New Look Underway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cale, I like the suede look you got going there. It's a nice touch to cover all of the center console and the interior door grips. It's a good thing the leather seats are untouched; it's nice to keep it looking clean and not too crazy on your daily driver Hope I get to check it out next time I come down to Tampa.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
That thing is clean! I like the black where all the ugly chrome normally is
The wheels are teh sex as well. TA FTMFW!!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by MTG35guy
That thing is clean! I like the black where all the ugly chrome normally is
The wheels are teh sex as well. TA FTMFW!!
I like his style too, but I would not describe the chrome as ugly

Attached Thumbnails New Look Underway-img_2748_1_1.jpg   New Look Underway-img_2781_1_1.jpg   New Look Underway-img_2772_1_1.jpg  
Old 12-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn that car is dangerous :O.
OP where did you get your WALD kit?

Old 12-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i like the overall concept/theme. But i would change a few things and add some.

1. I would change the wheels and get some Volk Ce28 or Time Attacks
2. powered coated the sevas cap also to match the rest of the wheels
3.Get the rear lip "Wald" to complete the body.Since you already have the front & sides.
4.Remove the trunk spolier and add a Wald Lip spoiler or M3 style
5.Remove the black film from the reverse taillight or black out the whole taillight & smoke the front headlights as well.
6. I would remove the R32 badge

7.Something i would do if i had this look. Get the Nismo kit or Nismo sides & rear, and purchase the Rookie V2 front. Reason being, is because the Time Attack look is for street/track look. With the Wald kit is more luxury/VIP style/Look.

Interior is a WIN

Im not hating on you car.It's just some little attention to detail

An example:

I hope the OP and others dont take what i say the wrong way.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the input Northside, I was somewhat waiting for a response along those line as I have considered many of the areas of input you offer.
1. Like the volk TA idea but not the look im going for. The Sevas are by no means my end all wheels and look for that matter. The red is a candy paint 1/2" pinstripe, not so much an effort at TA look, more to break up gloss on gloss wheel and tie in w/ the tails.
2. Sevas center cap and lugs were only left silver to stay away from the completely "murdered" look which has become too popoular and poorly executed down here, and honestly to tie in emblems which were not smokeded/ removed for the same reason.
3. Wald rear is at shop as I type.
4. Know anyone who wants to trade OB trunks? Ready for a lip spoiler or euro spoiler.
5. Have already bought another set of reverse lights (thanks Lexus8) as mine are painted not film. Will be smoking both tail and reverse lights when I get the headights done.
6. R32 badge is soo rare in the silver version like I have. Not at all the same as the one that are sold fron vendors in red and blue. i would agree that its borderline fail b/c i still have the infiniti emblems...
7. Every sedan I see around here is a factory aero kit car..Im gonna roll with the Wald for a while especially if I decide on bags over coils. Im honestly considering just saving for a vortech and going that route, in which case id look into a Rookie v2 bumber for the IC. Again the sevas are not an attempt at a Time Attack or track look at all, its a candy apple 1/2 stripe on a heavy wheel that was once chrome. Like i said, not my ideal setup ( which if your wonderin would be probably be an agressive fitting set of Work Varianza T1S in any number of custom paint ideas..)

The car in pic you posted is hot but i thought it was a chop someone did a while ago. While they were at it they should have gotten rid of the chrome trim and it would be sex..as well as the better for the "track" look.

BTW, ive always liked your whip..anything new? Havent seen it around here in a min..

Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tampagsedan
Thanks for the input Northside, I was somewhat waiting for a response along those line as I have considered many of the areas of input you offer.
1. Like the volk TA idea but not the look im going for. The Sevas are by no means my end all wheels and look for that matter. The red is a candy paint 1/2" pinstripe, not so much an effort at TA look, more to break up gloss on gloss wheel and tie in w/ the tails.
2. Sevas center cap and lugs were only left silver to stay away from the completely "murdered" look which has become too popoular and poorly executed down here, and honestly to tie in emblems which were not smokeded/ removed for the same reason.
3. Wald rear is at shop as I type.
4. Know anyone who wants to trade OB trunks? Ready for a lip spoiler or euro spoiler.
5. Have already bought another set of reverse lights (thanks Lexus8) as mine are painted not film. Will be smoking both tail and reverse lights when I get the headights done.
6. R32 badge is soo rare in the silver version like I have. Not at all the same as the one that are sold fron vendors in red and blue. i would agree that its borderline fail b/c i still have the infiniti emblems...
7. Every sedan I see around here is a factory aero kit car..Im gonna roll with the Wald for a while especially if I decide on bags over coils. Im honestly considering just saving for a vortech and going that route, in which case id look into a Rookie v2 bumber for the IC. Again the sevas are not an attempt at a Time Attack or track look at all, its a candy apple 1/2 stripe on a heavy wheel that was once chrome. Like i said, not my ideal setup ( which if your wonderin would be probably be an agressive fitting set of Work Varianza T1S in any number of custom paint ideas..)

The car in pic you posted is hot but i thought it was a chop someone did a while ago. While they were at it they should have gotten rid of the chrome trim and it would be sex..as well as the better for the "track" look.

BTW, ive always liked your whip..anything new? Havent seen it around here in a min..
No problem. Just giving some pointers

As for my car? Well, ummm? It's on vaction at the moment. Im redoing my car again. Wheels & suspension are for sale as we speak. Im Going for a different look, very different look and approach. Something you dont see on Sedan's. Some will like or dislike, you know what i mean?

Once the 2009 show season starts, i'll probably post up pics. I dont like to ***** out my car.

If i were you, i would try and find someone in your area that has a trunk. Shipping is a Bia! I found a guy at my old employment that had a OB without a spoiler and he wanted a spoiler. So we traded even....

OP send me a PM with the shop that did your interior. Also, keep us updated on your build.... GL

Old 12-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah that bottom picture is a photoshop of my car. Just the wheels changed. Heres what it looks like now. I did black the chrome trim. Time attacked Nismo A34s are the last thing I have to do...

Old 12-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
G35MTK, That thing is gonna be sick with those wheels on there. I love the a34's. By far best bang for buck forged rim, and a clean option for a nismo kit car. Dont think ive seen em TA'd yet either.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:47 PM
how much did it run you to get all 4 wheels painted? if you dont mind me asking