New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New member and new to G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New member and new to G35

Greetings everyone,

My name is Joseph, from Arcadia, CA, and I just got myself a black 2007 G35 coupe. I technically don't have it yet since I'm removing parts from my trade-in car, which is a 2003 Sentra Spec V.

I have my sentra since 2010, and it was my very first car. It has been great. I had a lot of plans for my sentra. But to make it short, I decided to get myself my dream car and look at buying a G35. I found one in a fairly close dealer from my house and it has 68xxx miles, and a 6MT. The price was fairly low as compared to others with higher miles and has a 5AT.

Anyway, I rarely post on the forums I join at. The only time I post is when I'm replying on topics I believe I can help, buying or selling, and when asking questions that I can't find answers for.

That's all. Thank you for your time reading my intro. Take care

Old 10-07-2015, 06:58 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
OB 6MT FTMFW!
post pics bruh!

The following users liked this post:
JMLM13 (10-10-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
OB 6MT FTMFW!
post pics bruh!

I'll post pics tomorrow. I'll be getting the car later tonight

Old 10-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

JMLM13 (10-10-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 04:22 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Hello Joseph and welcome on board! Glad to have you here and congrats on your G35. Make sure to show it to us when it arrives home. Do you have any plans on it? A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Enjoy the time behind its wheel!

JMLM13 (10-10-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by carid
Hello Joseph and welcome on board! Glad to have you here and congrats on your G35. Make sure to show it to us when it arrives home. Do you have any plans on it? A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Enjoy the time behind its wheel!

Thank you!

Yeah. I've been browsing the site whenever I have time. Definitely helpful.

As for my plan for my car, there are definitely plenty. However, have to get it in top condition first. Coz the previous owner (s) never did a good maintenance on it.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:34 PM
Here's the pic!

This was at my workplace. Doing a thorough inspection and maintenance since the previous owner(s) didn't pretty much do it.

The reason why the front tires are out. And they decided to put 245/40/19 for the fronts, rather than the 225/40/19.

And this is the proof of why I thought that they never did a very good maintenance on this car. My guess is that this is the original cabin filter from when they got the car from the factory.

After our inspection, we found several problems, which all of them are in the front suspension of the car.

The car is lowered with H&R springs, which I didn't know until yesterday when we did the inspection.

Anyway, the problems are.
- Leaking Struts (OEM)
Debating on whether to get KYBs or Tokicos, what do you guys think?

- Upper Control Arm ball joint (both side) are shot. It has an aftermarket adjustable camber. By the looks of it, its those cheap camber kits on ebay.
Based on what I found, the SPC camber kit seems to be the best one on the market. So i'll be buying those.

- Leaking Left lower ball joint, and broken right lower ball joint.
If you guys know some good places to buy just the ball joint, please let me know.

-Tie rod ends, both leaking. Was planning to buy the megan racing with bump steer kit as for a replacement, but don't really have the money right now. So I'll be buying the Moog's tie rod ends.

and that's pretty much it.

I'll be doing a coolant flush, brake and clutch fluid exchange, throttle body/fuel injection cleaning, transmission and differential fluid exchange in the following days.

I'll be using redline mt-90 for the trans and OEM for the diff.

Thanks for reading. I'm open for your suggestions. So please let me know if you have a better option out there.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by JMLM13
Here's the pic!

This was at my workplace. Doing a thorough inspection and maintenance since the previous owner(s) didn't pretty much do it.

The reason why the front tires are out. And they decided to put 245/40/19 for the fronts, rather than the 225/40/19.

And this is the proof of why I thought that they never did a very good maintenance on this car. My guess is that this is the original cabin filter from when they got the car from the factory.

After our inspection, we found several problems, which all of them are in the front suspension of the car.

The car is lowered with H&R springs, which I didn't know until yesterday when we did the inspection.

Anyway, the problems are.
- Leaking Struts (OEM)
Debating on whether to get KYBs or Tokicos, what do you guys think?

- Upper Control Arm ball joint (both side) are shot. It has an aftermarket adjustable camber. By the looks of it, its those cheap camber kits on ebay.
Based on what I found, the SPC camber kit seems to be the best one on the market. So i'll be buying those.

- Leaking Left lower ball joint, and broken right lower ball joint.
If you guys know some good places to buy just the ball joint, please let me know.

