Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

D*MN! First speeding ticket....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D*MN! First speeding ticket....

...I'm so pissed! He played dirty. I have the Valentine 1, so I have been driving over the limit with little concern as long as I got the radar on. However, today at 11AM going North on I-355, this was not the case. I was in the "fast lane" doing only about 70mph, and a Mustang passes me on the right. While I wasn't looking for a race, I noticed I was only doing 70 so I accelerated to 80, slowly passing the Mustang. The Mustang then pulls behind me and follows me for about a 1/2 mile... then all of a sudden flashing red and blue lights start going off from inside the Mustang!!! Yep - an undercover trooper in a Mustang. The dude musta seen my detector as he passed me, so instead of using a radar gun, he paced me. He gave me a ticket for 80 in a 55, plus a warning for no front license plate (I'm still not putting mine on - they'll have to throw me in jail first).
Then to top it all off, as he hands me my $95 ticket he starts asking about my car!! "Is it fast off the line?" "Does the coupe come in all-wheel drive?" "The coupe looks really sharp". I couldn't believe it. Plus he basically egged me on to speed, why else would he have passed me first when I was only doing 70???

Anyway, word of warning, they are using Mustangs (and Camaros I'm told) as undercover cop cars in the Chicagoland area.

- 03 Bril. Slvr Coupe, Aero & Wheel Pkg -

Old 01-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Re: D*MN! First speeding ticket....

Wow, that is one heck of a story. I am so sorry for you. They really were playing dirty. Go to court on it and fight it. Get a good lawyer too. It is worth the $. My brother got a ticket for 60 in a 30 and drag racing and went to court and his lawyer got him out of it. All he has to do is go to driving school for a day. Nothing else.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Premier Member

And Mercury Marauaders I hear as well.
Word too the wise, keep the Valentine on and only race import cars, none of these American ones...take it easy out there.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:21 PM

I'm not 100% sure about this, but its best to look at the license plate. I think they all have state government issue plates (no Abe in Illinois).

G35C OB/G

Old 01-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep that was a statey that got ya.....yup there is a Champane colored Camaro roaming the highway system that's a undercover trooper. Was that Mustang a white one?...cuz i see this white Mustang always pulling people over around the 290, 355, and Elgin Ohare Expressway area....Also just to let some of you people know, Schaumburg has a heli that looks for speeders along 290/53.

Shift_DEZ' NUTS
www.midnightimpulse.com

Old 01-13-2004, 01:24 AM

State Troopers are using everything! I've seen Grand Prix's, Mustangs, Camaros, Monte Carlos and 1 Tahoe. All different colors WITHOUT the typical green 'M' plate. Lately I've seen a white Monte Carlo with tint on the quarter and back windows (doors are illegal) pulling people over just past the O'hare oasis during the morning rush..

Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 PM

..the Mustang was a white one. He did NOT have the "M" plates either (I always check for that). The only clue that he was a trooper was the car had two attenas, one on each side of the car.
I'm not going to bother with court, especially a lawyer. The ticket is only $95, and since I haven't had a moving violation in forever, I can mail in the fine and still get court supervision. I thought that was pretty cool.

- 03 Bril. Slvr Coupe, Aero & Wheel Pkg -

Old 01-14-2004, 12:35 AM

Hey you should always go to court....cuz if the cop that pulled you over doesn't show....the charges are dropped.......and if he does show up the worst charges you'll get is probably court supervision....what county was this in? I know this cuz i had first had experience with this, a cop didn't show up when i went to court and the charges were dropped and never had to pay a dime....just wasted about 3hrs of my time..but thats better than $95 bucks out of my pocket....but its up to you.

Shift_DEZ' NUTS
www.midnightimpulse.com

Old 01-17-2004, 03:40 AM

we all know theres not speed limit on the elgin ohare...its free game for fast. 290 and 53 are an entirely differnt story however.

g35s 5at, premium, willow, premium, dad's, spoiled suburban kid

Old 01-18-2004, 04:01 AM

Not any more man...got a ticket there last summer for doing 79 which is not good man...but...it seems that cops are around there during the day around 11:30 am during weekdays and around 10pm during weekend nights near the Gary exit, and two cops are facing both directions. So watch out.

Shift_DEZ' NUTS
www.midnightimpulse.com

Old 01-20-2004, 02:49 PM

yikes...elgin ohare is where ive done all my high speed runs. the gary exit is usually where it really opens up, cause most traffic is gone and its nice and straight there

g35s 5at, premium, willow, premium, dad's, spoiled suburban kid

Old 01-22-2004, 08:22 AM

Here in Michigan a ticket for up to 9 mph over is $90 and 10-15 mph over is $140. Even if the officer doesn't show up in court you will pay most of the time (judge's call).

Old 01-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

If you guys are ever in my neck of the woods (LaPorte/South Bend IN), the toll road can be pretty harry too. There is a pack of Camaro Z28's (white, black, and blue) that you have to watch for. With the state police depot right next door to Tire Rack where I work, there isn't much room to play around on the roads.

2003 BLK/BLK 6-spd Injen clear corners

Old 01-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a toll road in MO, I think, where the woman at the booth said "You look like a nice kid, so I'm just warning you, but if you get to the exit toll and the computer determines that you've been speeding, you'll get a ticket". If I went 10 miles in under 8.6 min (70mph), they'd give me a speeding ticket. Ugh.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 01-22-2004, 06:41 PM

I heard something like that.....the funny thing i would do if they had something like that and i knew there are no cops down the freeway and no traffic at all. Just for thrills, top out my car, then pull to the side about a mile before the next toll wait a few minutes then go to the toll...lol

Shift_DEZ' NUTS
www.midnightimpulse.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: D*MN! First speeding ticket....