New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

It's official,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's official,

I am now a G35 driver. lol

My name's Alex and I live in the greatly humid city of Houston, Tx. This morning/afternoon, I picked up my G.

taken with my SE W900i

2005 6MT Athens blue on black
47.7K miles on the odo at time of delivery
Loaded minus the navi package
One owner
All service done at Inifiniti
Came with one month remaining of XM Sat

It drives great and I love it thus far. Clutch engagement is a little different than my '94 Celica, but I think I can adapt pretty well.

Only problem I've noticed so far is that there's a slight whining coming from the power steering pump, I think. I can see the fluids bubbling in the reservoir and I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

Anywho, as far as pricing goes, I paid $18K for the car out the door. I think that's a pretty good deal.

I just need to find a place that sells a good quality, unmarked car cover. Any ideas?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
crap....i'm low on oil.....time to take it to Infiniti...

Old 06-11-2009, 11:58 AM
congrats, welcome to the boards. I am a new G owner in Houston as well.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats and welcome to 'Driver

Old 06-15-2009, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Osa713
congrats, welcome to the boards. I am a new G owner in Houston as well.
Thanks! what side of town?

Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
Congrats and welcome to 'Driver

So on Friday, I took the car to Sewell Infiniti to get an oil change done and start the OCT. The service consultant did not hassle me at all about it and went straight ahead and listed the test with the oil change when I showed him the TSB print-out and informed him that I was still under the power train warranty. Sadly however, this morning when I started the car to run some small errands, I heard some light knocking coming from the engine bay and believe you me, I'm no stranger to rod knock. poo.

On another note though, the whining noise I was getting was the cause of a cracking and worn out serpantine belt, so I had that replaced.

BTW, is the classified section only available for premium members?

Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by NgoFcukinWay
Thanks! what side of town?

So on Friday, I took the car to Sewell Infiniti to get an oil change done and start the OCT. The service consultant did not hassle me at all about it and went straight ahead and listed the test with the oil change when I showed him the TSB print-out and informed him that I was still under the power train warranty. Sadly however, this morning when I started the car to run some small errands, I heard some light knocking coming from the engine bay and believe you me, I'm no stranger to rod knock. poo.

On another note though, the whining noise I was getting was the cause of a cracking and worn out serpantine belt, so I had that replaced.

BTW, is the classified section only available for premium members?
Southwest, I just dropped mine off at Southwest Infiniti to take a look @ my oil consumption. Im in a 35 sedan loaner

Maybe you need a certain number of post, to view the classifieds..

Old 06-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Congrats and welcome to driver!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:42 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Congrats on your new ride. Athens blue is my second favorite color, any blue FTW!! Welcome from another Texas brother.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by TwilightBlue
Congrats and welcome to driver!
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Congrats on your new ride. Athens blue is my second favorite color, any blue FTW!! Welcome from another Texas brother.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Osa713
Southwest, I just dropped mine off at Southwest Infiniti to take a look @ my oil consumption. Im in a 35 sedan loaner
I hope that works out well for you. I took mine back to Sewell after a little under 1200 miles and the car's already gone through 1/2 a quart of oil. That means by the time the car will need it's next oil change, I'll be ~1.5 quarts low in oil and that's a big no-no IMO. Greater chance for rod knock (what a terrible feeling ). They told me to take it around for another 1000 miles, bring it back, then they'll hold the car for longer to check the oil and see what's up with my 5th gear issue and fork over a loaner. Would be neat if I got an M35 as a loaner.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:18 AM
They checked my oil, everything was fine. I will get it checked again before my warranty runs out though..