Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Show your spoilers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by EWG35
Alright, that's what I'm talking about. I was beginning to get buyer remorse before I received my euro spoiler. I've already been thinking I'd just sell it on eBay later if I don't like it. Glad to see one installed that is look’n good. I saw a side shot of another car with what I thought was the euro spoiler and I did not like it at all. It must have been another brand. Thanks for the photos.
come on EWG35 get that spoiler on, I want to see one on the Liquid Platinum

Old 03-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
They said 7 to 10 days to receive it, so I'm hoping it gets here next tuesday, but more likely next friday. I get photos posted promptly.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by CarFreak

nice and clean

Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Believe it or not, I order this thing on Tuesday and I got it today (the following Monday). Here are a few shots of it just sitting on my deck lid. I have not mounted it yet which is why it tips up a bit in the front. The salesman said to me they recommend adhesive mounting. My only concern is when I used masking tape to tape it down to take a few shots the tape did not stick to my paint. I know, the miracle of Zaino!! I’ll have to clay bar the deck lid and clean it really well and it will probably stay on without bolts.

For others that are considering this one and plan to install it yourself, it’s all or nothing from what I can see. You either go-forward with Adhesive mount and keep your fingers cross, or Drill it. The spoiler has to be off before marking and drilling so once it’s on there, there is no going back. Let me know what you think.

I know it needs lowered, that's next

Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I like it better than the factory style, I think I am just fine without one though...

Goodluck with the install!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Your spoiler looks great!! If it were me, I would definitely drill mount it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Looks good, any chance you post a pic showing the gap between the bottom of the spoiler and the chrome trunk accent?

How is the paint match?

Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Your spoiler looks great!! If it were me, I would definitely drill mount it. Better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks!!

I think you are right. I'll look at it tonight. I also think that since the spoiler has one foot all the way across the only way to get it down tight is to drill, bolt and tighten.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by shawnost
Looks good, any chance you post a pic showing the gap between the bottom of the spoiler and the chrome trunk accent?

How is the paint match?
I'll post a pic once I mount it that shows better what you are asking about. I wondered the same thing, "what does it look like under there?". After the salemans told me it was recessed I understood. Basically the two outside "bases" of the spoiler goes over the rear edge of the deck lid just a bit, and the recessed part of the spoiler (the rear foot) follows the line of the chrome deck strip on top. You can just barely get your fingers between the spoiler and the chrome strip when it's on. Unless the light is just right there will always be a shadow under it. It looks very clean from the back I must say. It makes the chrome strip look better too, I think.

The paint is about as good as you can hope for, 90% accurate. No dust under the clear coat; it's nice, smooth and glossy. As others have noted it's almost impossible to get something other than metal to paint to exactly the same color even if the paint is mixed correctly because of the chemical reaction (I guess is what causes that), but I think it's pretty good. If anyone has had body work done before, some colors are very tough to match. My last car, a 2000 Chrysler 300M was Silver Flake and the dealer scratched it while it was in for service!! They painted the door and it did not match. They finally had to paint the entire side of the car to make it unnoticable. That's the worst, 71,000 and not one door ding or scratch until that day. Since you are not going to blend this paint job into your truck lid I think it very acceptable, at least on mine, and I'm very picky.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey EWG35, I think it looks great, actually nicer than th the OEM spoiler.
I agree with bolting it down rather than two-sided tape. Are there threaded holes already in the spoiler to accept bolting it on, if so how many? Thanks.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey EWG35, I think it looks great, actually nicer than th the OEM spoiler.
I agree with bolting it down rather than two-sided tape. Are there threaded holes already in the spoiler to accept bolting it on, if so how many? Thanks.
Thanks GEE35X!

There are three holes. My guess is one is an air release hole, to prevent the air inside from expanding on hot days and cracking to fiberglass. There are two threaded holes one on each side about six inches in from the edge. I'll flip it over tonight and post some pics. That will help answer some questions.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks GEE35X!

There are three holes. My guess is one is an air release hole, to prevent the air inside from expanding on hot days and cracking to fiberglass. There are two threaded holes one on each side about six inches in from the edge. I'll flip it over tonight and post some pics. That will help answer some questions.
Fantastic, thanks

Old 04-02-2007, 10:18 PM
It's mounted, fits very well and seem very secure. Here are a few photos.

Bottom of spoiler, rear edge facing to the right:

Another from above...

Back left side of spoiler once mounted looking into recessed area of spoiler.

Another shot looking into recess.

Any finally a shot debadged. I am curious as to what others think about debadging LP.

PS: I decided not to drill mount. If it flys off tomorrow, I'll let you know.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Looks very good EWG35, thanks for the great pics.
Is the spoiler a bit wider than the trunk or is it the same width?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:13 PM
It's mounted, fits very well and seem very secure. Here are a few photos.

PS: I decided not to drill mount. If it flys off tomorrow, I'll let you know.
Looks good. Hope it doesn't fly off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Show your spoilers