-Tie rod ends, both leaking. Was planning to buy the megan racing with bump steer kit as for a replacement, but don't really have the money right now. So I'll be buying the Moog's tie rod ends.

and that's pretty much it.

I'll be doing a coolant flush, brake and clutch fluid exchange, throttle body/fuel injection cleaning, transmission and differential fluid exchange in the following days.

I'll be using redline mt-90 for the trans and OEM for the diff.

Thanks for reading. I'm open for your suggestions. So please let me know if you have a better option out there.
Shocks go KYB excel (sport suspension model)

SPC, SPL or Eibach for the rear camber arms are the only acceptable options. Be sure to get toe bolts for the rear too.

SPL, Eibach, SPC and kinetix offer great front arms.

Conceptzperformance.com has balljoint for $40/ea. I've been on them for 2 years now with no probs.

JMLM13 (10-10-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Shocks go KYB excel (sport suspension model)

SPC, SPL or Eibach for the rear camber arms are the only acceptable options. Be sure to get toe bolts for the rear too.

SPL, Eibach, SPC and kinetix offer great front arms.

Conceptzperformance.com has balljoint for $40/ea. I've been on them for 2 years now with no probs.
Thank you! You saved me a lot of trouble with the search. I'll look into them in the morning.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the Driver forums Joseph! I like what you're doing, making drive ability a priority! Tires with that kinda wear just show what I've been preaching for years, without the right camber kit and alignment your folks had better own a tire store! I'm running SPL camber kit front and rear, they seem to have the most adjustment. KYBs will give you a factory ride, last for years and the cost won't empty your wallet. The SPL and KYBs are available from our Marketplace under vendor suspension! That's where I've purchased all my suspension needs since I joined Driver less a trip or two to Stillen. Joseph, again welcome and enjoy the ride!
Gary

JMLM13 (10-10-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 01:20 PM
It really all depends on what you're looking to do with a car. If you're looking to track the car at all, I would get the SPL kit. It's the best out there. The best comes at a pretty high cost, though. I have the SPC kit, and I've been running it for about 5 years. It holds up well and does what I need it to do at a fraction of the cost of the SPL kit. If I start adding sway bars and whatnot, I'll probably upgrade to the SPL.

Also, let's not forget that Stillen makes a kit. They're always a safe bet.

JMLM13 (10-10-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Thank you Gary C and SmokingSkull!

I do work at Just Tires, so access for an alignment rack is not a problem for me.
As for my plan for the ride, as for the engine department, there are a lot! Boosting is always on my mind. But that's years from now. For now, I'll just go intake and exhaust for now.

As for my suspension, I plan to build it as "track ready". Because I enjoy canyon cruises than freeway racing. The VQ35HR is a powerful engine as is. For now, I just want to build my car to put all that power to the ground without problem while on turns.

I do plan on going coilovers (BC's is what I'm thinking of getting) eventually. However, I only have 1k to spend at the moment (until the end of the year. LOL) So, I'm getting things fixed for now then decide on it later on. Coilover is great, but if my UCA and LCA are shot, that's useless.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by JMLM13
As for my suspension, I plan to build it as "track ready". Because I enjoy canyon cruises than freeway racing. The VQ35HR is a powerful engine as is. For now, I just want to build my car to put all that power to the ground without problem while on turns.
If you intend on tracking it, you might just start piecing together the SPL parts now.

I do plan on going coilovers (BC's is what I'm thinking of getting) eventually. However, I only have 1k to spend at the moment (until the end of the year. LOL) So, I'm getting things fixed for now then decide on it later on. Coilover is great, but if my UCA and LCA are shot, that's useless.
Fix what's broken and then save for a good set of coilovers. I haven't heard anything that would make me want to run out and buy a set of BCs for the track, but that's just me. A friend of mine had some, and they were great for slamming the car to the ground, but that's about it.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by SmokingSkull
If you intend on tracking it, you might just start piecing together the SPL parts now.

Fix what's broken and then save for a good set of coilovers. I haven't heard anything that would make me want to run out and buy a set of BCs for the track, but that's just me. A friend of mine had some, and they were great for slamming the car to the ground, but that's about it.

It's more for a daily driving maybe once or twice track day in a year. I just bought SPC, and I believe that it would be plenty good for how Im going to use it. Thanks for your opinion though.