Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Any G35 Owners in Minneapolis

Old 10-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any G35 Owners in Minneapolis

Looking for interest in a MN club. Took delivery from Jim Lupient Infiniti of 2004 6mt Diamond Graphite/Graphite Coupe.
No Mods at this time. I belong to PCA (Porsche Club of America) and club membership definitely adds to the fun of the car. Please post if interested. Also posted on 6mt.net.

Old 10-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Any G35 Owners in Minneapolis

See my <a href="https://g35driver.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=6&Number=90626&page=0&view =collapsed&sb=5&part=">post</a> about West WI owners, I think joeyaj is from St. Paul. I'm in Eau Claire, which is pretty close to Minneapolis (closer than Madison/Milwaukee anyhow where all the WI meets seem to be).

Would definately be interested in Minneapolis area meets and events.

FYI - Got mine from Luther Infiniti

2003.5 Sedan Black/Black w/ sport, premium, aero, and winter packages.

Old 10-06-2003, 11:44 AM

OK, seriously now. What's wrong with Minneapolis area G35 drivers? With 2 Infiniti dealers in the metro area we should have a better response than this. I've now seen at least 4 other Gs here in Eau Claire, a few in Rochester, and I KNOW there are tons of them in the twin cities. Where are you people?

Old 10-07-2003, 02:35 AM

I am ready to buy a G35 coupe in the Minneapolis area. Can any of you guys tell me if either Lupient Infiniti or Luther Infiniti would sell below MSRP on a G35 coupe? What's the best deal I can expect to get in Minneapolis?
Thanks in advance. Hopefully I can join the club soon.

Old 10-07-2003, 10:29 AM

I got mine at <a href="https://g35driver.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=6&Number=20308&page=1&view =collapsed&sb=5&part=">Luther</a>, but I got the VPP program so I can't speak to their willingness to deal. Sadly that program was not available for the coupe and I didn't pursue it & ended up with a sedan anyhow. When I was there in July they only had one coupe in stock though, so it may still be selling hot.

Then again, winter is coming and coupes are harder to sell in the midwest winter, especially with the AWD Sedan coming out. You may have some play afterall.

Let us know what happens.

Old 10-07-2003, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the info.
Yeah, Luther seem to have less coupes for some reason. I'm currently also looking out of state to see if I can find a decent deal. Lupient Infiniti replied back to me saying they may have a coupe that fit my requirements (Premium/Nav), so we'll have to see.
One thing that's been kind of lame is that I have not gotten back one single quote after using a bunch of those "quick quote" links at the dealers sites or online quoting services. Perhaps those services are only good for slow selling cars?

Old 10-07-2003, 04:37 PM

I bought my 2004 6mt Coupe from Jim Lupient which I ordered and was able to deal with them. I dealt with Kada and she was knowledgeable very helpful. The last time I was at the dealership (about a week) they had some Coupes all Automactics. Hope this helps!!

Old 10-09-2003, 06:33 PM

Hey guys, I just got an agreement on a Diamond Graphite AT with premium, navigation, and 18" wheel package with Lupient Infiniti. They agreed to sell it to me for $1000 off MSRP. I thought that was a decent deal. Did I do OK on it?
Pretty excited right now. Only down side is that I'm going to have to order a set of winter tires soon, and they are pretty spendy.
Anyway, car arrives around 10/21. Suhweet!

Old 10-09-2003, 11:29 PM

Congrats! Enjoy it before the snow flies. If you follow the break in period, that gives you very little time. Better drive it all day every day.

As for if you did OK, do you really want to know? A little late for that isn't it? I mean, why torture yourself? J/K. If it were a sedan I would say you could have done a lot better, but from what I've heard that's not bad for a coupe. In some parts of the country they are going for at or even over MSRP.

Old 10-10-2003, 12:30 AM

Yeah, I guess I don't really want to know if I did OK. I'm happy about it so that's all good.
I'm already looking into getting a set of winter wheels, so hopefully that'll workout. This will be my first rear driver so I'm not sure what to expect in the winter. I figure if I'm careful it should be OK.

Old 10-10-2003, 10:56 AM

I did quite a bit of research on the snow factor, but very little COMPLETE information out there. You'll see a lot of 'no problem' or 'terrible' comments, but you rarely get details like driver skills, tire type, area of country, etc.

Here's what I gathered from what I found on snow performance:
High performance (summer) tires are terrible - duh
The all season tires, available on sedan at least (what I have), are workable
Winter tires are best - duh

Anyhow, Blizzaks seem to be most favored and many people go with a smaller rim and tire for in the winter to get a wider profile and lower cost. If you do it right it should not affect your speedo calibration.

For me, I did my research and know where to go for tires/rims and what to get should things get too bad. I have the winter package with the all season tires, so I'll see how it handles and buy snow tires only if needed. I rarely really need to travel (work from home) and have a 2nd vehicle to fall back on if needed.

Good luck.

Old 10-11-2003, 10:22 AM

Sorry for not repling earlier but I was gone for a couple of days. Yes, you did get a good deal on a coupe and Nate is correct on other areas of the country, G35 coupes going more then MSRP. It will be interesting on how the new 2004 G35 AWD Sedans will sell againest the FX models in the North Country. I also have the same problem about snow tires. I have been looking at Continental Contact-Extreme. Porsche uses Continental as original equipment on thier cars. They about two thirds the cost of Blizak's. I also was looking at buying wheels also to save remounting each season and possible damage to original wheels. What's your thoughts?

I also replied to the one taker on 6mt.net and told him about G35Driver. I am going to talk to the dealers and see if they will give out the forums URL's when people buy G35's or Infiniti car. This will give us a bigger audience of people to get interested in a Club or at least Meets. Also with the FX model and the new AWD Sedan we may find more people interested here in the the North Country. For now we can see about scheduling a social to get together maybe one these warm October weekends?

Old 10-11-2003, 12:28 PM

I am definately getting another set of rims. They will pay for themselves in the long run, especially if you get a smaller size. Think of all the salt/chemicals out there and the slipping and sliding too, protect your better rims. The big thing is yes, wear and tear, but also ease of transfer. You can swap them in your own garage or a snap at a tire place. If you pull the tire each time you will also have to have them balanced again.

Porsche - Definately talk with the dealers. That would be really cool if you could drive more of them this way.

As for a get together, it would depend on the weekend. I also have a bit further to drive, but it could still work.

Thanks for taking the initiative on all this too!!!

Old 10-12-2003, 01:46 AM

I think I will be getting a set of 17" wheels for my winter tires. I've checked out a set that I think will work on tirerack.com and they will cost a little over $1000. I'm thinking about getting the Blizzaks for these wheels. I guess I'll do this after I close the deal on the G35.
Thanks for your replies.
Yes, I think a get together with G35 coupes would be pretty cool. Hopefully it'll happen one of these days. (and hopefully I can actually make it!)

Old 11-09-2003, 03:07 PM

Any more mpls people out there?

Porche951t - did you get a chance to talk with the dealers?

Start thinking about a possible meet in the spring, don't think anything will happen yet this year with the cold and snow on the way.

2003.5 Sedan Black/Black w/ sport, premium, aero, and winter packages. See my profile for updated mods list and pics.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any G35 Owners in Minneapolis