New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New G35X, What is this aftermarket switch??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New G35X, What is this aftermarket switch??

Hi all, i just purchased a 2008 infiniti g35x. love the car and have no complaints. however there is this little switch on my dash that i cant figure out the function of.

its on the left hand side below the steering wheel next to the trunk release and the VDC button. i believe on some models its where a AFS might be but i don't think this model has that on it. this G35 just has the premium package.

does anybody have any ideas on what it might be? ive tried flipping it in multiple scenarios (while parked, car off, while driving, at night, during day )
it doesn't make any noise or clicking anywhere, no lights come in the front of the car, seems to do nothing and since i purchased it used from a dealership they had no idea what is did either. they hadn't even noticed it. im guessing a security system. but how do I check?

any ideas would be appreciated, id rather not have to take apart the dash to find out where the wires run to

The switch in question (right-most switch)