Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Cruise Night Kearney, NE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise Night Kearney, NE

Throw up your midwest gang signs

... just kidding.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Cruise Night will be the weekend of July 21st here in Kearney, NE... with of course the busiest night being the 21st, saturday. Obviously 99.999% of you are unfamiliar with Cruise Night, so allow me to explain.

I promise it's bigger than Kearney makes it sound. People come from the surrounding states just to watch and/or show off their stuff... it started out for all classic cars but of course that attracts all sorts of things, new stuff, old stuff, exotics, hot rods, modded imports, etc. The main streets are usually packed solid with cars, and 9/10 of the houses along the cruise path will have lawn parties like crazy. Let me just say you won't have to look around to find the attraction.

Anyway, just an FYI if anyone off the board wants to come down and check it out I'd love to see another G in the area (there will likely be lots of G/Z action anyway)

And if you guys like catching races, formal or informal, we'll have that too

There's usually the common lot of punk kids in mustang GTs to beat up on, and then again there's supercharged corvettes and/or Eclipse/Talon-type turbo vehicles that actually haul a$s. So whatever you're into.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
KAH
Originally Posted by lancer
Throw up your midwest gang signs

... just kidding.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Cruise Night will be the weekend of July 21st here in Kearney, NE... with of course the busiest night being the 21st, saturday. Obviously 99.999% of you are unfamiliar with Cruise Night, so allow me to explain.

I promise it's bigger than Kearney makes it sound. People come from the surrounding states just to watch and/or show off their stuff... it started out for all classic cars but of course that attracts all sorts of things, new stuff, old stuff, exotics, hot rods, modded imports, etc. The main streets are usually packed solid with cars, and 9/10 of the houses along the cruise path will have lawn parties like crazy. Let me just say you won't have to look around to find the attraction.

Anyway, just an FYI if anyone off the board wants to come down and check it out I'd love to see another G in the area (there will likely be lots of G/Z action anyway)

And if you guys like catching races, formal or informal, we'll have that too

There's usually the common lot of punk kids in mustang GTs to beat up on, and then again there's supercharged corvettes and/or Eclipse/Talon-type turbo vehicles that actually haul a$s. So whatever you're into.
Sounds fun, be careful if you decide to race!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by KAH
Sounds fun, be careful if you decide to race!
I've always been more of a spectator in that sport anyway

I believe the raceway park gives out free runs down the 1/4 mile if one were so inclined to get a time. I might do it just to see what the G can do

Last edited by lancer; 06-26-2007 at 11:32 PM.