Cholea's Progress Thread.. :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
@ Skyway, I used a ****load lol. I put on a quick thick glob and let it harden. And I sanded it all back down to a really thin layer and built layers upon layers upon layers. I didn't keep track, I just did it til it was flush. Did you by any chance end up using any body filler? I haven't had a chance to put a guide coat to find any unevenness.

@ TycoRC, I have the shrouds playa! I know how to retrofit, I'm just lazy. I want a fender roll but I don't have that much $$ lol. I just bought a switchbox I figured that was more important since my toggle wasn't inflating my bags anymore. How about you just rent me that tool for cheap lmao.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Choleaoum
@ Skyway, I used a ****load lol. I put on a quick thick glob and let it harden. And I sanded it all back down to a really thin layer and built layers upon layers upon layers. I didn't keep track, I just did it til it was flush. Did you by any chance end up using any body filler? I haven't had a chance to put a guide coat to find any unevenness.
I used as little body filler as I could, which wasn't enough to worry about. If I had any low spots I just used resin as a filler, and it worked great.

I had never worked with fiberglass before this project, so there was a lot of trial and error in my process. I don't know how many layers I had to peel off because I didn't mix in enough hardener, or I mixed in too much. I'm lucky that I got all my materials free. I learned a lot and now am confident enough to tackle any fg project.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by SkyWay
I used as little body filler as I could, which wasn't enough to worry about. If I had any low spots I just used resin as a filler, and it worked great.

I had never worked with fiberglass before this project, so there was a lot of trial and error in my process. I don't know how many layers I had to peel off because I didn't mix in enough hardener, or I mixed in too much. I'm lucky that I got all my materials free. I learned a lot and now am confident enough to tackle any fg project.
Haha Ive worked with fiberglass tons of times so it's no biggy for me. My homie smashes up his front end every other week from drifting and he brings it to me to be repaired. This **** is strong, the fiberglass would still remain in place even when he crashes. Yeah I was using fiberglass to fill in the low spots. Hopefully it doesn't crack if I hit a dip lol.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Before I started to customize it, i pulled into a parking lot and got too close to the sidewalk curb. It cracked the bottom all the way through. Hopefully with all the layers it should be stronger now, but if I were you I would beef up the bottom.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Originally Posted by SkyWay
Before I started to customize it, i pulled into a parking lot and got too close to the sidewalk curb. It cracked the bottom all the way through. Hopefully with all the layers it should be stronger now, but if I were you I would beef up the bottom.
Ah damn, thanks for the advice. That's what I'm planning to do. Don't want that **** cracking all over the place lol.

Here's my trunk setup, not the best tuck but considering I was by myself and I had no helping hands its pretty good.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
what switch box did you end up getting?

Old 03-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Blue AVS 7 Rocker Switch! Got it for 50$, what a steal. I velcrowed the tank to my carpet lol. And I velcrowed the fuse box to the carpet as well lmao. I dislike drilling holes. As soon as I get done most of those wires won't be visible. Gotta shorten some hoses, and tuck some hoses, rereoute some hoses. All hard to do when I don't wanna go to my lift.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
wheres the compressors? I have the same switchbox but in black and the dakota gauge in the ash tray. Heres my trunk set up

Attached Thumbnails Cholea's Progress Thread.. :D-1300574690192.jpg  
Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by r1forever80
wheres the compressors? I have the same switchbox but in black and the dakota gauge in the ash tray. Heres my trunk set up
**** that's stunting. My compressors are where my spare tire is =D and my valves too. I want to mount it under where the third brake light area is I can't remember the name right now. Debating though, I want to invest in a valve block. That would save me tons of money and looks 100x better.

How do you like the switchbox? never had a chance to install with the rain.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 AM
So here's another update: I had a AAA inspection for full coverage boy was the guy impressed lol. I guess he doesn't see much cars with air suspension. I finally finished the suspension and tucked all the wires away. I can finally drive this damn thing, I just need to install the gauges and I'm good to get an alignment. Took me a good 8 hours with frequent breaks to tuck the wires in nicely. (I'm ****, don't want anything rubbing, no sharp corners cutting anything, I wrapped a few hoses in silicone so it doesn't break with constant vibration against any sharp corners. I also bought a bunch of U brackets and bent them a to hold up the hoses just incase it slacks in the long run.

I will check the air suspension everytime I change my oil, and I flushed my coolant for the first time in 16k miles it wasn't too bad just a faded green. (I totally forgot that I changed it when I first bought the car, and it was too late I already drained the radiator. Doesn't hurt to have clean coolant.)

Pretty clean under carriage right? Hardly any wires, most of them are tucked within the hardlines, or above the rear knuckles where there are absolutely zero movement.

Drilled a hole on the bottom of my spring perch to mount the perch bag..absolutely zero rubbing. The picture shows that it's in a angle cus it was hitting the wall of the upper mount thingy not sure the technical name. All it needed was to be pushed and it straightened out.

I slapped on the lights & bumper again just for the AAA inspection, couldn't paint, it's been raining bad in socal. Don't want paint to cure in a wet environment lol. Asking for a lot of problems. Excuse the crappy presentation, it's still a big work in progress lol. Money isn't a issue but time is.. (nothing is bolted down, so don't mind the fitment lol)

I also got one of these installed and got a bigger AAA discount on my insurance.. stealth, tucked, and hidden. Fully functional, remote start, trunk, comfort closure, auxilary window roll up/down and shock sensor adjustable.

If anyone is interested in having a stealth viper 5901 alarms installed, let me know I can have something arranged.

Also have a grounding kit installed too, tried to wash the bay a bit after but it needs some decent pressure washing.. I honestly don't plan to wire tuck anything as of right now, I kinda like seeing wires for some reason in my bay, makes me feel OEM lol but that's just my opinion. I like tucked bays but this is probably the one thing I wouldn't modify on my car. Maybe someday that will change but as of right now, I'm keeping all the wires stock. I'll clean up the grounding kit forsure though, it's just a mock up to get it on and have it do its job. I noticed less flickering, better acceleration, easier start up, and my battery isn't dieing anymore for some reason. Maybe it's because my previous installer did a ****ty job on my clifford alarm.

And soon to be done on wednesday, fx35 projectors, and fix my damn rear view mirror. And I really want to buy a cf hood, but I dislike how we have those grooves in the middle. The 05+ doesn't have that grove. Hood either is getting repaired or replaced with cf along with the trunk.

Note to self: As skyway says, reinforce the fiberglass, I took it out for a 8 mile drive today and the bumper is already cracked everywhere. I had to resand everything and put more fiberglass/bodyfiller. I was riding slammed & parking lot pimpin so my bumper was getting all banged up, but in ALL HONESTY these bags feel like I'm on OEM suspension UNTIL it's maxed height its so bouncy feels like my friends Stance Coils when its constantly stiff like a roller coaster lol.

Last edited by Choleaoum; 03-29-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 AM
nice. i want to see a picture of the car layed out now.

i bet you get tons of lift in the rear with the dominator bags.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Infiniti G35 Sedan Nismo Aero Sport Package
Eyy foo you need a fender roll!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by TycoRC
Eyy foo you need a fender roll!
Aye foo! Rent it out to me lol.

@ kenny, yeah thanks for your help bro! **** works great the rears actually lift the car up to a 4 finger gap alittle more then stock height lmao.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Infiniti G35 Sedan Nismo Aero Sport Package
how about for the amount i'm letting you rent it for, I'll roll your rears and you can vouch for me and recommend me to other peeps

Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 PM
^^^**** same price and you dont have to do the work yourself?

who could pass that up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cholea's Progress Thread.. :D