World's first G35 sedan to coupe front-end conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:01 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
First off I searched this thread and around the forum for answers so please don't dismiss if you know the answer

I haven't found a conclusive answer here, what exactly is needed for this swap? Do we need inner fenders or just the outers? So I can just get Coupe front fenders, grill, headlights and bumper and mount them????

The OP is obviously long gone I've tried PMing to no avail, and he has no recent activity. Do any of the OG's know?

I'm not blowing smoke, I have plans to do some serious mods to this G, and am considering the swap, either to the 05/06 sedan, or to the coupe front end. It seems like the OP may have custom made the front fenders just to save money and he wanted them flared anyways, doesn't say if he tried to use Coupe fenders or not.
Fenders are custom. Off the top of my head you will need custom fenders, Coupe front, Coupe grill, Coupe Hood, Coupe headlights. There are probably a couple more things you need that are not "seen" like you mentioned (fender liners, etc.)

Old 12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Hes very busy that why hes never on here. The car was recently sold as well.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkSedan4me
Hit him up on G35NYC.com hes active on that site. Same username
Thanks for the HU, but I searched over there and there is no one like him with Diesel in his name at all.

I'm getting warmer though obviously, seeing his 'old' car in the top banner LOL.

Still no answers though. I will likely need to get this stuff shipped in so I am really hoping for a semi-decisive parts list...

I am hoping that he only needed to do fiberglass, custom fenders, etc because he deleted the side marker lamp.

If I retain the side marker maybe I don't have to, and can just mount it up.... I don't know but would love some ideas?

Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Found the main man over on G35NYC, changed his name. Hope he's able to respond to my inquires

Old 12-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sup guys. Yea I rarely visit here now, even my own forum. Always working in the shop, 12+ hours a day

The fenders are completely custom, you cannot just bolt on coupe fenders. They are way off. You will also need coupe inner fender lining

By the way, I have been working on replicating my custom fenders. It's a long process and I'm figuring out which material is best to use. Metal is impossible because of the cost. I don't want to do fiberglass because I've never been a big fan of it. I'm in between ABS and Urethane. What you think?

Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by DieselX
Sup guys. Yea I rarely visit here now, even my own forum. Always working in the shop, 12+ hours a day

The fenders are completely custom, you cannot just bolt on coupe fenders. They are way off. You will also need coupe inner fender lining

By the way, I have been working on replicating my custom fenders. It's a long process and I'm figuring out which material is best to use. Metal is impossible because of the cost. I don't want to do fiberglass because I've never been a big fan of it. I'm in between ABS and Urethane. What you think?
Hey thx for the response what kind of shop are you running?

Metal would be best, but second to that I'd say Composite Plastic would be the cheapest and durable for a fender, depending on cost difference between the Plastic and Urethane, Urethane is of course a good product just not sure if it's suitable for the fender....

So did you modify coupe fenders, or Sedan fenders? From your post I'm assuming you used coupe inner fenders, and modified coupe outer fenders.

Thanks again for the response very much appreciated. I'm sure if you could come up with a good fender design you'd have some customers, seeing as that is the main hinderance in the swap!!

Old 12-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't know what you mean by inner and outer fenders.

I blended the sedan and coupe OEM fenders. It's a lot of work and test fitting. Probably spent around $2k just to make the fenders. I plan to sell the replicated set for under 1K

The following users liked this post:
boostedforlife (12-16-2011)
Old 12-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by DieselX
I don't know what you mean by inner and outer fenders.

I blended the sedan and coupe OEM fenders. It's a lot of work and test fitting. Probably spent around $2k just to make the fenders. I plan to sell the replicated set for under 1K
Inner fender is exactly that. When the outer fender is removed you're looking at the inner fender. I was curious if they differ between the coupe and the sedan.

Is the Coupe fender shorter?

Hope you can keep us updated on progress with the fender project, sounds like a great idea!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:16 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
you should sell a mold to BAUSauto, and have them available for the G35 community

Old 09-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I know this post is old as hell, but anyone know if DieselX ever ended up releasing a coupe conversion fender?

DieselX (09-30-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BazookaJoe
I know this post is old as hell, but anyone know if DieselX ever ended up releasing a coupe conversion fender?
No but he is selling the conversion at the moment.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by BazookaJoe
I'm selling the originals! https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...ers-parts.html

Old 01-14-2015, 07:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Happy to part of this club with my new car, now to get a nice coupe bumper

DieselX (05-28-2015)
Old 01-20-2015, 01:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nazc0
Happy to part of this club with my new car, now to get a nice coupe bumper
Seen this unicorn on Ocean Ave. the other night by Beep's Burgers. I had to walk over to confirm. See ya around town, bud.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: World's first G35 sedan to coupe front-end conversion