View Poll Results: What should my 1st mod be?
wheels
26.83%
drop
65.85%
debadge
14.63%
other/suggestion
4.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Mid West Thang...........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
AWD Sport with Tech
how far can you drop before you start having camber issues?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
over an inch drop you will usually have to get a camber kit

Inch or less, you should be able to get the camber back into spec

Old 07-31-2008, 03:41 PM
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by g35freak86
over an inch drop you will usually have to get a camber kit

Inch or less, you should be able to get the camber back into spec

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to the track this weekend, dyno is next then drop (z springs or entire z suspension). ill get wheels this winter and do a few other things as time allows......

Old 07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35MTK
Pretty good guess!

Make sure when you move out there to come across the bridge to the sonic in the chesterfield valley for tuner night. I just met LuckyG on driver yesterday and found out he lives in STL. He just got his G.

We need to all show up and slot our sedans next to each other. Maybe it will get people excited about G Sedans!
Whens tuner night? I live real close to that sonic

Old 07-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stlpedder721
Whens tuner night? I live real close to that sonic
stlpedder721 there is a G meet aug 2 at hooters on lindberg near 270. You should come, we also have our an stl G website stlg35.com you should join. We need more people

Old 07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by Gee3point5Mhmm
stlpedder721 there is a G meet aug 2 at hooters on lindberg near 270. You should come, we also have our an stl G website stlg35.com you should join. We need more people
where are the pics of these OTEHR sedans? every body talks about dropping their G so lets see what dem rides look like. lol

Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Gee3point5Mhmm
funny im going to the hooters this satruday with a couple of my buddies, but were going to the one off of page and 270. i could try and switch it up and go to the one near lindbergh. Im 16 so i hope you guys arent hatin.
edit: wow just lookd that up, the lindbergh one is kind of far away. I'm down for some other meets though later on. Ill sign up for stlg35.
Are any of you guys good at installing some of the easier mods. I kind of want to do some basic things like a pop charger, plenum spacer etc.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:43 AM
also I was down near the sonic tonight, at steak n shake. And saw that most of the cars there were ricer pos's like dodge neons and what not. I wouldnt mind rolling up there in our g's

Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stlpedder721
funny im going to the hooters this satruday with a couple of my buddies, but were going to the one off of page and 270. i could try and switch it up and go to the one near lindbergh. Im 16 so i hope you guys arent hatin.
edit: wow just lookd that up, the lindbergh one is kind of far away. I'm down for some other meets though later on. Ill sign up for stlg35.
Are any of you guys good at installing some of the easier mods. I kind of want to do some basic things like a pop charger, plenum spacer etc.
dude those things are easy.. Anything that doesn't require you to lift or jack your car up is cake

Old 08-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do the drop, but think about it carefully. should you get springs? or coilovers.

then when you get rims, THINK about them carefully as well. I hate it when ppl just slap on some rims thinking that just because its not stock anymore, it'll still look good or better than stock. take some time to decide whether or not it will go nicely with your car's theme.

(i guess i say this bc i'm in an area w/ alot of 'dubb style' wannabes, slapping the ugliest rims on the ugliest cars thinking its 'pimp' or whatever)

Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by Infinite_636
do the drop, but think about it carefully. should you get springs? or coilovers.

then when you get rims, THINK about them carefully as well. I hate it when ppl just slap on some rims thinking that just because its not stock anymore, it'll still look good or better than stock. take some time to decide whether or not it will go nicely with your car's theme.

(i guess i say this bc i'm in an area w/ alot of 'dubb style' wannabes, slapping the ugliest rims on the ugliest cars thinking its 'pimp' or whatever)
I feel you and understand what you mean. I know I dont want a slammed sedan with the type of roads we have in the midwest so I'm probably going to do springs first and see how I like that. Then I'm look at wheels this winter to be my summer set and keep the stocks for winter BUT I want to get them powder coated for a lil tougher finish. I have a hard time with wheels for my sedan because of the chrome pieces on the doors. I DONT like chrome wheels (as a rule) so it hard to finD wheels that flow with the sedan that are not chrome..... (IMHOP)

Old 08-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by 1beastnstl
I feel you and understand what you mean. I know I dont want a slammed sedan with the type of roads we have in the midwest so I'm probably going to do springs first and see how I like that. Then I'm look at wheels this winter to be my summer set and keep the stocks for winter BUT I want to get them powder coated for a lil tougher finish. I have a hard time with wheels for my sedan because of the chrome pieces on the doors. I DONT like chrome wheels (as a rule) so it hard to finD wheels that flow with the sedan that are not chrome..... (IMHOP)

I used electrical tape to cover the chrome on my door handles temporarily and it looks very good imo! It looks like the new 07+ Gs that have color matched door handles. I hear you on STL roads. I'm going to wait until next spring to do wheels and springs. I'm thinking time attacks since I am going for the black theme (obsidian black, black headlights, grill, emblems, tint, door handles)

We'll see Next spring is still a ways off.

I need some help with my plenum spacer install as soon as I get the rest of my missing parts delivered from motordyne If anyone is willing to lend a hand let me know

Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Always willing to lend a hand mike!

*cough dont forget about the thing that we talked about to go with yoru black on black scheme cough* whew...nasty cold I got lol

Old 08-11-2008, 10:11 PM
haha thanks man ill shoot you a text whenever motordyne sends me the damn parts

Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 AM
AWD Sport with Tech
Originally Posted by G35MTK
haha thanks man ill shoot you a text whenever motordyne sends me the damn parts
give a shout out here or stl35.com and maybe we call can get together, hang out, and watch you f**k up your ride.

j/k.................hang out and give you a hand. i'm pretty good with car stuff (just no time for my own) lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mid West Thang...........