Custom Rear Bumper *PIC INSIDE*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Dustin@StrafeAutomotive
not really, i figured for someone who loves to pick apart others peoples cars on the net wouldn't be so shy in person

ANYWAY

levon i dont have any intention of making or copying this rear for all those who might think that, if you wanna release it or something you can pm me and i'd be more than willing to help if you want....
Thanks man, if a vendor did make it, I'd be interested for sure. Wouldn't mind using my vehicle as a test, but I'd probably have to widen it out so maybe not so good for a mold, unless that were to be done later.

Originally Posted by 4drmadness
get saronaa

Get out...lmao jk jk. Come back to the states!

Originally Posted by Dustin@StrafeAutomotive
^ the rest of the car would have to be super aggressive to pull that off, IMO.
Agreed, maybe if the black part was a lil lower it wouldn't need to be as aggressive. The rear kenstyle would look pretty sick tho.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I really like the bottom portion. Merc / BMW cut outs is a nice design. But I don't like the topline of the bumper being lowered like that. It looks like the rear bumper is drooping down like a transformer stepped on it and bent it
Yeah, I'd have have to work on the lines or something, it's almost as if it's a "step lip" bumper. Not sure if it makes any sense.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Levon -

Where would the rear license plate go, and wouldn't the cost be less if you had the custom bumper done at a shop and they could sell replicas of it after a few months of it being exclusive to you?

I like it, but it looks a little busy above the rear valence. Does that section need to be there? Might look better smooooove.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pnn23
Levon -

Where would the rear license plate go, and wouldn't the cost be less if you had the custom bumper done at a shop and they could sell replicas of it after a few months of it being exclusive to you?

I like it, but it looks a little busy above the rear valence. Does that section need to be there? Might look better smooooove.
the license plate will be relocated behind the rear bumper. the mechanism is actually a screen that blends with the paint. when you see a cop, there's a button inside for you to press. after this button is pressed the screen will show the license plate. pretty cool feature huh? ^o^ jk...

Old 06-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Levon you talkin about doing what you did with the front right? getting it fused in with stock so fitment is perfect? that'd be 1 off then, don't need to worry about "replicas"

Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by pnn23
Levon -

Didn't think about the rear license plate. I'd probably do a retractable plate and just hide it during meets/shows.

I'll do a chop with the license plate later today (if i get across to it) to see if I can have it permanently mounted in a way that would look good. I forgot the Benz has the license plate on the trunk. I would consider doing that but that means rattles when I do my audio. I'll pass on that.

Originally Posted by G SEDAN
Levon you talkin about doing what you did with the front right? getting it fused in with stock so fitment is perfect? that'd be 1 off then, don't need to worry about "replicas"
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking Aaron, but I'd have to get another fiberglass bumper first....wouldn't I?

Old 06-29-2010, 02:24 PM
ehhhhhhhh what did you do with your front?

two fiberglass bumpers together or stock and fiberglass? i forgot.

If you have to get a stock 05 after market and then get a benz bumper, then you're gonna spend a lot of money. But you'd still have your stock rear.

BTW if you get a complete new rear, you can even mold a slight flare in it to match the flare that you're trying to do on the quarters, it'll almost be like a widebody

Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Looks like a newer model C class rear to me... maybe even the C63 rear...

I would try again... honest opinion.. (runningawaynow) =X

Old 06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice AMG exhaust lol. looks a lot like MB rear.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
ehhhhhhhh what did you do with your front?

two fiberglass bumpers together or stock and fiberglass? i forgot.

If you have to get a stock 05 after market and then get a benz bumper, then you're gonna spend a lot of money. But you'd still have your stock rear.

BTW if you get a complete new rear, you can even mold a slight flare in it to match the flare that you're trying to do on the quarters, it'll almost be like a widebody
For the front I used the KuRookie since it was cracked. I used the upper portion of it and the lower and side portion of the Kenstyle.

I don't mind using my OEM rear if I had to, but I don't know how difficult it would be to mesh poly with FG. I know it's been done with rear lips (OCG35's wald is molded and I don't think the lip is poly).

But yeah, I would want to flare it out some like you mentioned to follow the fenders a bit better.

Originally Posted by Sonny35
Looks like a newer model C class rear to me... maybe even the C63 rear...

I would try again... honest opinion.. (runningawaynow) =X
Lol, no need to run away. All comments welcome.

Originally Posted by vietboi817
nice AMG exhaust lol. looks a lot like MB rear.
I would LOVE to get that exhaust, but each muffler alone is 1500 on eBay last time I looked.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by olopez
That bumper looks good with that exhaust. With the OEM exhaust not so much.
Would def be an exhaust that looks like that.

Another thought I had was to have quad exhaust but dual tip coming from each side of the side skirts. I don't think there's enough room for that though.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:53 PM
wtf $1500 for a muffler? That's german parts for ya.

Could probably find a similar style muffler for liek $80. LOL

Old 06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Lol, seriously. I'm gonna see if I can use the Sebring muffler I have or find a Sebring with a dual in and dual out to run pipes with tips in back.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Cant wait to see the finish product!

I think the kenstyle rear would look nice if it didnt have those two vents on the side

Old 06-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
should be an awesome project

Old 06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I say go to the vendor and make a bumper, By the time vendor get's it on the way to be able to make it a production bumper you'll be the only one with it. Or you can make a deal with a vendor to not to release the bumper for a year or so to give you the chance to be exclusive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Rear Bumper *PIC INSIDE*