ready for the show! Carbor fiber side mirror bases

Paint went in for full compound/polish and a few coats of Liquid Glass. Getting the paint to look as wet as ever

Now that its all ready all that was left was to get the car to the show. And i happened to have a truck available with a trailer. So why not.... trailer it to the show

and surprisngly it was fairly easy to get it on the trailer...

Made it to the show and heres the pictures

Well time has come. And ive decided it is time to finally sell the car. I got a new job which keeps me away from home way too much that the car just sits now I will include the link to the for sale ad. As much as i hate to sell everything ive been working on im not home anymore to enjoy it. I will try for the next 2 months probably selling it as a whole... if i cant i will part it out. But took her to the last show (FitmentWars) and brought home Best Static I do have plans for another build in the future!

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/5221588907.html

Last edited by Vasiliy; 09-20-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Love that color combination! I really like those wheels. What size adapters did you go with?

Old 02-16-2015, 12:26 AM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Neat

Old 02-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by Almightyone
Love that color combination! I really like those wheels. What size adapters did you go with?
1" says in the feature he posted. car looks great man

Old 02-17-2015, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
1" says in the feature he posted. car looks great man
Thanks man! appreciate it

Old 02-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I feel like I've seen your car on StanceMiami instagram. Even if I didn't, I like it. Only thing I would've change was ripping off that whale tail. But that's me. I love your wheels. I've been meaning to purchase a set for the last 4 years and every time some come up, I ended up buying other wheels instead. One of these days though. Keep up the solid work.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by driftsucky
I feel like I've seen your car on StanceMiami instagram. Even if I didn't, I like it. Only thing I would've change was ripping off that whale tail. But that's me. I love your wheels. I've been meaning to purchase a set for the last 4 years and every time some come up, I ended up buying other wheels instead. One of these days though. Keep up the solid work.
Probably haha StanceMiami has posted the car a few times.. and i agree with you on the wing part man! looking to go wingless soon or a "duckbill" style trunk, I believe outcast garage actually makes one. But thank you i appreciate it man

Old 02-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I love your car dude. I don't think you're going to stop bending fenders with your fitment. I had to get around the -4 range in the front to stop effin' up my fenders.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Thought this car looked familiar, i follow you on instagram.. lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vasiliy D's Static coupe build thread!