Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

ITB Drag Racing pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITB Drag Racing pics

Thanks again to everyone who came out. I'm happy to say that this is the FIRST time in ITB Street Car Shootout history that we had 100% full fields in every class, and we were turning people away from the tech lanes. We usually get a few quick cars and then a bunch of fillers, but this time we had a LOT of cars that were all shooting it out for the money. Who knows what next year will bring, but it WILL be even bigger and I am going to work my tail off to make it better. Here are your winners!!!

All Motor
1st: Jeff Dodson
2nd: Jason Bales

After having just picked up the car only days before the event, Jeff Dodson takes home the All Motor win in his first trip down the 1/4 mile in his Stewart Engines H22 powered Civic hatchback.

Jason Bales fights through a tight field in his BMW M3 to finish runner up in All Motor. Jason's tree chopping led to an exciting final round.

Turbo 4
1st: Cole Leming
2nd: Joe Demaree

Cole Leming came into Turbo 4 as an underdog in his Nissan 240, but brings home the win with his excellent driving. Cole sets a personal best 11.5 ET with great 1.5 60 foot times on his DOT tires

Joe Demaree fights through the field to take runner up in Turbo 4 with his SSC Racing Civic street car. Joe turned up the juice and advanced to the finals thanks to some outstanding driving.

Turbo 6
1st: Tim Iacoli
2nd: James Ellis

Tim worked his way through the field to take the win in Turbo 6. Tim also ran his personal best of 11.1

James Ellis proves what I try to stress every year...the fastest car does not always win. James matched up in the semis with his Nissan 300Z against a GN running deep 10s. James was able to keep his composure on the line despite his disadvantage and takes the redlight win!!

AWD
1st: Carey Bales
2nd: Jeremy "Fathouse" Howell

Carey Bales comes home with a win in AWD. Carey improved throughout the day and ran his personal best ET of 11.2 @ 126. Watch out when he gets this thing to hook up!

Jeremy Howell takes runner up in AWD with some great heads up driving in his borrowed EVO. I don't know a person in the world that would have anything negative to say about this guy. David really wanted to drive, but had House behind the wheel so he could enjoy his son's first birthday.

Pony Car
1st: Jon Moore
2nd: Sean Koehl

Jon Moore was kicking butt and taking names in Pony Car with his GTO. This guy could teach some of us about leaving the line! Take a look at those stands!!! Not too shabby for a local street car shootout!

Sean Koehl doesn't need any help getting off the line. He managed to take his basic mod Camaro into the finals on an upset win in the semis. The automatic LSx cars proved unbeatable in Pony Car.

True Street
1st: John New
2nd: Pete Johnson

John New takes the upset win in True Street in an exciting final against friend Pete Johnson. John's Mustang was running strong all day with a best ET of 10.6

Pete Johnson finishes runner up in True Street in his gorgeous Nosnhoj Performance Mustang. Pete was knocking off low 10 second passes all day.

Quick 8
1st: Jeff Sparkman
2nd: Jeff Dowd

Jeff Sparkman takes the win in Quick 8 in a very eventful final round. Jeff was having trans problems and still made the final round call so that we could see two 9 second monsters battle it out.

Jeff Dowd was really making some noise in Quick 8 this weekend in his 9 second small block Camaro. He ran out of nitrous just before the final round, but was able to make the call on a borrowed bottle from IndyHP...who were represented in the final by Jeff Sparkman. That is classy racing right there, even with cash on the line!

Bracket
1st: Jason Jiminez
2nd: Matt Neaderhiser

Jason fights through some seasoned bracket pros in his G35 to take home the win in his first attempt!! Jason was a great sport when his competitor's dial was wrong in the finals, he agreed to run again because he wanted a fair race. Great sport!!

Matt Neaderhiser fought his way to the bracket finals against some seasoned pros as well.

Here are some other pictures from Saturday's racing!

Lining up for qualifications!

Benny lines his supercharged Mustang up against John Orr and his nitrous LS1 RX7.

Tim G. lines his mint GT350 up against Brody Goodwine's fast C5 Corvette in the Pony Car class.

Eric Cayton just before he blasts off a 10.0 @ 145 mph in his full street trim Supra on low boost on his first full pass with his new motor. Unfortunately Eric was DQ'd for safety equipment after this pass. The other True Street competitors were saying their blessings over this one as Eric certainly had enough car to take the win.

A mint EF hatch making a pass in all motor. I loved this car. EFs in that kind of condition are super rare!

Dustin Cook in his Civic lines up for his first event in All Motor. Dustin went by the name of Dustin Look Saturday thanks to someone with clumsy fingers!!

Hoosier Performance in their great looking Cobalt.

Special thanks to MOS Racing for giving us a great show in their Outlaw Pro Mod. 650 cubes on 23psi and methanol is pretty neato! Since the track was just scraped for the US Nationals, traction was hard to come by in this 2800hp monster. They were running an auto trans, so there's no slipper clutch to toy with when the track gets ugly. It was great for our street cars under 1000hp...but not for this big power.

Pony Cars getting ready to get down!

Quick 8 Final round. Lots of street car power on that line!!!

Tim Iacoli vs. Jon Shantz in his gorgeous RX7.

I know we were told 70 VWs showed up, but I counted nearly 200 tech cards from them. It made it tough, but made for some great entertainment.

4,000+ lbs of truck pulling tire!

Four Lightnings running 9s and 10s all day without breaking a sweat.

A look across towards the tip of the 5,000 show cars.

The drag crowd. If only we could get the same attention the hydro hop-off gets! They didn't have a seat available!!

Josh Klein working through the ladders by hand after the computer failure.

My guys taking a much needed break after scrambling to find data for 600 1/4 mile passes. Thank you guys for the time you volunteered to make this happen.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Nice pics! Should have taken more of your sled!

Old 08-22-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't own a camera lol

Old 08-26-2006, 06:11 AM
Nice... wait, you organized this event???

Old 08-26-2006, 08:37 AM
wow, that looks awesome! where was this, Indy? Kash

Old 08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
LOL no i didnt organize it, a car club called latest craze organized the show and one of my friends Luke organized the drags, I just participated in the bracket class and won 1st.

and yes it was in indy, at Indianpolis Raceway Park on the west side, one of the biggest car gatherings in the nation. Gotta wait till next year though!

Old 08-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Damn... I should have come....o well, I'm not gonna win anyway --- tryin to make myself feel better ---