Kemo's Progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kemo's Progress

OK ladies and gents, here's my entry in the the world of G modding.
I'm a big tech geek, and so far I've been loving this car. So much potential, so much room for expansion...

The idea is that I'm going to be focusing on more visual, luxury, and tech mods at first. I'm wanting to toss a little paint around, do some fun stuff with the lights, tint, new wheels, install a TabletPC and integrate a remote start/car control app with it, redo the interior, add another battery and an inverter, and a few other bits here and there. Might work on the suspension a bit...would love some TEIN EDFC action...

Once I get things feeling comfortable and looking nice, connected the way I like, I'll just enjoy the ride till I drive the motor into the ground
Then I'm wanting to do an LSx swap and get some real power under this chassis

I've got a few things already done, very minor bits...

Noticed a sloshing sound around the dash when I'd accelerate...and the hot air wouldn't blow hot when I idled, and was hardly hot otherwise. I've never liked working on the coolant system, on my old Ford it was just as messy with the bleeder valve, and on the Benz it was just way too complicated and needed specialty tools. That's where I found out about the mess-free method

Got the Lisle 24680 Spill-Free Funnel, plugged on the B adapter set, and topped off with a little distilled (just got the ride, dunno what coolant they used...figure I'll change all fluids all the way around when I change my oil next). Now, I let it set for a little while, thinking the thermo will open up the block and start circulating coolant, but after 20 minutes of waiting without much air escaping I decided to put a little heat on the gas pedal. Kept it at around 1k RPM and it let out a little bit more air a bit more steadily, but nothing to write home about. Bumped up to 2k RPM and that's where the action started...didn't have my buddy there, and I wanted to keep an eye on the funnel to make sure it wasn't going to asplode. But I'm surrounded by tools, must be some way to make it work...

Keeps it at a nice constant rev

Other than that, I installed my own grounding kit. I took a bit of info from SxExCx's kits, Black Betty's, Stillen's, and a few others, and kinda put them all together. Got proper 8AWG Oxygen Free Wire, marine-grade crimp lugs and heat-shrink tubing, a cheap Chinese hydraulic crimper, and went to town.

A few lengths are a bit longer than I'd like, and I still have two more points to do on the Alt+Tranny, and two bolts to get in order to consolidate a few grounding points, but otherwise I'm pretty happy.

You can also see a video detailing a bit more of the grounding kit on the UTube.

From here, I've got some paint coming in, I'm going to do a few more visual mods here soon, then my next set of purchases will be the JDM DDin kit, and a Tablet to stuff in there. If the weather warms up here soon then maybe I could even do a nice little wire tuck...