New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New member in Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2013 | 05:52 PM
|
New member in Florida

Hey Everyone,
I've been reading all I can on the forum here and figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm looking into a pre owned g35. I don't have my mind made up on body style, but I think the year I get will depend on who I finance with.

Old 08-14-2013 | 03:19 PM
Any specific ones you're looking at? Coupe vs Sedan? First vs Second gen? I assume you don't want AWD, as Florida doesn't get snow very often. You want the car as a daily driver or a project? What's your budget?

What other questions can I ask?

Old 08-14-2013 | 10:10 PM
|
:)

Originally Posted by turok
Any specific ones you're looking at? Coupe vs Sedan? First vs Second gen? I assume you don't want AWD, as Florida doesn't get snow very often. You want the car as a daily driver or a project? What's your budget?

What other questions can I ask?
Hey what's up Turok?

I'm leaning slightly towards the coupe. It would be great to land an 07/08, but I'm thinking I'll most likely end up with 05/06 5AT. I drove manual since I was 19 (11 years) and want that comfort of an auto when I'm in stop and go traffic. The tiptronic really interests me.

As far as the weather in Florida, you're looking at rain daily, especially this year. It's usually here and gone quickly, but I have driven RWD in the rain and snow (NJ).

This will be my daily driver yes. I commute about 10 miles to work everyday into the city and this will suit me fine haha! As far as being a project...I typically don't get into too many mod's. I plan on doing the same as my 03' Mustang GT with this one....exaust, tint, headlights, audio system and just keeping it running great.

I've been talking to a friend of mine that has an 09 Maxima 3.5 CVT. He bought it with like 150k on it and it runs great lol. Got it at a great deal and just wants to rebuild the engine and call it a day. Kind of off topic, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Old 08-15-2013 | 07:59 AM
Not a whole lot, Gnosis. I'd welcome you to the board, but I'm almost as new as you.

The coupes are definitely prettier than the sedans, as long as you don't need the space for anything. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Speaking of Nissan family sedans, my parents bought an '08 Altima 3.5 a few months after i bought my G35x. For a little family sedan, that thing can haul some ***.

Old 08-15-2013 | 10:22 AM
|
Originally Posted by turok
Not a whole lot, Gnosis. I'd welcome you to the board, but I'm almost as new as you.

The coupes are definitely prettier than the sedans, as long as you don't need the space for anything. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Speaking of Nissan family sedans, my parents bought an '08 Altima 3.5 a few months after i bought my G35x. For a little family sedan, that thing can haul some ***.
Thanks man. Funny you mention the Altima 3.5. I was looking at that as well. I'm surprised at the power it has. The Maxima 3.5 CVT would be nice as well, but we'll see. A few people I work with have a g35x sedan and a g35 coupe and they look so nice when I pull into the parking lot haha.

Thanks for the replies Turok

Old 08-20-2013 | 03:07 PM
g37 sedan for me fun big enuf' to carry ppl or stuff.. good luck man

Old 08-20-2013 | 03:52 PM
All of the Nissan 3.5L's have more or less the same engine as the G35's. They both share the VQ engine. If you're looking for a daily driver and nothing more then just settle with the Nissan. If you want the extra luxury and kick you get out of the G's, your choice is clear.

Old 08-20-2013 | 06:22 PM
|
Originally Posted by the93owner
All of the Nissan 3.5L's have more or less the same engine as the G35's. They both share the VQ engine. If you're looking for a daily driver and nothing more then just settle with the Nissan. If you want the extra luxury and kick you get out of the G's, your choice is clear.
I honestly like the 350z look over the g35 coupe, but I'll most likely stick with the g35 sedan. After thinking it over, I'll definitely need to take my dogs out with me sometimes so that will work well.

The vq 3.5 seems to have great reviews so I'm not worried about buying used at 80-100k miles really.

On a side note....

I'm hoping to get the following....push button start, remote start and secuity system all in one.

I've read up on the viper alarms with remote start, but I haven't seen the combo with a push button start. I apologize if this is right in my face, but does anyone have info on this? I always though the push to start was cool, but I live in Florida and will need the remote to cool my car down from 130 degrees :O

Thanks for the replies everyone!