Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Lancer Evo..Wow!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 09:32 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer Evo..Wow!!!

Hello all,

Just another little tidbit, but today Dec30th, I saw my first Lancer Evo...in the flesh as it were. I was heading back from my office driving on 137 East when this Silver Evo, pulled up in the next lane. Nice looking car, and I've read a lot about them in the Car mags. Well the guy gave me the nod and floored it....all I could see was his taillights, that car pulled away at ferocious speed. I just cruised along in the luxury that my G35 was a much nicer looking, well appointed car and that apart from WRX, Evo's, the ocassional M3 and Vette, I'm still looking pretty good.

Cheers and a Happy New Year too all.

Old 12-31-2003, 03:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lancer Evo..Wow!!!

You just saw one for the first time...wow where have you been....jk...yup those are quick suckers.....also the WRX Sti....man i took a ride in my friends EVO....all i could say is wow...also took a ride in my other friends STi, and that thing could haul with two other people in the back seat....and it felt stronger than the EVO a tad bit.

Shift_DEZ' NUTS
www.midnightimpulse.com

Old 12-31-2003, 09:09 AM

Why do those cars have to be so ugly? I would love to have that engine and performance in our cars for the price of the STI and EVO. You can do a few minor adjustments on the EVO which adds another 45 hp. I want to run one just to see how much faster they are.

Old 12-31-2003, 12:35 PM
Premier Member

Where have I been???....Yeah, I have too agree on the car's overall bland if somewhat ugly appearance..that goes for the Evo and the Wrx. I've always thought that both of these cars were more suited too a younger audience so at the grand old age of 34 I feel much more comfortable in my G sedan. Plus these cars seem like "strippers" too me. Basic interiors, plasticky dashboards, not good.

Old 12-31-2003, 07:35 PM

I just saw a run in between a STi and a supercharged cobra. The STi took it out on allmost all fronts. It did however look like the cobra would start beating it a little after a 1/4 mile though (slower time, higher mph) and the Lancer is supposed to beat the STi. Watch out!

Old 01-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup those EVO's are no joke. AMS (Arlington Motorsports) from right here in Chicago, have the quickest stock turbo Evo 8 in the world, runs a 12 flat when I saw a vid of it...i bet next racing season it should definantly be in the 11's. I also remember seeing at Byron Dragway one day...it still had temporary liscense plates on it and it was running about 12.3/4 all day.

Shift_DEZ' NUTS
www.midnightimpulse.com