Got in an accident...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what i see you should not have any frame damage at all you will be just fine. IMO i think the other car crumbled up because its a old cheap car. Thoes type or cars have foam rear inforcement, not like your which it metal. My girl smacked the gaurd rail on the high way doing 70mph cost me 5k in damages NO FRAME DAMAGES. Just busted struts and control arm. Maybe your clutch fan or radiator minor things. You dont even have to change your bumper or your hood both can be fix 100% sure of that.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
...i might do an emblemless grill out of mine
Looks like you already took care of that, j/k......

On a more serious note I'm guessing your airbags didn't go off since you talked about how it drove. I don't know what speed they are set to engage, I think it's ~20-25 mph. If you were going 15-20 I it would be hard for me to imagine how your car has frame damage. I'm glad you're OK and let us know how this turns out.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Most cars these days have front and rear "crumple zones". So it is possible that the frame is slightly damaged.

Front airbags deploys when it detects " sudden deceleration"..

Old 11-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
If you didn't have a PRO look at it dont assume anything. Everyone on this board and all your friends whoever they claim to be are not pros.

As the car is right now, i would just drive as is...

But you had to be going 25 or more to smash up that car like that. I did similiar damage to my car while going 15mph into a jeep, damage to my bumper and i didn't think twice about it, i'm mad that i did do that but no damage to his. No sense in my rates going up. But now if the person you hit makes a claim, you might as well claim your damage as well since your rates will go up no matter what.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn

**update**
Looks like some frame damage also...FML
Your license plate doesnt really fit the situation at hand
(im assuming you are also Russian)

Old 11-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm was in a similar situation..and trust me..there will be internal damage..maybe your radiator support..)ring its fiberglass..might be damaged looking at it..your hood..if your deductible is low then make a claim cause it'll eat your pockets..but upgrade time..and your were easily going 25 plus..I was going 20 and the damage wasnt this significant..as long as both drivers arent hurt...everything else is replaceable

Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I have a tough time believing that there would be any frame damage. At most, you will need to replace the reinforcement beam based on pics. Damage doesn't look bad considering the other vehicle.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Air bags are typically designed to deploy in frontal and near-frontal collisions, which are comparable to hitting a solid barrier at approximately 8 to 14 miles per hour (mph). Roughly speaking, a 14 mph barrier collision is equivalent to striking a parked car of similar size across the full front of each vehicle at about 28 mph. This is because the parked car absorbs some of the energy of the crash, and is pushed by the striking vehicle. Unlike crash tests into barriers, real-world crashes typically occur at angles, and the crash forces usually are not evenly distributed across the front of the vehicle. Consequently, the relative speed between a striking and struck vehicle required to deploy the air bag in a real-world crash can be much higher than an equivalent barrier crash.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Yikes ! Hate to see this ..

Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
lol @ you guys mentioning UDACHA i know but think of it this way without udacha it could have been worse, the other car had 2 infants in it and no one was seriously hurt, thank god...
we think it has frame damage because the whole car looks pushed into one side etc
the car doesnt drive straight, it shudders over 45mph, doesnt shift into park, doesnt respond to gas right away brakes feel funny...
ABS did kick in i felt it trying to keep the traction but it failed...
we both made claims already so i'll be calling my ins to try to hurry things up and get my car in a shop and get myself a rental asap
...if i missed any questions ask them again sorry.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by kyemaul
From what i see you should not have any frame damage at all you will be just fine. IMO i think the other car crumbled up because its a old cheap car. Thoes type or cars have foam rear inforcement, not like your which it metal. My girl smacked the gaurd rail on the high way doing 70mph cost me 5k in damages NO FRAME DAMAGES. Just busted struts and control arm. Maybe your clutch fan or radiator minor things. You dont even have to change your bumper or your hood both can be fix 100% sure of that.
bumper isn't fixable, it has holes all over it & is cracked in half...the pictures really dont show how bad it is, if you look behind the bumper everything is cracked & hanging around behind it...

Old 11-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Sorry to see the EM banged up like that, but glad you and the others are okay!

Old 11-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Sorry to see the EM banged up like that, but glad you and the others are okay!
Thats the first thing i did was make sure the other driver/passengers were okay and got them out of the road, then i turned back and saw my baby but a car is just a means of transportation you cant replace a person.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:47 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Glad you're alright man.

All these wrecked G threads lately are making me

The G really PWND the other car though

Really hard to make any judgement about the frame from those pics. Can't see any of the tale tale signs without seeing under the hood/back of hood by firewall/fender door gap/etc...

Whatever the case, I hope everything turns out well for you.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:03 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by faceless
lets put these facts together.
first of all your 16 years old!
2nd of all you got your liscence about 2 months ago.
3rd of all thats your mommas car.
4th of all your momma will pay for this.
get a ****ing job,buy your own ****ing car, stop relying on yo momma to buy you stuff, and learn how to ****ing drive you dumb POS! yeah thats right william ulitsky.
BTW good job on recking your moms car,
Why don't you go to some other forum and provide them with your insightful, useable, feedback.

Grn, I have been there, and done that with the whole rear-ending someone when your 16. It sucks, but you definitely learn from it.

As for the car, just have a professional look it over before making any judgements. I doubt its totalled.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got in an accident...