Notices
Media Share Pictures and videos of G35 styling and lighting, categorized by Coupe and Sedan.

Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help

Hey every i have aftermarket side skirts...how do u install it without drilling holes..

Old 04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I think you'll have to drill, unless you mold it permanently to the car.

I'm no expert so don't use this against me.....I'd would try to drill using the the flap that will be hidden behind the door sill, and then drill the screw location in the front wheel well and the rear wheel well. I'm sure you won't see the fasteners besides the ones on the ends at the wheel wells(which is seen with stock ones anyway).

The fasteners all along the bottom might not be usable since your aftermarket sideskirts might be lower than the stock, not unless you can invent a fastener that will utilize those holding points.

Anywhere else you think you need screws will be seen and exposed, I suggest using a super strong and thick scotch 3M double-sided moulding tape in these areas.

OH..AND please don't go half-a$$ on the installation, take your time and do it right. It's bad enough that you see all these cars with ricer bodykits falling off or dragging on the highway. Don't make the G a part of that statistic.

Last edited by Deezflip; 04-22-2009 at 12:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.