Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

07 Sedan Pics with Aftermarket Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:34 AM
G-Squad DJ =)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks pretty good!
i have an 04 coupe in brilliant silver and i have black gloss rims with polished lips...so if i was to get Liq.Plat. it either wanna do the same set up or straight chrome - chrome is tough to pull off sometimes but i think those look great

what kind of rims are those? iforged? (im so bad with pinpointing rim makes and models)

thanks again!

Old 03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so, hopefully someone can educate me so i don't get the wrong wheels for my car. on another forum, dbaquiran said his rear wheels are 10" wide with a 40mm offset, and they appear to fit quite nicely in the fender. marcel's rear wheels are also 10" wide with a 40mm offset, and his wheels stick out at bit (here).

i would think the same width wheel with the same offset would fit identically, but that is obviously not the case. so my question is, what metric am i missing here?

oh, and i am aware that one is lowered and one isn't. dbaquiran has pics in this thread that shows the car before it was lowered, and they still don't stick out as far as marcel's.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by XXeR
so, hopefully someone can educate me so i don't get the wrong wheels for my car. on another forum, dbaquiran said his rear wheels are 10" wide with a 40mm offset, and they appear to fit quite nicely in the fender. marcel's rear wheels are also 10" wide with a 40mm offset, and his wheels stick out at bit (here).

i would think the same width wheel with the same offset would fit identically, but that is obviously not the case. so my question is, what metric am i missing here?

oh, and i am aware that one is lowered and one isn't. dbaquiran has pics in this thread that shows the car before it was lowered, and they still don't stick out as far as marcel's.

I thought this thread was only for pictures, but it has become more of a discussion. GC will probably have to sort this thread out and separate the pictures and comments so we don’t have to scroll through a million posts to see the pictures. Until then, I’ll put my “not so brief” (sorry) dissertation for your answer here:

First ... there isn't really a "right" wheel / tire combination. It's really more personal taste and all part of the customizing game.

Most of the folks here prefer to keep everything under the fenders.

Some folks prefer more tire "stretch" than others.

I have seen / read wheel diameters from 17" to 22".

Max tire sizes are typically 245 wide in front and 275 wide in back.

Wheel widths are typically 8.5” front and 9.5” in back. I say typical because this is the max width wheel that most tire/wheel retailers recommend that has the least chance of interference problems.

Then there is the choice between 3-piece and 2-piece wheels. Each has their own pros and cons. I’ll just address sizing. Three piece wheels are actually harder to “custom” size for max width because the forged rim sections come in 1/2" increments from suppliers. This is probably how 8.5” and 9.5” evolved. If you push the envelope to 9” and 10” wide wheels, you take a chance on interference if the offsets are not perfect. Tire selection also starts to come into play because one mfrs 275 is not the same as another mfrs 275.

2 piece wheels are easier to customize for max width because the mfr can place the wheel center anywhere they want on the rim before welding it into place.

Finally, you have to take brake caliper size into consideration as aftermarket calipers typically require additional positive offset for clearance.

I have been keeping a spreadsheet of several lowered 07s in this forum with aftermarket wheels / tires because I am working on a custom set for myself. It will give me and the wheel mfr I’m working with a good place to start when we go for it. My only hang up has been to make sure the suspension geometry is finalized which should happen next week. I am hoping we’ll learn what the real max wheel / tire size is for our car. Then again, all this headache maybe pointless (even thought it was a good learning experience) so please don’t base your purchase decision on what you just read here. Do a little more research in this forum to see what others have done and discussed and enjoy the car.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by salerngo45
which g do u have? if i am correct im pretty sure u can get the same part number from the 06, eibachs or teins i could be wrong but i put the teins in mine and they work great

Yes, i know the tien and eibach work i figure it out when hikos g was set up wif it. BUT i also know that the 03-06 G35 sedan can use the 350z revised front and g35c rear springs. The drop is very nice and i do not have to worry about weird spring rates and weird un balance spring and expensive springs. All i need to do is get the g35c springs and 350z spring. You might need to do some reasearch to see what i am talking about. The g35 sedan 03-06 guys know what i am talking about.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:33 AM
It got too dark before I could wash and shoot more photos. Stern ST1's on Liquid Platinum.

Attached Thumbnails 07 Sedan Pics with Aftermarket Wheels and Tires-www.jpg  
Old 03-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks good EWG35 , take some more pics with better lighting when you get a chance.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:49 AM
Looking good EWG35! More pics when you can!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:08 AM
G-Squad DJ =)
Originally Posted by EWG35
It got too dark before I could wash and shoot more photos. Stern ST1's on Liquid Platinum.
lookin' good! what size are those?

Old 03-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by DJNOOCH
lookin' good! what size are those?
He had mentioned earlier that they are 8.5" x 18" with a 45mm offset both front and rear.
His tires were 245/45/18 front and rear.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
G-Squad DJ =)
Originally Posted by GEE35X
He had mentioned earlier that they are 8.5" x 18" with a 45mm offset both front and rear.
His tires were 245/45/18 front and rear.
cool! - musta skimmed right over that - thanks

Old 03-09-2007, 10:03 PM
I can't seem to find the time... I washed last night, then it rained this morning!! I'll try to post more pic's very soon.

How do I post photos within the caption without making it an attachment? Does it need to be done via a URL to appear as a full sized image when the page loads? i.e. Insert Image?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by EWG35
I can't seem to find the time... I washed last night, then it rained this morning!! I'll try to post more pic's very soon.

How do I post photos within the caption without making it an attachment? Does it need to be done via a URL to appear as a full sized image when the page loads? i.e. Insert Image?
If you are wanting to have images this size:

You can download your pics at http://photobucket.com andput them here in the large format, just don't go too big.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 03-09-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
If you are wanting to have images this size:

You can download your pics at http://photobucket.com andput them here in the large format, just don't go too big.
Perfect, I'll try that. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Seen this one?:

What kind of rims are these?
thanks

Old 03-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by Hikos_G
Forgive me for going off-topic.....but that G looks so cool from the rear, especially with the "INFINITI" letters taken off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 Sedan Pics with Aftermarket Wheels and Tires