Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

2013 370z Sport Rays on my G35S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 370z Sport Rays on my G35S

Couldnt be any happier with how it turned out. Stock 370z Sport take offs with center caps from my sedan sport wheels (color match is spot on).

Front could use a small spacer to be 100% flush but they look fine. The rear 275s come right to the very edge of the wheel well. Makes the tires look like they're poking out a little but I like it.

The ride feels a lot more aggressive now but the factory suspension needs to go as it's to soft for this wheel setup.

Name:  20140201_162831_zps8ef1dd77.jpg
Views: 5793
Size:  142.4 KB

Name:  20140209_181844_zps1176937f.jpg
Views: 4085
Size:  138.0 KB

Name:  20140209_181805_zps96bf909b.jpg
Views: 3365
Size:  134.2 KB

Last edited by Sport35Driver; 02-11-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Looks good man!

Old 02-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Stubie1918
Looks good man!
Thanks

Old 02-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice. Coils will make it look amazing

Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sport35Driver
Couldnt be any happier with how it turned out. Stock 370z Sport take offs with center caps from my sedan sport wheels (color match is spot on).

Front could use a small spacer to be 100% flush but they look fine. The rear 275s come right to the very edge of the wheel well. Makes the tires look like they're poking out a little but I like it.

The ride feels a lot more aggressive now but the factory suspension needs to go as it's to soft for this wheel setup.

You stated that you have 275's in the back, did you notice a difference in the ride quality. Does it feel a bit sluggish? I was told buy a sales rep at sears that if I put larger tires on an already staggered vehicle that it would mess up the gearing (which i found kind of strange)? Love the car. How much did you pick up those rims for. If you dont mind me asking?

Old 02-04-2014, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by LoganG35
You stated that you have 275's in the back, did you notice a difference in the ride quality. Does it feel a bit sluggish? I was told buy a sales rep at sears that if I put larger tires on an already staggered vehicle that it would mess up the gearing (which i found kind of strange)? Love the car. How much did you pick up those rims for. If you dont mind me asking?
Yes, 275s, stock tires from the 370z. Car does not feel sluggish, ride quality feels improved by far besides the body roll which sway bars should clear up.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by LoganG35

You stated that you have 275's in the back, did you notice a difference in the ride quality. Does it feel a bit sluggish? I was told buy a sales rep at sears that if I put larger tires on an already staggered vehicle that it would mess up the gearing (which i found kind of strange)? ...
And that my friends is why you don't go to sears for tire help.

Tread width has N O T H I N G to do with effective gearing, it's all about overall diameter.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
They look good on the car. I dont see how putting heavier wheels on give you a feeling of a more agressive feeling though.

Also do not listen to vqsmile, the rep was actually correct. While it doesnt change your gearing, larger tires do in fact lower your RPM and effect your speedometer. The rep was most likely talking about tire size, not width. General rule is, you should always keep the same overall tire OD when changing rims. All wider tires does is change your traction and lower your performance and mpg.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
They look good on the car. I dont see how putting heavier wheels on give you a feeling of a more agressive feeling though.

Also do not listen to vqsmile, the rep was actually correct. While it doesnt change your gearing, larger tires do in fact lower your RPM and effect your speedometer. The rep was most likely talking about tire size, not width. General rule is, you should always keep the same overall tire OD when changing rims. All wider tires does is change your traction and lower your performance and mpg.
There is far less slip from the tires and the car feels more planted due to the wider tires. That's what I meant by feeling more aggressive. Also if you know the weight difference between the stock 18" Enkeis and the 19" Forged Rays I'd be curious to know that info.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:38 PM
370Z sport wheels
19x9 Front: Rim 23.2lbs With tire/stock 52.2lbs
19x10 Rear: Rim 23.9lbs with tire/stock 56.8lbs

G35 sedan
18x8 square: Rim 18.3lbs With tire/stock 49lbs

Old 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM

WOW, you're too funny . . . and flat *** wrong about some of this pal!

First off, you say the rep is correct (suggesting I am wrong), but then you proceed to reiterate exactly what I said about tire width not changing the gearing, and that you should just keep the same overall diameter, and that the rep was most likely talking about tire size(btw, poor choice of words here, since you probably meant height), not width.

Additionally, you make the complete false assertion that a "larger" (again, poor choice of words here, since you're talking about width) tire will lower your rpm and effect your speedometer. WOW, just WOW. That is just fundamentally incorrect.

If you're trying to suggest that a heavier tire will have more inertial mass and unsprung weight and therefore make the car feel sluggish because of those negative attributes, then I'd agree with you, but those WILL NOT "lower your rpm" or "effect your speedometer", they will only affect the rate at which the car changes speed. You can still get to any rpm or to the correct speed, it will just take longer to do it and the wheels will have rotated the exact same number of revolutions to get there. Countering this with a lightweight wheel can offset or even counteract the effect. Additionally, a heavier tire of the exact OEM size can bring about the conditions you're alluding to. but the point is THIS IS NOT GEARING... it's inertia!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM
370Z sport wheels
19x9 Front: Rim 23.2lbs With tire/stock 52.2lbs
19x10 Rear: Rim 23.9lbs with tire/stock 56.8lbs

G35 sedan
18x8 square: Rim 18.3lbs With tire/stock 49lbs
Ok, so as I suspected, your comments are indeed related to mass.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Looks great! Noticed yesterday that the Q50S will have these wheels also but in a darker shade.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
WOW, you're too funny . . . and flat *** wrong about some of this pal!

First off, you say the rep is correct (suggesting I am wrong), but then you proceed to reiterate exactly what I said about tire width not changing the gearing, and that you should just keep the same overall diameter, and that the rep was most likely talking about tire size(btw, poor choice of words here, since you probably meant height), not width.

Additionally, you make the complete false assertion that a "larger" (again, poor choice of words here, since you're talking about width) tire will lower your rpm and effect your speedometer. WOW, just WOW. That is just fundamentally incorrect.

If you're trying to suggest that a heavier tire will have more inertial mass and unsprung weight and therefore make the car feel sluggish because of those negative attributes, then I'd agree with you, but those WILL NOT "lower your rpm" or "effect your speedometer", they will only affect the rate at which the car changes speed. You can still get to any rpm or to the correct speed, it will just take longer to do it and the wheels will have rotated the exact same number of revolutions to get there. Countering this with a lightweight wheel can offset or even counteract the effect. Additionally, a heavier tire of the exact OEM size can bring about the conditions you're alluding to. but the point is THIS IS NOT GEARING... it's inertia!
Common sense would dictate that when someone says larger, they again are talking about OD. When someone is talking about width, they say wider.

Yes kid, larger tires do in fact lower your RPM for a set speed and cause an error in your speedometer, this is common knowledge (for most). You speedometer is calibrated so that for each rotation, you car is assumed to have traveled a specific distance (the outer circumference of your tire). So if you install a larger tire, your OD increases and the distace your car travels per rotation increases, lowering your RPM for a set speed. Please stop giving adivce on simple subjects where you obviously lack the necessary knowlege. While a larger tire doesnt physically change your gearing, it does effectively change your gearing.
(New Tire Diameter/Old Tire Diameter) x Old Gear Ratio = New Gear Ratio
So again, if the Sears Rep was talking about larger tires changing his gearing, he was technically correct.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 02-04-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Added Pretty Picture
Old 02-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 370z Sport Rays on my G35S