New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New owner of a 2003 G35 Coupe (Performance Package)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation New owner of a 2003 G35 Coupe (Performance Package)

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this website (obviously), and thought I'd just introduce myself to everyone here, and maybe even get some tips from the experienced owners. I just bought this care about a month ago, and I love the look and feel of it. I just had a few concerns that I'm not sure about what to do.

First off, on the passenger's side I am missing the roof drip molding (73855AM800 I think) and I don't want to buy it from the stealership because they want about $200 for and I feel I could get it for way cheaper, I just don't know where to look. Also, on the driver's side, the front bumper side marker light is missing both the bulb and housing (this picture shows it with the bulb still intact, but it must've fallen out or something). I'm not sure what the best bulb and housing would be to buy, and I figure you guys would know more about that than I.

Lastly, I found two physical problems with the car that I'm hoping you guys could help me with. The mileage is giving me issues, as I was expecting an average of 17 mpg in the city (90% of my driving is city) but I average anywhere from 14.3-15 and it's just pitiful and expensive. To be fair, the car is a 2003 and it has ~146k miles on it. Does anyone have any idea of what parts might need to be replaced to increase the mpg a bit more? The headlights that the car came with (the previous owner replaced the OEM ones) are what I believe to be "[Dual CCFL Halo]For 2003-2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe LED Projector Chrome Headlights." They look nice, but are terrible for visibility because they are pointed downward. If I could just point them up that'd be great, as they are really bright, but I don't know what to tighten. A lot of people in the forums have taught how to aim OEM headlights, but I was wondering if anyone here would know anything about aftermarkets? Thank you for your time guys!

Attached Thumbnails New owner of a 2003 G35 Coupe (Performance Package)-img_1784.jpg   New owner of a 2003 G35 Coupe (Performance Package)-img_1804.jpg  
Old 10-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Performance?

Shouldn't it have had brembos to be a sport?

Old 10-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
Performance?

Shouldn't it have had brembos to be a sport?
Sorry if I sound like a noob (just started learning about cars after I bought this)...
Brembos are brakes/discs rights? Both were replaced a couple months ago by the previous owner. When I got the tires changed at a Costco, they told me that this coupe had the performance package, that's the only reason I stated that.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:55 AM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by phoking_tj
Sorry if I sound like a noob (just started learning about cars after I bought this)...
Brembos are brakes/discs rights? Both were replaced a couple months ago by the previous owner. When I got the tires changed at a Costco, they told me that this coupe had the performance package, that's the only reason I stated that.
Only the 6 speed cars had the performance package in 03-04 I believe. They came with the big brake system. Nonetheless welcome to the crew!

In terms of buying parts, I'm not sure on that but I'm sure someone will chime in soon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.