Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

new to this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to this

bought my g35 with the intention to making it look/perform/sound great but i'm no where near it due to lack of effort and no time to do so. but after looking through this website and looking at all the photos posted here, i realized that i'm letting my beautiful car go to waste. with that said, i'm looking for any suggestions as to what i should start with from you guys. i havent seen too many modified g35 sedans in my area and when i do come across one i'm glued to it. your suggestions is much appreciated.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Well, the front lip (400 bucks) is one of the cheaper mods that'll make your G stand out. Depending on the color of your G, you might want to get the overlays for your tail lights and rear valence (like 40 bucks a piece). Then after that, rims and drop are the more expensive mods that really set the car off with the above mentioned mods. Rims can be cheap, but get really expensive quickly when you look into better, higher quality wheels, tires can run you easily upwards of 1k. And the drop is cheap (~250 bucks) but the camber arms etc will run you another 2-400 bucks. Plus the cost of an alignment in your local area.... Well there's my two cents...

here's some pics of my car for example of lip, "DIY midnight" grill, and wheels (20's):

And here's one of the rear valence:

there's plenty of guys with their tail lights tinted that are bound to post pics... So this will give you an idea of the prices and it's look....

Oh yea, and exhaust can make your car look better, and can range from ~600 bucks for an axle back, to 1300 bucks for a cat back depending on brand of course...

Last edited by SVLRx; 05-06-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
there are plenty of things that you can do to your G. it just depends on your focus (ie performance/ looks etc) and your budget. here a couple pics of mine for a frame of reference:

Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 AM
as was previously said - it all depends on whether you want looks, performance, better sound, etc.

Stillen Exhaust - 1100ish plus install -> looks better, sounds MUCH better, and gives you a bit of power
JDM taillights - very hard to find and can be a little pricey, but they really make your car standout (even tho noone else ever notices them)
Debadge - it's free! take off whatever you like from the back, personally I like the way I have mine, unless you can take off the Mt. Fuji and center it (i'm considering doing that)

You can make your own midnight black grille for less than $20 and some patience

you can change your yellow bulbs around the car for LEDs (inexpensive - did the license plate lights for under $15)
also, you can change the color of all your front cluster bulbs (low/high beams can be bluer, chrome turn signals, HID fogs, LED corner lights)

Also - look into maybe getting a radar if you drive "briskly" and a stealthcord to hide the coiled cable

There's 2 roof spoilers, a handful of trunk spoilers, tons of rim options, you can upgrade your brakes, grounding kit, strut/sway bars for better handling, mudguards if you don't have them, M45 shift ****

Hopefully this gives you some options to think about....
I'm thinking about a lot of them ha

Old 05-06-2009, 02:12 AM
popcorn10, if you are thinking about "defujiing" the rear of your car, you might as well just completely debadge your car IMO. something about just debadging either the "Infiniti" or the Mt. Fuji emblem leaves the rear unbalanced

Old 05-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by G35xQX1
popcorn10, if you are thinking about "defujiing" the rear of your car, you might as well just completely debadge your car IMO. something about just debadging either the "Infiniti" or the Mt. Fuji emblem leaves the rear unbalanced
Nono, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't like the way it looks with either the Fuji or INFINITI taken off. And i especially don't like completely debadged, I feel the EXACT same way you do that it seems unbalanced. Which is why I would only consider taking OFF the INFINITI and "moving" the Fuji down and center it on the trunk. I'll probably just leave it as is though. But ya, I feel the exact same way as you - I'm very picky about things looking tacky or not thought through completely

But I absolutely love your car
Doing the brakes in red looks AMAZING

Old 05-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love all the cars posted here, and i really wish I could get to see Mike's car next weekend but the timing is just no good.

Here are a few of my engine bay since no one posted that

Oh get Clear bra for the car it's soo good hahaha.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:17 PM
oh yea, and if you had thinner spokes on your wheels like mine, getting a BBK improves looks greatly. I think i've seen them ranging from 1300 off some website to 1800 from riverside....

Old 05-06-2009, 09:23 PM
G35xQX1, your blk rims on white g35 looks amazing. i have a blk one and i thought about getting a blk rims on it. what u guys think? do you guys install parts on your own or do you get'em done at the shop?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by soeG35
G35xQX1, your blk rims on white g35 looks amazing. i have a blk one and i thought about getting a blk rims on it. what u guys think? do you guys install parts on your own or do you get'em done at the shop?
What about black wheels with a big chrome/silver lip? I love black wheels with silver lips, gives the car some contrast.

What kind of mods are you thinking about?
Performance, styling, etc?

Old 05-07-2009, 12:09 AM
soe, unless if you are going to go for the complete "murda" look, i would have to agree with popcorn (ie getting wheels with black spokes/ silver lip). i think you need some contrast or your car may just look like a gigantic black phantom on the streets.
as for the installs, minor things that do not require a lift i do myself (ie installing intakes, kickplates/ ambients, replacing the LED bulbs). things that require a lift/ i dont trust myself to install (ie exhaust and BBK, i went to a shop)

thanks for the props popcorn much work, $, and time have been spent on the G.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since nobody posted pics of the interior... hehe

You can CF your interior!! Material is 50-70 bucks! The rest, is your own time and effort!

There are DIY's all over the tech area for this mod.

P.S. I like the collection of mods on this thread...hehe

Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Are you kidding me?! There are a bunch of us out here! You have to go to the next local meet.
...i havent seen too many modified g35 sedans in my area ...

Old 05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
op, check my garage for ideas. Also, if you have access to a lift, just do everything yourself, as i have done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.