New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Just picked this 2004 G35x up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked this 2004 G35x up!

Hey everyone,

This is my first Infiti, but have had my fair share of VW's and more recently BMW's. Still have my e60 535xi, but wanted to pick up an Infiti to use as my daily/winter beater.

SO: I bought it knowing that it overheats. It has a swapped-in 2005 350Z motor with roughly 75k miles on it. Previous owner said everything was running fine until late last week when the radiator "broke" and starting spewing out liquid. I bought this car for a STEAL, so I don't mind fixing it. After putting in a brand new radiator, mechanic now says it needs a head gasket job to fix the overheating issue. Damn!

I'm a little frustrated because I wasn't expecting that, but it's not the end of the world. The car is great otherwise. I just hope this will actually fix the problem and doesn't become a money pit. I'm taking it to Nissan on Wednesday to get another opinion before I do anything.

Also needs: Seat motor/gear because the seat tilts, but does NOT go forward or backward. I can barely fit as I'm 6'3" LOL. I'm guessing I can do this myself with a tutorial on here. I like the search button!

Happy to be here! Always loved the early G's.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Jersey boy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.