Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The following users liked this post:
faiz23 (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Flintgauge
Thanks to those with positive comments. No thanks to all the haters. I would love to powder coat my rims, but with a new born baby... At least I can try out the look. ItsA..Gthing thanks for the heads up on the Oracle Wrap. I might have to do that.
Nothing wrong w/ having priorities, especially one's that tend to take up a lot of your time & unexpected expenses. I must confess I Plasitdipped a grill & that back chrome trunk lip, but quickly decided I didn't care for the texture and the grill was hard to get the water spots off, and trying to use a microfiber towel on the stuff is like using velcro Something about a completely smooth car finish w/ rubbery & rough trim just seems to detract rather than enhance.
P-dip does allow you to easily try a new look and if it's something you like then just tear it off and then do it for real w/ paint or vinyl. IMO you should either lose a bit of the black or lose the rest of your chrome. I've got a DIY for vinyl wrapping your window trim, and if you went w/ the black wrap on the roof it would be a good look IMO (but only if you promise to get those wheels powder coated (when you're not spending so much $$$ on diapers)
Oh, and just keep in mind, not everyone is going to like what you've done, but if you like it then
Here's that DIY link
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-diy...nt-sedans.html

kool_yaar (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by blnewt
Nothing wrong w/ having priorities, especially one's that tend to take up a lot of your time & unexpected expenses. I must confess I Plasitdipped a grill & that back chrome trunk lip, but quickly decided I didn't care for the texture and the grill was hard to get the water spots off, and trying to use a microfiber towel on the stuff is like using velcro Something about a completely smooth car finish w/ rubbery & rough trim just seems to detract rather than enhance.
P-dip does allow you to easily try a new look and if it's something you like then just tear it off and then do it for real w/ paint or vinyl. IMO you should either lose a bit of the black or lose the rest of your chrome. I've got a DIY for vinyl wrapping your window trim, and if you went w/ the black wrap on the roof it would be a good look IMO (but only if you promise to get those wheels powder coated (when you're not spending so much $$$ on diapers)
Oh, and just keep in mind, not everyone is going to like what you've done, but if you like it then
Here's that DIY link
I really like the look of the car now with the dark rims. I know I want to get them powder coated for sure! I am just trying out some different visual mods for now on the G... I came over here from My350z.com when I sold my Black 06 350z...for the baby. Everything I did on the Z was performance

Old 04-30-2013, 12:43 AM
I really like the look of the car now with the dark rims. I know I want to get them powder coated for sure! I am just trying out some different visual mods for now on the G... I came over here from My350z.com when I sold my Black 06 350z...for the baby. Everything I did on the Z was performance
Right on! Gotta handle your business first. Look forward to pics when you get them coated.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:45 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Looks 10x better.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Old 06-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Old 06-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
nice job with the carbon fiber work

Flintgauge (06-11-2013)
Old 06-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry but that front end........ is ugly.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
Your Progression Status.

Stock FTW..

to

Plastidip FAIL
x2

Originally Posted by Feeelax
Sorry but that front end........ is ugly.
x2

Old 06-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Doesn't matter what others say. I've got a 15 month old and know the drill. Not like I can't afford the more expensive stuff but why limit my wallet when I have other things I'd like to do for my kid. Like opening a CD or investments for education? He isn't going to care about my cars 18 years later but he sure will appreciate the 100K in an account for school.

Flintgauge (06-11-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Tough crowd over here
At least OP is trying various things to make his G his own, and although it's not always a home run, most of what he's done is easy to remove should he try something different. Agree about the lower front bumper accent, looks a bit out of place, but once he powdercoats his wheels should be a much better overall look. I would also paint the tailights, it's a simple DIY and looks much better than a solid smoke or a vinyl overlay. Here's an easy DIY should you give it a try~
http://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-in...ils-sedan.html
And also a simple vinyl trim wrap if your painted trim ever flakes or peels

Flintgauge (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
painting stock parts = modified...lol

Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 PM
I did have a lot of plasti dip on my car at first. I think it's a really great way to try out different ideas. I've removed almost everything, but the wheels. Slowly replacing the dip with paint of vinyl if I like the look. My next projects are gloss black vinyl roof, and window trim. I appreciate the positive comments. The pics don't do the front end justice. I need to take more pics in better lighting. I personally find it greatly enhances the aggressive look of the front end, a lot like the popular front lip mod does for the car as well.

Like I said before, I'm just having lots of fun trying different looks on the car, since the last car was all performance mods. Only visual thing I did to my 350z was replace the orange reflectors with clear ones.

What I don't understand is why some people who members of a car enthusiast website seem to want the car to look as close to stock as possible? Are all yall haters out there telling me you're tracking your car every weekend and haven't dropped a dime on visual mods, except some million dollar Vossens or Volks....? I know some people have expensive taste but come on, Just because some mods cost less doesn't mean they don't enhance the look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: from Stock to Finish