New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Just joined the G club!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just joined the G club! ( for real this time)

So I posted awhile back saying I got a G35 Coupe, but it turned out that I didn't end up getting that one due to hidden body damage.

A week later I managed to find another Black 04 G35 Coupe in better condition and less miles! Really the only thing bad about it is the tow hook cover from the front is missing. If anyone has a spare obsidian black tow hook cover sitting around please hit me up.

Anyways, I got it with 88k miles and the body is as straight as can be and without a spot of rust(except the exhaust bolts of course... lol). I'm pretty happy with it so far! Rear tires are brand new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus!

I have done a few things to it so far. The previous owner took it to a mechanic and the idiot mechanic put Synthetic GL5 transmission fluid in it. So as soon as I found that out I swapped the transmission fluid out with Synchromesh(which is GL4 compatible). It shifts soo much smoother now, I suggest if you have a notchy transmission to try out Synchromesh. I also changed the oil with a semi-synthetic(I change oil every 3-4k miles) and put the larger capacity WIX oil filter in.

I have purchased a Stillen Air Intake Kit(intake + z-tube) and it should be here this week. I also plan on getting some high-flow cats and buy UpRev.

Any cheap or close to free mods you can do to the car? Is it worth it porting out your own lower plenum? Or with a non-uprev engine is a plenum spacer enough?

Anyways just wanted to keep you guys updated! I'll be frequenting the forum now.

Last edited by OldPizza; 06-04-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by OldPizza
So I just finished at the dealership and I am now the proud owner of a Black Obsidian 2004 6MT Coupe!

It has 91k miles on it but it had only one owner and he is a 50+ yr old man. It had all the maintenance logs and all of the service was done at the local Sewell infiniti dealer! No wrecks or anything and the carfax looked super clean!
Carfax Link

I don't have the car yet because I'm making them repaint the front and rear bumper and replace the door lock actuators but I should have it by weeks end!

It is completely stock and showed no signs of ever having been modded. Just had the normally wear and tear of driving it. Looks like it was just a daily driver for the guy. I actually got in touch with the original owner and sure enough he was a 50+ yr old lawyer who just drove it to work each day! I attached some pictures that the dealer took of it! It should look a lot better once they have fully detailed it and such! It sure is bone stock looking though!

I plan on doing a few little mods to it like a z-tube and maybe some exterior mods but nothing too crazy yet.

Any suggestions on what to do to it?
Congrats Old Pizza on your new ride! Sounds like you found one that has seen a lot of TLC. Welcome to the family! Enjoy your 6MT!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome on the Forum... nice, clean G...

Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys! I'm super excited about the car!

I have a few things planned for it.

Performance Mods: Stillen z-tube & intake, Motordyne 1/2 Plenum spacer, Stillen High Flow Cats or Art pipes, UpRev dyno tune.

Suspension: Stillen sway bars(front and rear) and Stillen strut tower brace.

Exterior: Debadge trunk except for infiniti emblem, get a debadged black grill, Wheels ( Maybe XXR 530), Window Tint(probably the first thing I'll do)

I picked up one of the HKS knock off exhausts for $150 on craigslist. I'm not big on rasp or really loud exhausts so I think I may put some dynomax bullet mufflers inline with the mid pipes to quite it down. Do you think that will sound okay? Also, if I do the 1/2 plenum spacer will I be able to use a strut tower brace or no?

Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Welcome. wait and save up money for better wheels and exhaust.... it will be worth it.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Sad news... Looks like I won't be picking up that G...
After the dealer had cleaned it up(first time I saw it, it was pretty dirty) A LOT of body filler could be seen on the passenger side. It looked like a 3 year old had done the bodywork. Looking down the side of the freshly polished door looked like you were looking at a wavy piece of sheet metal... So I told the dealer no as they had never disclosed the fact they had a 3 year old work on the car.

So I guess I'll continue looking for a G. I fell in love with it and have to have one now. A 6MT Coupe though is pretty hard to find. Wish me luck.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
So much for a CARFAX!

Welcome to DRIVER! When you find the coupe you're looking for, come on back....Gary

Old 05-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Be patient. Keep looking. You'll find the one that is perfect for you. Better to say no and walk away then to own a "money pit" you begin to resent everytme you look at it. Keep in touch!

Old 05-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm just going to keep looking around. If anyone knows of any 6MT Coupes in the Dallas area let me know. ;P

Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Just updated my main post because I actually bought a G35 this time! hah

Old 06-04-2013, 08:48 PM
That's great that you finally found your G! Post pics when you can. Would like to see it!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by ScreaminMeemer
That's great that you finally found your G! Post pics when you can. Would like to see it!
I included some pictures in the post, maybe they didn't load? That are kinda huge... lol.
But yeah, I'm glad I finally got one! I got a screaming deal on it! An 04 Coupe 6MT with 88k miles on it for $10k! It is in super good condition.

Originally Posted by jmosG
not bad .. now slammed it and add some 3pc wheels
Yeah.. I want to get some new wheels but I'm too cheap right now. =P I'm going for the go fast parts first.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by OldPizza
I included some pictures in the post, maybe they didn't load? That are kinda huge... lol.
But yeah, I'm glad I finally got one! I got a screaming deal on it! An 04 Coupe 6MT with 88k miles on it for $10k! It is in super good condition.

Yeah.. I want to get some new wheels but I'm too cheap right now. =P I'm going for the go fast parts first.
Congrats on getting a better deal you're happy with. I'm the complete opposite of you. I want my G to mostly look prettier. Don't need speed. Not at 35 yrs old with 3 kids...

Enjoy the new ride!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love your wheels. Where did you get them?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Em1635
I love your wheels. Where did you get them?
They're the 7 spoke 18" Infiniti wheels and I plasti dipped them.

Last edited by OldPizza; 06-04-2013 at 11:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just joined the G club!