New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

OPINIONS/ADVICE WELCOME 03 g35 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking OPINIONS/ADVICE WELCOME 03 g35 sedan

To anyone who takes the time to read this. I'm riding an 03 g35 sedan w/auto transmission and 180k on the odometer... NEED ADVICE on what to do with my baby. I saw ttrank's beauty of a sedan and decided I want it in white...with more powahhhhh
I know the block is coming out and being swapped when I have the money saved just undecided if I want a v8 or v6. To be honest I want this car built to where I'll never let her go. I bought her all by myself... they'll take the keys from my lifeless body and put em in the casket before anything else. I seriously love this car.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.
Before even starting a build, need to be serious and realistic with your budget.
Going forced induction or nah? This will better focus where you need to spend your money on the build...no cheaping out.
This site and my350z have EXCELLENT build threads with many many many different ways to approach it.

Do your research ahead of time while you're saving and fix the minor issues you have now before moving forward...I'm assuming there's minor fixes based on the mileage.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Congrats on the purchase.
Before even starting a build, need to be serious and realistic with your budget.
Going forced induction or nah? This will better focus where you need to spend your money on the build...no cheaping out.
This site and my350z have EXCELLENT build threads with many many many different ways to approach it.

Do your research ahead of time while you're saving and fix the minor issues you have now before moving forward...I'm assuming there's minor fixes based on the mileage.
I have a strong idea on where I want to go, money for the build will be no issue if I can get very simple things in my life together. Just to put that out there...
I know I don't want to naturally aspirate the motor or supercharge it since gas mileage will turn into a joke. I cannot decide if I wanna do a BIG OLE single turbo or a twin like ttrank... I start mechanics school after the new year and already got a buddie who builds race cars for **** and giggles. Just looking for solid outside opinions from MEN who know the potential the G35 has. Btw cheers on the reply was expecting to wait a week or two for someone to stumble across the thread.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
You should first think about what you want from the car. Is it still going to be a daily driver, weekend car, what are your horsepower goals, etc., etc. Building the motor is the easy part (especially since you said money isn't a problem). If it were me, I'd rebuild the motor and tranny to ensure your ride will last. You need to figure out horsepower goals. Do you want 400, 500, 600 or more horsepower at the wheels. Like mentioned before. Check out some build threads before you get your feet wet. Its better to take the long way home and enjoy your ride forever than take short cuts and regret the decision you made.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
You should first think about what you want from the car. Is it still going to be a daily driver, weekend car, what are your horsepower goals, etc., etc. Building the motor is the easy part (especially since you said money isn't a problem). If it were me, I'd rebuild the motor and tranny to ensure your ride will last. You need to figure out horsepower goals. Do you want 400, 500, 600 or more horsepower at the wheels. Like mentioned before. Check out some build threads before you get your feet wet. Its better to take the long way home and enjoy your ride forever than take short cuts and regret the decision you made.
It has to be my daily driver. Love this car like babys love tit. Couldn't hide her away in a garage to be the date night car. In terms of horse power, I really just want an exotic car killer... I've done the research I just can't make up my mind, I'm leaning on a Big Ole single turbo, I've read it's easier to work with but not as responsive compared to a twin. I'm 21 years old but I feel I will have grey hair before this project finishes.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
In all honesty I don't think it'll be an exotic car killler (unless it's an old exotic), I'd install a twin turbo setup, concentrate on improving its performance to levels I can enjoy on a daily basis and it keeps a smile on my face. Otherwise trying to outrun everythings gets real boring real fast. Always remember your G is a Grand Tourer. Yes, you can build the motor and get an enormous amount of power out of it but, at what cost. I'm building mine simply for my enjoyment, all else is secondary. I'm out running much newer cars the way it sits now and I'm just scratching the surface (barely). My horsepower goal is 450 rear wheel power. I'll be more than satisfied with that. One more thing. Babies aren't the only ones who love ****...lol.

Last edited by Mr. Brooks; 09-22-2015 at 10:56 PM.