Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, OH, SD, UT, WI, WY

Colorado Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Colorado Meet

So far Saturday looks good for me.

We finally got some sun today. Was foggy and rainy Friday, Saturday and Sunday with over 2.5" of much needed rain received.

I'll have to look on the map for where your talking about meeting. Been a long while since I was west of Boulder on Hwy 36.

Coming in from the south, imagine taking C-470 to Hwy 6 to 36 through Boulder would be best? Or has the T-Rex gotten any better yet? Have not been on it in more than six months and I remember it being pretty chopped up and log jammed at that point.

Thanks.

Old 09-02-2003, 01:52 AM

I might be able to make it if I don't have to work. (Just as long as I won't feel too out of place, being female (and not an old one that doesn't care about her car) and owning a sedan!)

That outlook would be a great place to meet- I know exactly which one it is cause my ex boyfriend put all that landscaping and boulders and that plaque up there for his eagle scout project. It's actually east of boulder on 36. If you were coming from Denver (I-25) it would be after (west of) the Louisville/ Superior exit and before the Table mesa one. It's right at the top of the hill as you drop down into Boulder. Selle- I would take I-25 still, cause highway 6 is always a pain. I-25 isn't horrible, just a little slow.

Thanks for the invite Zman!

Old 09-02-2003, 02:34 AM

Just a preview... here's the G up near Estes

97070-car estes.jpg

Old 09-03-2003, 02:16 AM

I'm in Saudi Aurora... but I'll be in Cali this weekend so can't make it. I'd be interested in other dates though.

BTW, a few weeks ago on a Sat. night, I pulled along side another DG coupe on I-70 East. We waved, gave the thumbs up, followed each other to 225 then I exited Alameda. Are you on this board?

Old 09-05-2003, 10:17 AM

Daniele, my wife will be with me so you won't be the only female and the meet is intended to get G53 owners together regardless of sedan or coupe. Pretty cool that you have a close connection to the overlook! Saturday, looks like a great day to have off so I hope you can make it!

G35C 6MT CB Willow Aero Prem

Old 09-05-2003, 10:28 AM

I just checked the weather and it looks good for Saturday! Let’s plan on meeting at 10:00AM Saturday September 6th at the scenic overlook on highway 36 just before you descend into Boulder.

As Daniele said its right at the top of the hill on highway 36 just before you drop down into Boulder. If you were coming from I-25 (Denver) you need to get onto highway 36 westbound (Boulder exit). Drive west on highway 36. The scenic overlook is at the top of the hill about a mile west of the Louisville/Superior exit and before the Table mesa exit. I’ll be up there at 10. We can take pictures of the cars and meet everyone until around 10:30 to make sure everyone has a chance to find the overlook and get there.

Then we will head up the canyon, cruise the peak to peak to Estes and stop for lunch!

Lloyd and mpaule, I’m sorry you can’t make this one but I’m confident we will have another meet with all these great roads to explore in Colorado!

Lollolboy, ****, selle, mikeg, xing and Daniele I’m looking forward to meeting you and going for a great cruise in the mountains! See you at 10!
ZMan

Old 09-05-2003, 11:11 AM

See you there.

[image]http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/74259/0.jpg[image]

Old 09-06-2003, 05:58 PM

I just got home guys.. it was wonderful meet and I wish we can do it again sometime soon. It was nice knowing all of you and lets try to post up the pictures we have taken.

for those who didn't show up, there is always next time. And let me see those silvers!!!

2003 G35 Coupe 6spd

Old 09-06-2003, 09:59 PM

Took me a bit longer to get home, then was time for supper.

Was really nice to meet everyone. The road had a nice variety of curves and open space. Along with a sprinkling of troopers and rice rockets.

Will be pulling pictures off the camera soon and will be sending them off to you.

Still hard to believe all the CB color today. Go from never seeing another CB, to 3 of them today.

No doubt we'll do it again -- drive safe!

Old 09-06-2003, 10:04 PM

Thanks everyone, this was a great meet! We had four out of the seven that thought they might make it even though the weather wasn’t perfect. Selle up from the Springs, Xing and Lollolboy with his “rare” silver G (look at the pic’s and you’ll understand).

It never ceases to amaze me, when I get together with people who share a common love of cars, what great people they are. Selle, Xing and Lollolboy and I had a great time and truly share the love of the G35! At lunch we started to put the next meet into the works. Maybe the Springs or 2nd Creek Raceway, anyway we are off to a great start for the Colorado meets and I would guess it will grow from here so don’t miss out the next time one rolls around!

The above pic is the overlook just before you descend into Boulder. I think we had all three of the CB G35C’s in the state represented here! Xing had the rare silver to his surprise!

99350-TheRun_8_03.jpg

Old 09-06-2003, 10:11 PM

Here's another shot of the G's at the overlook

99355-2TheCORun_8_03.jpg

Old 09-06-2003, 10:35 PM

My first picture post. I hope it makes it.

Anyway, here is an example shot from somewhere along the ride.

99363-DSCF0015.jpg

Old 09-06-2003, 10:46 PM

It's not every day you see this in the rearview!

99368-4TheCORun_8_03.jpg

Old 09-06-2003, 10:51 PM

Here’s one of your stops along the way. Next time I’m going to do a little better job of picking a place to stop. I think lollolboy has a shot or two that will show who was so kind as to explain that to us! (Just the good guys doing their job and no harm done…)

99370-5TheCORun_8_03.jpg

Old 09-06-2003, 10:53 PM

Here’s a picture as we started to head back down into the valley toward Estes

99371-6TheCORun_8_03.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Colorado Meet